Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Productive and Self Motivating

HCT is a good training institution where you can enhance your skills and potential. Develop yourself in the process and learn to communicate/coordinate and blend with the different level of people and working culture.

Good work environment & remuneration

The work environment is great and conducive to learning with lot of PD opportunities. Remuneration is on the higher side. Exposure to the latest technology & equipment

Pros

Good remuneration & learning environment

Fun workplace

Helped professors with technical labs, and also helped with admin duties. The professors also helped me brush up on a lot of my engineering concepts.

Great Experience

After 15 years of working at the HCT, i used to be very independant and work on different projects, simultaneously, from working for the Executive Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness, to the entire department needs were handled by me. Scheduling, accreditation visits, arranging hotels, airline tickets, scheduling interviews with the 17 campuses across the UAE, arranging meetings, answering calls and queries, Purchase requests, processing and getting quotations and arranging for the LPO's and deliveries. Worked on a project called the ABU DHABI INDUSTRY AWARDS, wherein in the last two years i was working all by myself in securing sponsorships, talking to CEO's of various Major Company's in 7 months time, i had secured 1.25 million dhs, which is used for the graduating students that have excelled in various fields. Arranging and scheduling interviews for the Director, etc. Communicating with Accreditors from around the world i have a list of all i have been doing but not sure if i could attach it somewhere. I have been pioneer of the major conferences we have organized, e-Ducation Without Borders" Festival of Thinkers" Global Medical Forum, wherein, i had to deal with Nobel Laureates, Thinkers, CEO's, Prince and Princess's from around the World. I have worked very hard at times, with sleepless nights, when the responsibility required it, enjoyed it to the fullest. Most of these conferences were always a team work. The management has always appreciated all the dedication no doubt.

Pros

i have enjoyed the responsibility entrusted to me

Cons

i was always on call and could be contacted off work as well on the mobile

Good

I have a lot how to deal with student and teachers. have a wonderful boss. no one to dominate over you as long as the work is completed on time.

Pros

nothing

Cons

travelling long distance

Productive, ideal place to learn and grow

From Higher Colleges of Technology I have learned a new system called Banner System which we can process the student forms through work flow services, which is quick and not tiring. My co staffs were always having a helping mentality and my supervisor was so encouraging too.

Pros

10 mint birthday parties

Jobs at Higher Colleges of Technology