Higher Colleges of Technology logo
Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews

family oriented environment

Its 8:00 to 3:00 job daily for five days. Responsible for the maintaining the AV systems, provide support for different types of events (meetings, lectures, classes, etc.). Arrange lectures and presentations for staff on usage of digital classrooms and other related duties.

Best place to gain diverse experience and meet challenges

Given the dynamic, multi-campus, multicultural, I was able to gain vast experience working with this institution. We could interact system-wide with people from different countries and all walks of life. The institution has campuses across the whole of the UAE giving the staff the opportunity to travel to the various campuses all over the country. Given the dynamic nature of the institution, I could gain experience in facing challenges and adapting to changes. I enjoyed my tenure at this institution. I can say it is one of the best places to work in the U.A.E.

Pros

Multicultural and dynamic

Cons

Not many

hct

it is a good college and good benifits. however they keep changing things all the time and you have to adapt to the change if you want to stay there.

Pros

good benifits

Cons

everything chages so quicly

Authoritarian Administration

Horrible management, horrible policies, horrible work environment, lazy Emirati students, incompetent administration, blatant discrimination against non-Emiratis, gross mismanagement of power and resources...in short, HCT is a dead end job.

Pros

It is really hard to think of anything.

Cons

Too Many to List. Everything. The entire operation is negative, corrupt and oppressive.

HCT was a good place to work when i was there. The college management was understanding and the work culture and ethics followed were of high standard.

bad management

you are treated with no value person with phd and 15 years of experience will be put as instructor and person with distance education will be come chair or supervisor

Pros

salary and govt holidays

Cons

worse management and mistreatment of employees of value and nepotism

I Absolutely Hate This Company

HCT is a dead end both personally and professionally. You will not be teaching, you'll be babysitting spoiled, lazy and over-entitled Emiratis who treat you like a servant.

Pros

One day these people will be driving cabs and taking your order at McDonalds.

Cons

In the mean time we have to put up with their horrible driving, taking up three parking spaces at the mall, smoking around our children, and their overall sense of superiority (even though most of them are illiterate).

Productive Workplace

Higher Colleges of Technology was a very productive workplace with opportunities for professional development and career advancement. There was a great deal of networking involved

Amazing Workplace

Amazing place to work. Work culture is very good and supportive. Multinational culture. Students are very good. Collegues are very helpful and supportive.

Pros

Salary, Colleagues, Students

Cons

Good students who are keen to learn depending on the teacher's motivation. Students require a forceful teacher who make them work. Students can take advantage of any weaknesses in the system.

Pros

Good culture

Cons

Too much administrative work

Jobs at Higher Colleges of Technology

See more jobs

Productive workplace

A good experience, which enabled me to develop my communication and team-building skills. It gave me the opportunity to interact with a wide range of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and facilitated personal growth and development.

an environment in transition

The college is in transition and may need more time to establish its core values. There are a great number of high quality faculty and admin staff. Students have interesting backgrounds and are generally pleasant to work with.

Pros

salary, lovely students

Cons

uncertain direction and core values

Fun Place

Learned a lot, interacted with many students, working there built me to learn many new thigns when it comes to customer service, I also learnt some skills regarding IT solutions.

good place

excellent working conditions chance to increase personal qualifications good holidays low level of students mostly not academically motivated students

A once great institution which has fallen into terminal decline

Recent structural changes have led to an atmosphere of management by fear. This was once the best place to work in the EFL world. The package was outstanding. Over the years this has gradually slipped and there appears to be little to attract someone who is serious about a career in education.

Pros

Cons

Micro-management

A very demanding job but had great colleagues to work with

HCT was a wonderful place to work in, I have a great experience and learned a lot of skills from so many people. The most valuable thing in HCT was work with such a huge diversity of people and all of them were great colleagues that I will miss forever. The hardest part of the job: it was overwhelming with no flexibility.

Pros

fast paste with great learning experience and good pakage

Cons

long hours, very demanding

Nice place to work

Overall HCT was a good place to work. I spent seven years teaching at Abu Dhabi Men's College and my time spent there was both productive and fun. Given the chance I would definitely go back and work there.

Pros

very good salary and a lot of free time

Cons

Too many meetings

Great colleagues

Great students, good working environment which is very well resourced. Excellent salary and benefits package. Choice of accommodation and freedom to live where you want. Opportunity for great life style

Pros

Good health insurance. Excellent salary

fun

nice facility, nice work habits, I really enjoyed it , friendly management , very structured system to work with, nice team and management, place for promotion

Pros

good facility

Cons

heavy work load

Good management, students, and salary

HCT had a very supportive management. The students were wonderful. The salary and benefits were attractive. There was plenty of holiday time. Summer can be brutal in the UAE.

Pros

Lots of holidays

Cons

Summers are hot

Amazing Workplace

It is a pleasure to have worked for Higher Colleges of Technology, Dubai. The Management is always involved and looks well after the employees. It is also an amazing workplace where every employee will be helpful and will always help you in your tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher Colleges of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Higher Colleges of Technology