Health Care Services

Health Care Services Employee Reviews

3rd Shift Lead

OverallCould be alot better, doctors nurses and team members needs to work together and not separate. Leadership needs to communicate with staff better, and everyone needs to respect everyone top to bottom and bottom to top.

okay place

Work days were sometimes easy but the staff is who really makes it hard. It's easy to deal twith upset residents but then you have a supervisor who comes and writes you up because there is only one staff on a wing of 35 residents and you couldnt get to the resident fast enough so its your fault they came in and the resident wasnt prepared for the day also you only been a CNA for a week and your already training another on coming CNA.

Pros

residents

Cons

staff

Excellent environment

I am able to multi task and problem solve, enjoy challenges and variety. Working with 2 customers, client and company is rewarding as well as keeping me on my toes!

Pros

set schedule according to work load

Cons

Health care, benefits

good place to work

average place to work,needs some work but full of opportunity and growth. I never want to speak negative about a company that I have worked for,so I will not. I had the opportunity to work with some great people. I hope going forward things will continue to grow.

Pros

I had a good manager

Cons

needs some work

fun company to work for

would definetly work there again really enjoyed working with the residents and staff.The hours were perfect working hours. would recommed this job to anyone

Stressful and upsetting workplace

Some days were good and a lot of them were bad. I was the head of laundry. I would go in start my washers, organize all dirty clothes and then go check my drops. I have learned a lot working for this company and have paid a lot more attention to detail. It was a very fast paced but stressful place to work. Hardest part of working for them was no matter how many hours you put in or how hard you worked there was no appreciation from anyone back to our department. People there are nice and fun to work with.

They Like to Keep You on Your Toes

Overall, it was not a bad company to work for. Schedules were steadfast and you always had something to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents at the nursing home I worked for, those guys were a real hoot.

never enough hours

It was okay, the pay was never great though. I never had hours, but the work was easy shifts were always short. The most enjoyable part was seeing the residents.

fun loving

worked here for 5 years love interacting with the elderly. fun loving environment co workers were a mix of workers some fun some grouchy but that's everywhere very different from the fast food environment not as fast. relaxing bosses can sometimes put pressure on you but that's what they're bosses for :)

A very busy body job!

You go from the time you punch in to the time you punch out! A typical day was assigning job duties and other assignments to the certain employees. While working for this company I learned how to use floor care machinery ( which was probably the hardest part of the entire job...I'm only 5 foot and it seemed as if some of the machines where bigger than me!). The upper management for this company was absolutely excellent!! They were always there when you had a question or if you needed a reminder on how something was suppose to be done.

Pros

Excellent Management! Room for advancement.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Health Care Services?

always a pleasure to assist with the resident

staff could have been better, if they had the proper equipment for them to use. the hardest part of the job was not actually working for the nursing home, but for an outside company.

Pros

always enjoy working with the residents

Cons

always better working for the actual nursing home rather than an outside company.

This is a small Home Health company that is passionate about their patients and their staff. The nurses, management and other are always available to assist any one with their concerns.

Pros

Team work

Cons

no room to grow

Not so fun work enviroment

This company expects so much out of the employees, more then enough. I worked 7 days a week all day and had no time for family life. I would have to travel an hour back and forth each day and they did not pay any of the gas mileage used. The management was not great at all, couldn't count on them to really help with anything.

Pros

okay pay

Cons

bad management, dramatic workplace

Productive and fun workplace.

Overall a really good place to work. Met a lot of different people. Constantly kept myself occupied doing various tasks.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

pay

Administrative Assistant

Typical work day will be reviewing and update calendars for Director of Nursing, Chief Administrator, responding to emails, and schedule meetings. I would update the employee files electronically via data entry, go thru the mail review an submit to Accounting Dept. Process Payroll for employees. Order Office Supplies, and assist with HR recruiting and training material.

Pros

Visiting different locations on a weekly basis

Cons

Limited ability for growth

okay work area

the manger was never there.. there was two people to each crew and we would go it the hotel rooms and clean, change sheets, blankets, towels, clean shower, bathroom, wipe down mirrors, dust

Pros

learned something new

Cons

boss was never to be found.. and didnt get paid for what i worked for

Great manager

My manager is great and she is always encouraging us workers. Its a fun and great place to work. People are great as long as you do your work.

Love it, fun job

Love working in the medical field. Co-workers are always helpful and management are great as well. Typical day always on the go, busy and help clients and patients with daily activities. Hardest part of the job, nothing at all. Enjoyable part helping people that appreciate it every bit.

Pros

Great Job to have

Cons

Na

Productive Day

I enjoyed this job. My co-workers were nice, and friendly. They were always there to help when needed. I did a lot of stuff at this job such as packing, picking and shipping packages.

Very unorganized & Poor Management Staff

I worked here for almost three months and they have some beutiful facilites but the Management team do not stand by one another.There is also a high call off rate in the kitchen and in the Nursing Home Facility because the Head RN speaks to her co workers in a very rude and belittleing way. It's like there is no consequinces for employee call offs so it's almost daily that Managers have to cover shifts in there absents. You can't just write them up for anything either so they basically do what they want here and come and go when they want as well. When problems arrise, I felt like I had nobody to turn to. I'm not a complainning type person, but when I did complain- situations always got justified some type of way.

Pros

Free food & good bennefits, and good pay

Cons

No stability, highemployee turn over rate, No structure, and No high level support

I enjoyed the staff/ my crew members and residents

Kitchen did not have an air conditioner. Director was totally dishonest. Hours cut totally short. No support at all from corp. office.

Pros

Interaction with residents/ Past Director was terminated

Cons

One of the worst jobs/bosses I have had/ Corp did not care!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Health Care Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?