Higher Colleges of Technology logo
Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews in Dubai

family oriented environment

Its 8:00 to 3:00 job daily for five days. Responsible for the maintaining the AV systems, provide support for different types of events (meetings, lectures, classes, etc.). Arrange lectures and presentations for staff on usage of digital classrooms and other related duties.

This place is not a university

The management has no interest in being successful as a faculty member.they care about baby sitting the student only. They don’t care the type of eduction that the students get as long as we take attendance to keep the student s off the street

Hct and the uae are the best place to work and live

In the beginning, it was a challenging job because of multiple campuses and remote work culture. However, with the best mode of technologies, soon it became very easy to take over all the assigned tasks and it was always rewarding when you get fair appreciation and bonus based on your performance.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Good work environment & remuneration

The work environment is great and conducive to learning with lot of PD opportunities. Remuneration is on the higher side. Exposure to the latest technology & equipment

Pros

Good remuneration & learning environment

Productive and fun

Overall, it has been a very positive learning and productive experience. The workplace culture is always changing. Sometimes, this is positive and other times it can be negative. Your immediate boss makes a huge difference. The part I enjoy the most about the job is the students.

An excellent organization to be part of, very matured and well qualified management.

Excellent organization, good environment, well managed, very competitive pay and perks. Good exposure of latest teaching technology and tools. An opportunity to work with multinationals without any racism. Best educational organization in Middle East.

HR is incompetent

Job description written around my 25 year experience resume could not have a better job to resume fit, but 6months it took to get an interview then interviewed with wrong job discription, so slow so much incompetent in HR glad I didn't get the Job and found a better position.. In some ways HR done me a favour.

Pros

It would have been interest position

Cons

HR clearly is a big issue

If u live in a western country avoid this college

I almost believe that any one gives this college more than 2 is pushed to do this by the college. If you live in a western country you should not even think of going to this college or kindergartin. If you live in a developing country then it is ok to go to make some money, but be careful u dont want to impact your health negatively. There is nothing good about this place. Management is zero, students are spoiled and knows very little. teaching is tough. they way u will be treated by management and students is horrible. If you dont believe it , just apply and they will take you because they need some people. No one stays there unless he has no place to go. when u go there and spend one month read my reveiw again. they want you to teach minimum of 20 hrs/week. are we in elementary school. finger prints when u come in and when u leave. Vice chancellor and deans are much below the average in performance with the vice chancellor considering professors as his worst enemies. Those who gave high rating for this school are paid to do this. No human will give a rating of more than one or two.

Authoritarian Administration

Horrible management, horrible policies, horrible work environment, lazy Emirati students, incompetent administration, blatant discrimination against non-Emiratis, gross mismanagement of power and resources...in short, HCT is a dead end job.

Pros

It is really hard to think of anything.

Cons

Too Many to List. Everything. The entire operation is negative, corrupt and oppressive.

bad management

you are treated with no value person with phd and 15 years of experience will be put as instructor and person with distance education will be come chair or supervisor

Pros

salary and govt holidays

Cons

worse management and mistreatment of employees of value and nepotism

I Absolutely Hate This Company

HCT is a dead end both personally and professionally. You will not be teaching, you'll be babysitting spoiled, lazy and over-entitled Emiratis who treat you like a servant.

Pros

One day these people will be driving cabs and taking your order at McDonalds.

Cons

In the mean time we have to put up with their horrible driving, taking up three parking spaces at the mall, smoking around our children, and their overall sense of superiority (even though most of them are illiterate).

Fun Place

Learned a lot, interacted with many students, working there built me to learn many new thigns when it comes to customer service, I also learnt some skills regarding IT solutions.

Amazing Workplace

It is a pleasure to have worked for Higher Colleges of Technology, Dubai. The Management is always involved and looks well after the employees. It is also an amazing workplace where every employee will be helpful and will always help you in your tasks.

Good place to work with great facilities and staff but the salary does not equate to the rising prices of living and working in Dubai with a family at school

Started off a a high calibre college and a good place to work with great colleagues ended up as a challenging place to work and low employee morale

The Higher Colleges initially was a good place to work, however with management changes and general incompetency it became a frustrating and challenging place to work. I learnt a lot about the Arab culture and their work ethics. A typical day consisted of interacting with 30 students initially in the classroom and hangar, and then finding work placements for 200 students per year when my role changed.

Pros

Sunshine and general weather. Good salary. great work colleagues.

Cons

Poor management, lack of motivation students.

Oppressive environment with autocratic management.

Firstly remember where you are. You have to be very careful what you say and definitely never put anything in writing. There is an extreme culture of fear and a total lack of transparency in the college culture. Even if lower management and your line manager may be nice enough on a daily basis they will never make suggestions, voice faculty opinions in meetings or support staff in any way for fear of loosing their jobs. Staff are dismissed without warning and no reason ever given - there is no job security and no respect for faculty or admin staff. Secondly, if you are any kind of educational professional then you must remember to leave your standards behind. This can be difficult at first and will cause problems. The Emirati students may be friendly enough and easy going but he are not particularly hard working or studious. The expect full marks for everything and want to come and go as they please. if this does not happen they attempt bullying intimidation and will complain about you in an attempt to get you sacked. Remember they are the locals and have the power not you. It is a sharp leaning curve when you first arrive. Courses and the curriculum change all the time, sometimes mid-semester! Everything is always for a quick fix or for someone higher up to make some money out of the colleges. Never to do with teaching and learning and never with any consultation. Although like most places of work you will meet some great colleagues the working environment overall is toxic! My advice - stay well clear; there is more to life than money!

Pros

Reasonable salary and housing allowance.

Cons

Toxic environment. Callous, vindictive management. Hot and boring!

They are good

They are good and offer good health insurance for employees , I highly recommend them for any candidate looking for new role , but you always have to check with your manager for new rules related to you job

Great Place to work

Great place to work and specially with a wonderful colleagues with a great understanding boss. I always look forward to the next day to learn something new. After my boss decided to leave because he can't protect his own employees anymore, I got the feeling that I don't have any job security anymore....

Pros

understand boss

Cons

not much free time

HR conseilling

Regarding the communication Skill ,I did interview with the HR department in the Higher colleges of technology and there were very interested to collaboration in the field of emotion intelligence in team building there fore I was with the students to improve English Language and self-steam awareness..

Pros

free lunches

Cons

part time

Great work place

I have spent the best years of my career life there. Friendly, peaceful and very professional environment. Great methods used to grow the best generation.

it was good

it was good experience job was very good all the staff was help full and friendly management was good and all salary and benefits are awesome unfortunately they are reducing there staff

Pros

yes they pay for it if we were out station

Cons

normal 8 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher Colleges of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Higher Colleges of Technology