Higher Colleges of Technology logo
Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews

family oriented environment

Its 8:00 to 3:00 job daily for five days. Responsible for the maintaining the AV systems, provide support for different types of events (meetings, lectures, classes, etc.). Arrange lectures and presentations for staff on usage of digital classrooms and other related duties.

Nice place to get your feet wet.

Not challenging enough to continue working. Lots of changes in short time, and not exposed to management. Easy going work atmosphere. The female students are motivated and hard working.

Great Place to work

Great place to work and specially with a wonderful colleagues with a great understanding boss. I always look forward to the next day to learn something new. After my boss decided to leave because he can't protect his own employees anymore, I got the feeling that I don't have any job security anymore....

Pros

understand boss

Cons

not much free time

HR conseilling

Regarding the communication Skill ,I did interview with the HR department in the Higher colleges of technology and there were very interested to collaboration in the field of emotion intelligence in team building there fore I was with the students to improve English Language and self-steam awareness..

Pros

free lunches

Cons

part time

Oppressive and frustrating workplace in recent years

In recent years the organization deteriorated. Awful autocratic management by unqualified people who d0 not have experience in education and certainly have no idea how to motivate people. Continuous changes of policies. Culture of punishment and threats. Very frustrating. Co workers were excellent and salary was excellent but the environment was toxic.

Pros

Co workers, salary, some lovely students

Cons

Upper management

good

good college and willing to find jobs for the fresh graduate students.I hope to find a job as I learned alot in chemical engineering technology.

The campus is well equipped and well maintained to support teaching. Good benefits including high quality health care and housing. Supportive management and office staff. A great place to meet UAE locals and help them with their career objectives.

Pros

I got along well with all my students

Great work place

I have spent the best years of my career life there. Friendly, peaceful and very professional environment. Great methods used to grow the best generation.

it was good

it was good experience job was very good all the staff was help full and friendly management was good and all salary and benefits are awesome unfortunately they are reducing there staff

Pros

yes they pay for it if we were out station

Cons

normal 8 hours

Fun place to work for

I enjoyed working for HCT. there are a lot of fun and activities. You will get to work with Emirates students. they are very polite and fun to be with.

Pros

Good healthy environment

Cons

Weather in UAE

Jobs at Higher Colleges of Technology

See more jobs

Salary and benefits good

Good place to work with good pay and benefits except job security not there due to Emiratisation you may be replaced any time.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

No job security

Pleasant and helpful working staff.

I like working there very much. It's a pleasant and a professional place to work at. The hours distribution between teachers is fair and keeps everyone busy with their work. the campus is well facilitated and my coordinator is just amazing.

Pros

convinient, flexible management

Cons

lack of hours

Productive work palce

Very good colleagues to work with. some time very long working hours. Learned a lots of things. conducting events are very much enjoyed

Learned a lot there.

Fantastic co-workers. learned a lot regarding my job and dealing with people from various part of the world. No job security. Management can be good or bad. lower level managers are fantastic.

Pros

great salary

Cons

no stability in work environment

Productive workplace

Great place to work in, prepare students for workforce, managers provide qualitative feedback, I have confidence on the mangers of the company.

Productive place to work

Great place to work and very busy. You will be pushed to your maximum here. Unfortunately they are now looking to Emiratize mostAdministrative positions.

Pros

Decent hours and package

Cons

Stay away, HCT has been going downhill for years but since Emaritisation of the management, very bad has got even worse

To sum up how they operate, in 2012, I was given a 2.5 year extension to my contract one day and a 6 month termination letter the next day. My college director and HR officer knew nothing about it. Things have got much worse since. HCT has lurched from being an excellent vocational training organisation to a very poor "university" and now it doesn't know what it is!

Pros

Most of the faculty in my college

Cons

Senior Management. Was always bad but with Emiratisation is now worse beyond belief.

Great job

Great job to start your career as a faculty. I worked there for seven years and I believe it was great experience. Once again, I recommend this job for those who have interest in coming to the Middle East.

Pros

Work Environment

Cons

No Advancement

Work Experiences

It is a five-day job, managing future leaders of the country to become successful business professionals. Having an individual to graduate and become an asset to the society is both an honor and a privilege. We all learn from colleagues and the students from content to personal advancement. Managerial skills are well utilized like planning, organizing limited resources, leading, directing and controlling to achieve the maximum potential of our output. Co-workers are composed of professionals from various fields and nationalities, hence, developing the inter-cultural and inter-personal skills.

Pros

Housing benefits

Down the drain

HCT used to be a decent place to work, but since the appointment of new management the institution has declined rapidly. Absolutely no one trusts upper management any longer. Morale is extremely low and for good reason: forced overtime, increase in teaching hours, changing grades without consulting faculty, CCTV cameras all across campus, biometric tracking of faculty, the counting of work hours, and the requirement for attestation of even secondary school transcripts from faculty with multiple Masters and PhDs. Well functioning staff were replaced by locals who quickly decamped, leaving many important posts, such as HR officer, empty. Communication from management is typically through grammatically challenged email messages that have to be clarified by follow-up emails. Threats and bullying have become the norm. In retaliation for more than 80% of faculty failing to have their credentials properly attested and equalized, a process over which faculty have little control, management has not renewed the contracts of somewhere near 300 faculty without cause or explanation. Management is now desperately attempting to recruit replacement faculty at reduced rates. If you are one to whom they have spoken, be very careful.

Pros

Salary paid on time; professional colleagues

Cons

Everything else.

challenging work experience.

Excellent work/life balance Flexible Good working environment Strong ethics and values Competitive among peers.Big projects, different exposure to various types of works, challenging, facilities being offered. Systems and procedure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher Colleges of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Higher Colleges of Technology