Higher Colleges of Technology logo
Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews in Abu Dhabi

Relaxed and happy place

Higher colleges of Technology is a big establishment. That means it can be hectic at times and each process might take longer sometimes. However, life in Abu Dhabi is quite expensive.

very poor management

at my first day of joining i didn't have desk to sit no proper good place No system to follow every head have stupid visionVP of shared services didn't understand the process of department blame for others mistakes very poor environment

Terrible senior management.

● Pay & benefitsThe actual cost of living far exceeds what you are given. Expect to use your salary to cover rent, fees, dependent education a d tickets home.

Give a chance for Sons of citizens to work at hct

I wish that hct give a chance for some students who would like and Desperate to work at college and they are Sons of citizens because I am one of the students.

Productive and Self Motivating

HCT is a good training institution where you can enhance your skills and potential. Develop yourself in the process and learn to communicate/coordinate and blend with the different level of people and working culture.

Worst place I have ever worked!

The most incompetent management, hence, the most TOXIC work environment I have ever been. DOG EAT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good place to get experience

Flexible working hours, nice work environment, cooperative team members, good management, working in WRP gave me a great opportunity to deal with a deferent type of students, older and more mature

Great place for improvement

It was a great place to work for. A lot of new technologies and initiatives and if you had worked during these periods you would have been able to fit in anywhere. Very international environment.

Pros

Flexible working hours, great team players

Disconnected management

Management have little awareness of the reality of day to day experiences for teaching faculty. The Organization is run “top down” and educational changes are imposed without explanation and more critically, without consultation and open discussion. This results in a generally alienated teaching faculty who just go with the flow. A large majority of the student body have misguided expectations of the effort required to achieve good academic grades.

Best place to gain diverse experience and meet challenges

Given the dynamic, multi-campus, multicultural, I was able to gain vast experience working with this institution. We could interact system-wide with people from different countries and all walks of life. The institution has campuses across the whole of the UAE giving the staff the opportunity to travel to the various campuses all over the country. Given the dynamic nature of the institution, I could gain experience in facing challenges and adapting to changes. I enjoyed my tenure at this institution. I can say it is one of the best places to work in the U.A.E.

Pros

Multicultural and dynamic

Cons

Not many

Jobs at Higher Colleges of Technology

in Abu Dhabi
See more jobs

HCT was a good place to work when i was there. The college management was understanding and the work culture and ethics followed were of high standard.

Productive Workplace

Higher Colleges of Technology was a very productive workplace with opportunities for professional development and career advancement. There was a great deal of networking involved

Good students who are keen to learn depending on the teacher's motivation. Students require a forceful teacher who make them work. Students can take advantage of any weaknesses in the system.

Pros

Good culture

Cons

Too much administrative work

Productive workplace

A good experience, which enabled me to develop my communication and team-building skills. It gave me the opportunity to interact with a wide range of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and facilitated personal growth and development.

good place

excellent working conditions chance to increase personal qualifications good holidays low level of students mostly not academically motivated students

A once great institution which has fallen into terminal decline

Recent structural changes have led to an atmosphere of management by fear. This was once the best place to work in the EFL world. The package was outstanding. Over the years this has gradually slipped and there appears to be little to attract someone who is serious about a career in education.

Pros

Cons

Micro-management

Nice place to work

Overall HCT was a good place to work. I spent seven years teaching at Abu Dhabi Men's College and my time spent there was both productive and fun. Given the chance I would definitely go back and work there.

Pros

very good salary and a lot of free time

Cons

Too many meetings

fun

nice facility, nice work habits, I really enjoyed it , friendly management , very structured system to work with, nice team and management, place for promotion

Pros

good facility

Cons

heavy work load

Nice workplace with helpful and collaborative colleagues. Small calss size with a nax of 25 students

Small class size Supportive immediate supervisor Rigidity in working hours not suitable for an academic position Enjoy teaching what I like most Student-teacher ratio is very good

Pros

Nice work environment with collaborative colleagues

Cons

No personal break, rigidity of maintaining 40 hours a week on campus

Largest University in the country

Worked in HCT from 2000 to 2015, during the period got opportunities for handling different kinds of projects. HCT is the largest university in UAE with campuses spread across in all Emirates. It was a very nice experience.

productive

Learned planing,organizing and managing date to day work gained more skills such as employee relations and Human Resources formalities ,Finance, customer services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher Colleges of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Higher Colleges of Technology