Health Care Services

Health Care Services Employee Reviews for Housekeeper/Laundry

Housekeeper/Laundry9 reviews

Love working with the residents

I love visiting the residents. I like the people there also. I like the hours. Need more hands on training with the new hires. Lots of cons to this job.

Pros

Hours

Cons

No room for advancement

Not enough supplies to do the job

Poor management. Under staffed. Not enough supplies to do a job. No set days off. No raises. No vacations. Brings employees in from other facilities that don’t know how to do the job. Laundry is in the basement and there’s no elevator. Laundry baskets are broke and company won’t buy new ones

Pros

Close to home

more Support form Upper Managers

Management is not support there Manager some District Manager feel it there way or the highway and do not give raises weather you have a small building or big building. I really like what i do but you are put in a building with problems are they expect you to resolve the problem without there support

Pros

flexabillty

Cons

not many raises, regardless if you have a small building or large building

Stressful and upsetting workplace

Some days were good and a lot of them were bad. I was the head of laundry. I would go in start my washers, organize all dirty clothes and then go check my drops. I have learned a lot working for this company and have paid a lot more attention to detail. It was a very fast paced but stressful place to work. Hardest part of working for them was no matter how many hours you put in or how hard you worked there was no appreciation from anyone back to our department. People there are nice and fun to work with.

Horrible company to work for !

My Manager was awesome to work for, I can't say so much for the district manager. Was promised a MIT position and the DM ended up hiring someone off the street with no experience at all. I was told they didn't want to loose me as a housekeeper. My co-workers for the company were amazing!

Productive and fun

I clean rooms four days a week and do laundry two days. Their is productive in the bulding as a team. Team work is very inportant.

Pros

not enogh time to get work done right

Cons

sort lunch workers

very organized by the book structured company

daily the most important thing is the safety of residents and employees as well as the cleanliness of the building. you would meet new people daily and learn their likes, dislikes and more about them personally. the management as well as co-workers are very friendly, helpful and caring people great customer service. the hardest part of the job would have to be some of the smell you have to encounter throughout the day. the best part of the job is when the residents are satisfied and their happy because of the job you've done.

Pros

works around schedule

Cons

long hours, traveling

Great Peolpe to Work With

Very Friendly People I was in housekeeping I learned all the basics my co-workers was great the hardest part was trying to remember all residents names most enjoyable part was begin there.

horrible work place

Health care services is one of the worst companies i have ever worked for! never had any cleaning products. what cleaning products we had were cheap and no good.. very poor management! worked for them for two years without a raise. not enough staff, not enough hours in a day to get your work done, to much work put on employes

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Health Care Services?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Health Care Services