Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates132 reviews

As expat you know you could leave at any time. Very little job security, overworked academic staff and entitled students

Overworked academic staff and entitled students who hardly ever accept an assessment result. Hierarchical management, little participation, highly politicised work environment.

Pros

UAE has a good quality of life

Cons

Long hours, internal politics, unskilled local leadership, hire and fire mentality, unfair labor practices.

Poor Management

The management is very dramatic and dictatorIn its behaviour. No respect for employees.Pressure to give marks, no job security. Everyday no rules and restrictions

Challenging

It's so nice to be at HCT and I gained alot of experience and now I feel better to work there and I learned from the senior staff how to arrange my Mark's at the end of the semester

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Stable job, interesting work

It is very satisfying to assist young adult Emirati students develop career-ready skills.The facilities are well equipped and there are plentiful teaching resources.High level management has moved towards emphasizing raising the HCT’s academic ranking by seeking PhD level instructors regardless of teaching ability.The management style is autocratic and the country itself is an autocracy where dissent is not tolerated.Employment there can be financially rewarding although opportunities for advancement are limited.

Pros

Subsidized housing, health, annual air tickets

Cons

Emphasis on advanced degrees over effective teaching skills

Worst environment ever

Not recommended at all. The worst environment you can ever work. No proper management, no proper decision makers, no proper team players, no proper strategy and no proper salaries.

Good pay and holiday. Cutbacks have been happening in all departments for some time.

This is a great place to come and get international experience. It also pays very well with awesome holiday breaks. Change occurs at the top level every semester along with cut backs at the bottom level every semester. Do not expect to work here a long time but do come in thinking you will make some money, get some experience, and teach in a blended format.

Stressed and no collaboration

No one will give you any proper orientation and there is no backup, they do not look to athletes scholarship and not motivation. You can not find trust

This place is not a university

The management has no interest in being successful as a faculty member.they care about baby sitting the student only. They don’t care the type of eduction that the students get as long as we take attendance to keep the student s off the street

very poor management

at my first day of joining i didn't have desk to sit no proper good place No system to follow every head have stupid visionVP of shared services didn't understand the process of department blame for others mistakes very poor environment

Hct and the uae are the best place to work and live

In the beginning, it was a challenging job because of multiple campuses and remote work culture. However, with the best mode of technologies, soon it became very easy to take over all the assigned tasks and it was always rewarding when you get fair appreciation and bonus based on your performance.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Terrible senior management.

● Pay & benefitsThe actual cost of living far exceeds what you are given. Expect to use your salary to cover rent, fees, dependent education a d tickets home.

Good work environment & remuneration

The work environment is great and conducive to learning with lot of PD opportunities. Remuneration is on the higher side. Exposure to the latest technology & equipment

Pros

Good remuneration & learning environment

family oriented environment

Its 8:00 to 3:00 job daily for five days. Responsible for the maintaining the AV systems, provide support for different types of events (meetings, lectures, classes, etc.). Arrange lectures and presentations for staff on usage of digital classrooms and other related duties.

Relaxed and happy place

Higher colleges of Technology is a big establishment. That means it can be hectic at times and each process might take longer sometimes. However, life in Abu Dhabi is quite expensive.

خبرة جيدة عمل نضامي وخبرة ١٠ سنوات

مسويويةستسيتينينيوثوثميمميزثوقيوبنينقميزقوتييمكثكصثزققةة

Give a chance for Sons of citizens to work at hct

I wish that hct give a chance for some students who would like and Desperate to work at college and they are Sons of citizens because I am one of the students.

Productive and Self Motivating

HCT is a good training institution where you can enhance your skills and potential. Develop yourself in the process and learn to communicate/coordinate and blend with the different level of people and working culture.

No comments

High workload - too many deadlines, too many types of work to be done. Good work environment - good salary, great colleagues and easy going students. Frequent changes.

An institution in transition

I had the opportunity to work with the HCT for three years and generally enjoyed my time there. Students were very hardworking and respectful, and the colleagues were excellent and very supportive. Admin was pressed to implement many structural changes and there were a lot of top-down decisions made for the 17 campuses with little to no consultation with faculty or students.

Worst place I have ever worked!

The most incompetent management, hence, the most TOXIC work environment I have ever been. DOG EAT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent work cutlure

I learned how to be an better organized individual, who can multitask and delivery better lessons using technology. It has given me a chance to meet some really great students and to really cater my lesson to a specific level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher Colleges of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Higher Colleges of Technology