Holistic Industries

Holistic Industries Employee Reviews

Amazing if you aren't a manager

There's a lack of organization that runs deep. Managers aren't really trained and are expected to learn through osmosis. They are also very unclear about what procedures are company policies vs. what the state requires. However, if you're a budtender with no responsibility for money or inventory, it's amazing. The benefits were what drew me to the job for sure.

Pros

insurance, decent pay, samples for staff, moss wall

Cons

poor upper management, poor communication, You cannot accept tips

Not worth it

Holistic has hired leadership paying over 100k+ in salaries but just did a huge layoff of their workers with no notice. Everyone is underpaid except for executive leadership. This is a money hungry company that do not care about their employees. I would 1000% not recommend.

Cons

Summary: squandered potential

Simply put - stay away from Holistic Industries. Workplace harassment, ineffective and top-heavy management structure, unclear performance indicators, rampant unprofessionalism, a completely inept and useless HR department, ambiguous communication and overworked staff are all things to look forward to if you join the Holistic crew

Pros

Cannabis discounts, friendly coworkers

Cons

Literally everything else

No communication in upper management

The company is growing. However, they recently hired many VPs (most have no background in the industry), became top heavy, then recently laid off at least 10% of the workforce across the board. It was not handled well and many who survived the layoffs are looking for employment elsewhere. They have a knee jerk reaction to the economy, which will probably cost them more in the long run when they have to reopen the jobs. Also, the recent hiring then subsequent layoffs show there is no communication or planning in upper management. It's very reactionary. There was no notice of the layoffs, either. It happened quickly with no indication it was coming. Co-workers are pleasant and easy to work with.

There’s plenty of other dispensaries to work at

Use it as a foot in the door but nothing more. No longevity here and from the top to the bottom management is unprofessional and inexperienced at best.

Pros

You get a discount on cannabis

Cons

Expensive healthcare, poor compensation, no support from management, no communication, seems they put people in positions by default/being the only option

Run

Undervalued Underpaid Overworked and un recognized. This company is full of false promises and excuses. They will be unprepared for everything new they plan and expected you to fix it on the fly with no assistance from anyone but maybe the people in your department if they don't feel burdened enough by this companies ideals.

Pros

Weed

Cons

Everything💆

Decent

Senior management is where all the problems are. The management at Monson when I was there was incredible and did what they could despite senior level management not listening or accepting any outside suggestions based on their “knowledge” despite not having any cannabis experience themselves. They do set outrageous goals and the company has outgrown the building space. Then again it is a manufacturing company and the goal is to make money (which means more product) unfortunately quality is the trade off for production. All in all if you’re looking for experience and a foot in door it’s a good start l, if you really care about quality you might be upset but everyone is just trying to do their job. Again the problems are with senior management. The Monson managers are just trying to hit the target numbers and keep their heads above water.

Pros

Monson employees are great

Cons

Poor benefits, poor upper level management (the people that work above the Monson managers)

If you really love the Cannabis industry, this isn’t the place for you

-poor pay-poor management-constantly promised bonuses with nothing to show- Strane products are subpar, poorly processed and packaged-HR department is basically nonexistent, incapable.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Basically everything else

Fun people

This is a great company to work for when first entering the cannabis industry. They taught me everything I needed to move forward in the industry. The pay was terrible and management definitely needed work but the end result was I learned everything I need to know for a start up and how to run one!!

People are willing to help

Great environment, people are cool relaxed and always willing to help you , very easy task and the smell of cannabis keep you going , cool people to be around

Pros

Everybody friendly

Cons

Break

When you work hard, they take care of you.

I have been working for this company for years now, I understand people complaining about issues but I have never worked for a company that didn't have any problems. We are here to problem solve, not complain and stand around. When you provide solutions, you move up, you can move around to different teams and/or positions. This company has been the best I have ever worked for and I plan on sticking around for a long time. If you are the type of person to only nitpick the negatives then I am not sure what company will be good for you. They have amazing benefits, they just added like 8-10 paid holidays that no other companies provide! We get to work in cannabis, we have a long ways to go, but this company is great for hardworking problem solvers.

overworked and underpaid

low pay (16 starting for cultivators, doesn’t matter if you have experience in the industry) always understaffed, turnover rate is constant, raises are hardly given at all

Great company

Very laid back and one of the best in business in Missouri, I loved my short time there! Everyone was very team oriented and everyone there had something to the table to bring. Unfortunately there was some banter there about me that caused me to resign from my position. I will always be an advocate for them though! Much love

Why bother? run for the hills.

Holistic used to be a place that you would actually want to work at. It very quickly became the opposite. I’m not even sure where to start, when I first worked there people actually were smiling and having fun and before I left it was so different. Management has this “favorites” thing where if they like you then you’re first to hear about the job promotions coming or “inside information” that others didn’t really get to hear. Accountability wasn’t a thing, if you did something because a Manager told you to do it but it wasn’t the right way to do it unbeknownst to you it’s on you. Compliance was an issue. The lack of diversity/favoritism was obvious when only people that looked a certain way were in higher positions. If you had to call in to work for an emergency that was private that same information would be told to everyone by your next work shift. A lot of gossiping. When going to management about the gossip nothing was really done because back to the whole “favorites” thing. This company was better before but things change.

Pros

Paid Lunch break, Samples

Cons

Literally everything else. Lack of responsibility, lack of diversity, poor management

great place to work

great company to work for. they do care about your future in the industry and with the company. they'll push you to be a better version of yourself. Holistic is constantly working to make the company better and stronger. some of the nicest people I've worked for. its a very laid back setting but when its crunch time its crunch time. helping patients can be a lot of work but nothing gives you a better sense of joy then making one happy. management definitely has some fixing to do but that can just take some time.

Pros

Discounts, Sense of accomplishment

Absolutely love this job

As a Michigan cannabis pro I have had many issues with many companies in this state. Now I drive 90 miles each way and I wouldnt have it any other way. Best company I've worked for both culture wise and product wise.

Great place to work!

Fun and interesting place to work, pay was pretty good too! There were times where it could get stressful but it wasn’t terrible, everyone was really nice to work with!

Don't waste your time

I guess I'll start off by saying you should not have any expectations for ANYTHING besides the bare minimum. I worked at this location for 16 months and witnessed multiple coworkers (who have been there from the beginning) apply for lead positions and nothing came of it. Management barely acknowledged their applications and instead hired from the outside. Management here is extremely unprofessional and will constantly talk about employees behind their back to anyone who'll listen. I can recall more than a handful of times where disciplinary paperwork was left out on the break room table for anyone to see. This company only cares about making money and pushing their revolting products which have been compromised by mold. If you think you deserve a raise here you should probably table that idea because you won't get one, unless you were looking for an additional and insulting 40 cents an hour. To be honest I could write a novel about all the things that make this a despicable place to be for 40 hours a week and the mental toll it takes on a person but it's just not worth it. Look somewhere else, for your own good.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Incompetent management, rude customers, low employee morale

Industry standard

Nothing good or bad stands out about working for holistic compared to industry standards, if you like the industry you'll be fine, if you want to try the industry out it's worth it, if you like the industry already, it's worth it, if not, it is what it is.

An ideal place to learn and grow.

I feel blessed to have found a career in a working environment that encourages growth while staying humble. I work with an outstanding crew of very talented people who value and appreciate learning from each other. This makes me actually look forward to going to work each morning. 😁

Horribly run company

Higher ups are absolutely ruining this company. All of the things I loved about this job are gone. New leadership/management/VPs etc have completely destroyed this place. It’s a nightmare every single day. They don’t listen to input, hear our voices or allow any room for autonomy. If I could describe this company in two words I’d say “sinking ship.”

Pros

Samples

Cons

Leadership is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holistic Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Holistic Industries