Holborn Assets

Holborn Assets Employee Reviews

The team I worked with was the best team where the team work was at its best. The manager and the team leaders were so humble and supportive to the employees and the environment at work place was so stress free and energetic.
Other than them moving to a cheaper country for labor out of the blue, we as a team had built up an amazing work culture. There were no increments and bonuses provided for the sri Lankan team even though we were the engine that generated all the leads.
Holborn Assets is a progressive forward thinking company that supports hard work and rewards those that put the effort in, it can be hard work but you definitely feel part of a winning team. Very family orientated culture with supportive management team.
Meet with clients to obtain client information necessary to develop and complete financial planning. develop the financial plan strategy considering alternatives.
Pros
very good working environment
Cons
commission only was hard some times
the only good thing about this job was the pay, getting £9 an hour was great, but I felt so bad towards our clients, as we were scamming customers out of their own pension. Management just did not care whatsoever, as long as they got money in their own pocket. The first alarm bells rang when the company had to change its name, because they wanted a new "look".. wrong, they were found out by the pension licensing group...
Good British financial firm, management and system are very good. HR is very slow.If European or Wester nationality you can enjoy on work place. Very friendly and good explore
Pros
2 days off and get extra holiday for Xmas and Easter
Cons
No increment
A very traditional family orientated financial advisory firm. World class ongoing training from the CEO and management. The scope for progression is great. Thanks BD
Pros
Working Environment
Cons
It was really a good experience working with the people and the management. I was well treated and paid fairly with my work. I have enjoyed being their employee while learning a lot of things that help me develop my potentials and skills
Exceptional place to work. Typical duties include managing desktops for the callers, Provide support to Financial advisors mainly for VOIP issues and managing our PBX server. I learned a great deal about Unified Communications, VOIP, AWS, VPN servers and more. The hardest part of the job is that when you are working at the cutting edge of technologies you dont have as much support from "google", but this is also the most rewarding part.
Pros
free parking
Cons
not really
A typical day starts once you open your tools and get to work having lunch breaks and snacks in between and ends once the sun sets. I learned to time manage and prioritize tasks. I also learned that a job can only be finished once the client is satisfied. I was under a great leader who had high hopes for me to succeed and co-workers who supported me. My hardest point was when I needed to engage to a whole different industry for the first time and to perform what is being ask of you. The best part must be when I see my boss smile.
Pros
free coffee and tea with unlimited access to the company's wifi
Cons
* I learnt how to work in a Financial service Company. * I learnt how to Manage teams, Special projects * I learnt a lot about people talk behind your head
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Too much work pressure
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
in Dubai
A family run business that is, in my opinion, a gem in the industry. No micro management required, open communications at all levels.
Pros
Keeping up with the continually changing market with special reference to regulation.
Cons
Administration nightmare.
  1. Employee Reviews