Higher Colleges of Technology logo
Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews in Ras al-Khaimah

A very hard working environment and several challanges.

With 20 hours of teaching, besides other 40 hours of research, meetings, curriculum writing, Exams preparation, invigilation, and marking, reply to students' e-mails, frequent changes in academic and administrative systems, it was a definitely very tiring challenging job.

Pros

Provided acomodation, free Health Insurance, free airline tickets once a year, education allowance for children, and an efficient PD and Training system.

Cons

Poor management, frequent changes, cold, and sometimes hostile work environment.

an environment in transition

The college is in transition and may need more time to establish its core values. There are a great number of high quality faculty and admin staff. Students have interesting backgrounds and are generally pleasant to work with.

Pros

salary, lovely students

Cons

uncertain direction and core values

A dynamic education center for Emirate educational purposes.

A dynamic education center for Emirati educational purposes.A typical day at work involves facilitating classes for adult Emirati students in various courses. I have become a prolific resource and curriculum writer and an a proponent of learning by doing. Management is going through a transitional period as it adapts to Emiratisation. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unmotivated students who have poor English Language skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is to have the autonomy to adapt and create effective curriculum which is consistent with student needs and to lead others.

Pros

housing and tax free salary

Cons

large classes and long hours.

exciting and challenging work environment

As Academic senior officer I used to work from 8 am to 5 pm, I usually start with checking emails and prioritize the daily work. daily work includes printing requested letters for different candidates, answering phones and face to face interaction, updating online information and amending data, reply emails and following different issues online. there are different seasonal tasks to do such as registering students, assessments and grading, graduation processes and different academic requests such as withdrawing, re-enrollment, transferring from different campuses. in my position I have to be a multi task person to handle different tasks at the same time which is difficult and consider the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is the continues changes which make you up-to-date and break routine daily work.

Pros

we got annual tickets, insurance for me and my dependants, also education fees for kids

Cons

long hours without mid-day break

Jobs at Higher Colleges of Technology