Higher Colleges of Technology logo
Higher Colleges of Technology

Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

family oriented environment

Its 8:00 to 3:00 job daily for five days. Responsible for the maintaining the AV systems, provide support for different types of events (meetings, lectures, classes, etc.). Arrange lectures and presentations for staff on usage of digital classrooms and other related duties.

very poor management

at my first day of joining i didn't have desk to sit no proper good place No system to follow every head have stupid visionVP of shared services didn't understand the process of department blame for others mistakes very poor environment

Hct and the uae are the best place to work and live

In the beginning, it was a challenging job because of multiple campuses and remote work culture. However, with the best mode of technologies, soon it became very easy to take over all the assigned tasks and it was always rewarding when you get fair appreciation and bonus based on your performance.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Terrible senior management.

โ— Pay & benefitsThe actual cost of living far exceeds what you are given. Expect to use your salary to cover rent, fees, dependent education a d tickets home.

Good work environment & remuneration

The work environment is great and conducive to learning with lot of PD opportunities. Remuneration is on the higher side. Exposure to the latest technology & equipment

Pros

Good remuneration & learning environment

Relaxed and happy place

Higher colleges of Technology is a big establishment. That means it can be hectic at times and each process might take longer sometimes. However, life in Abu Dhabi is quite expensive.

ุฎุจุฑุฉ ุฌูŠุฏุฉ ุนู…ู„ ู†ุถุงู…ูŠ ูˆุฎุจุฑุฉ ูกู  ุณู†ูˆุงุช

ู…ุณูˆูŠูˆูŠุฉุณุชุณูŠุชูŠู†ูŠู†ูŠูˆุซูˆุซู…ูŠู…ู…ูŠุฒุซูˆู‚ูŠูˆุจู†ูŠู†ู‚ู…ูŠุฒู‚ูˆุชูŠูŠู…ูƒุซูƒุตุซุฒู‚ู‚ุฉุฉ

Give a chance for Sons of citizens to work at hct

I wish that hct give a chance for some students who would like and Desperate to work at college and they are Sons of citizens because I am one of the students.

Productive and Self Motivating

HCT is a good training institution where you can enhance your skills and potential. Develop yourself in the process and learn to communicate/coordinate and blend with the different level of people and working culture.

No comments

High workload - too many deadlines, too many types of work to be done. Good work environment - good salary, great colleagues and easy going students. Frequent changes.

Jobs at Higher Colleges of Technology

See more jobs

An institution in transition

I had the opportunity to work with the HCT for three years and generally enjoyed my time there. Students were very hardworking and respectful, and the colleagues were excellent and very supportive. Admin was pressed to implement many structural changes and there were a lot of top-down decisions made for the 17 campuses with little to no consultation with faculty or students.

Worst place I have ever worked!

The most incompetent management, hence, the most TOXIC work environment I have ever been. DOG EAT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent work cutlure

I learned how to be an better organized individual, who can multitask and delivery better lessons using technology. It has given me a chance to meet some really great students and to really cater my lesson to a specific level.

Productive and fun

Overall, it has been a very positive learning and productive experience. The workplace culture is always changing. Sometimes, this is positive and other times it can be negative. Your immediate boss makes a huge difference. The part I enjoy the most about the job is the students.

An excellent organization to be part of, very matured and well qualified management.

Excellent organization, good environment, well managed, very competitive pay and perks. Good exposure of latest teaching technology and tools. An opportunity to work with multinationals without any racism. Best educational organization in Middle East.

good place to get experience

Flexible working hours, nice work environment, cooperative team members, good management, working in WRP gave me a great opportunity to deal with a deferent type of students, older and more mature

Great place for improvement

It was a great place to work for. A lot of new technologies and initiatives and if you had worked during these periods you would have been able to fit in anywhere. Very international environment.

Pros

Flexible working hours, great team players

HR is incompetent

Job description written around my 25 year experience resume could not have a better job to resume fit, but 6months it took to get an interview then interviewed with wrong job discription, so slow so much incompetent in HR glad I didn't get the Job and found a better position.. In some ways HR done me a favour.

Pros

It would have been interest position

Cons

HR clearly is a big issue

Disconnected management

Management have little awareness of the reality of day to day experiences for teaching faculty. The Organization is run โ€œtop downโ€ and educational changes are imposed without explanation and more critically, without consultation and open discussion. This results in a generally alienated teaching faculty who just go with the flow. A large majority of the student body have misguided expectations of the effort required to achieve good academic grades.

If u live in a western country avoid this college

I almost believe that any one gives this college more than 2 is pushed to do this by the college. If you live in a western country you should not even think of going to this college or kindergartin. If you live in a developing country then it is ok to go to make some money, but be careful u dont want to impact your health negatively. There is nothing good about this place. Management is zero, students are spoiled and knows very little. teaching is tough. they way u will be treated by management and students is horrible. If you dont believe it , just apply and they will take you because they need some people. No one stays there unless he has no place to go. when u go there and spend one month read my reveiw again. they want you to teach minimum of 20 hrs/week. are we in elementary school. finger prints when u come in and when u leave. Vice chancellor and deans are much below the average in performance with the vice chancellor considering professors as his worst enemies. Those who gave high rating for this school are paid to do this. No human will give a rating of more than one or two.

Best place to gain diverse experience and meet challenges

Given the dynamic, multi-campus, multicultural, I was able to gain vast experience working with this institution. We could interact system-wide with people from different countries and all walks of life. The institution has campuses across the whole of the UAE giving the staff the opportunity to travel to the various campuses all over the country. Given the dynamic nature of the institution, I could gain experience in facing challenges and adapting to changes. I enjoyed my tenure at this institution. I can say it is one of the best places to work in the U.A.E.

Pros

Multicultural and dynamic

Cons

Not many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher Colleges of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question