Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews for English Teacher

English Teacher11 reviews
United Arab Emirates11 reviews

Stable job, interesting work

It is very satisfying to assist young adult Emirati students develop career-ready skills.The facilities are well equipped and there are plentiful teaching resources.High level management has moved towards emphasizing raising the HCT’s academic ranking by seeking PhD level instructors regardless of teaching ability.The management style is autocratic and the country itself is an autocracy where dissent is not tolerated.Employment there can be financially rewarding although opportunities for advancement are limited.

Pros

Subsidized housing, health, annual air tickets

Cons

Emphasis on advanced degrees over effective teaching skills

Relaxed and happy place

Higher colleges of Technology is a big establishment. That means it can be hectic at times and each process might take longer sometimes. However, life in Abu Dhabi is quite expensive.

an environment in transition

The college is in transition and may need more time to establish its core values. There are a great number of high quality faculty and admin staff. Students have interesting backgrounds and are generally pleasant to work with.

Pros

salary, lovely students

Cons

uncertain direction and core values

Nice place to work

Overall HCT was a good place to work. I spent seven years teaching at Abu Dhabi Men's College and my time spent there was both productive and fun. Given the chance I would definitely go back and work there.

Pros

very good salary and a lot of free time

Cons

Too many meetings

Love it there

I am still working with them in different projects as a freelancer. I do projects for the government, for airways and for the community. I love the atmosphere and the responsibilities as an Englis teacher. I also taught work skills and mathematics in one of their programs.

Pros

Good career

Cons

Nothing to mention

Pleasant and helpful working staff.

I like working there very much. It's a pleasant and a professional place to work at. The hours distribution between teachers is fair and keeps everyone busy with their work. the campus is well facilitated and my coordinator is just amazing.

Pros

convinient, flexible management

Cons

lack of hours

challenging work experience.

Excellent work/life balance Flexible Good working environment Strong ethics and values Competitive among peers.Big projects, different exposure to various types of works, challenging, facilities being offered. Systems and procedure.

Professional teaching environment

The campus is well equipped and well maintained to support teaching. Good benefits including high quality health care and housing. Supportive management and office staff. A great place to meet UAE locals and help them with their career objectives.

Pros

Reasonable work load

Cons

minimal food services

Not at all what it once was

The HCT has been in a continual state of change that seems to be taking it on a downward spiral for a a few years now. The benefit package is attractive and it used to have a good reputation but beyond that it has become a place to avoid. It seems to have lost its direction and even the students behave like they have lost their respect for it. Teacher moral has become very low.

Pros

Colleagues are great to work with

Cons

Poor and unsupportive management

Nice place to work

A very nice place to live and work. However the management is clueless to what is going on with the sudents

Pros

great vacation time

Cons

incompetent managers

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Higher Colleges of Technology?

A great institution to work in

Great and fun place to work in. People are great, team work is wonderful. Individual needs are met.

Pros

Lots of professional developments for staff.

Cons

Long hours. Teachers should be allowed to leave after the day's teaching

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher Colleges of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Higher Colleges of Technology Reviews by Location