Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates25 reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,504 reviews

Job security

There's no job security in Grant Thornton. They ll hire you initially by saying that the contract ll be extended and it will be made permanent. But it doesn't happen.

Pros

Professional work environment

Cons

No stability and job security

Excellent place to start a career in audit

Grant thornton UAE is an excellent place to get started with a career in audit. I started my journey with GT as an intern which made me to learn the basics in audit and accounting principles. The manager and the associates gave me all the possible opportunities to perform work and duties independently which initiated confidence. Now being an associate still it gives me the easy way to approach the senior management when a question mark comes in place at work. Further, GT has the best audit quality and profesionalism in place which will continue to shape as an auditor ahead.

Pros

Quick learning, support from the management, flexible working hours, high profile clients

Cons

Working there at Grant Thornton UAE is rich of professionalism and productivity, and the company culture is one of the best cultures in auditing companies in UAE.

Fast Paced Audit but with Limited Manpower

Number of manpower is not enough to cover the audit clients portfolio resulting to an extra luggage to be bear by the staffs which leads to overtime and eventually burnout. On a good note, the managers and co-associates are helpful and approachable.

Good overall, could become better

Every company has its ups and downs, my experience with them was short but not the best. I'd recommend treating the interns more fairly and making them feel like more than interns.

normal workplace

some friendly work colleagues. learned the basics of Audit and how to reconcile the accounts. routine work life. unfair performance rating. flexible working hours.

Amazing work culture

Grant Thornton transactions advisory team is amazing to work with. I had a great time working under the associate director. She was a great mentor and a very fun-loving person.

Gt

I have learnt how to share knowledge with many people coming from different backgrounds. I have been exposed to a variety of industries all across companies in The GCC

Great place to learn and enhance skills.

A great place to work as an intern as you are given responsibilities from day 1. Always supervised and guided through tasks in order to learn and give the required submissions.

Pros

Friendly and helpful staff

Satisfactory

Competitive and professional work environment with great professionals and experts having diversified portfolio of clients including finance, service and manufacturing industry.

Professional Environment

Grant Thornton UAE is very good audit firm. They provide services in Audit, Assurance and Tax consultancy. I learned financial modelling in this company.

Depressing work environment

Typical day is working till 4 AM to finish your audits. What I have learned is that not every company deserves to put more time in it than you are supposed to. Abusing the employees, threatening to fire them and replace them with cheaper options if not agreeing to work overtime and on weekends. ( Slavery) Overtime is unpaid. Workplace culture is competitive and unfriendly. Hardest part is unable to have a work life balance due to being threatened of being fired if your are not overworking. Dominance of males where if you complain on some actions you get targeted until you leave. Definitely will not recommend anyone to change jobs and move there. Top management has zero experience in Audit and people management and thus give unreal expectations.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

Long working hours - Abusive managment

Good place to get some speed

Challenging big4 environment. Different projects, steep learning curve, requiring flexibility and fast learning. On the other hand gratified by money (for local market), and establishing many contacts. Somehow prestigious. Rather weak management in general (several remarkable exceptions).

A good learning place for starters and excellent exposure for experienced professionals

It is a nice learning workplace and reasonably good work life balance for female workers. Good support for people perusing professional qualifications Good paymaster for starters.

Pros

Friendly Managers and young peer group

Cons

Do not have very big clients and financial service clients

Not bad

Great colleagues, nice manager, very tough work environment, slow to none growth prospects, average salaries, crazy politics, good for fresh grads to gain experience

Productive and social workplace

Some days consist of casting of financial statements in reporting any errors, as well as testing account balances and checking of trial balances in making sure all the information is true and faithful in representation. Some other days, I travel to clients with the senior associate and help out with any vouching tasks that I can help assist my colleague with when communicating with the accountant. I have learnt to use different audit systems called Voyager and IDEA 10, and have been assisted to this use from fellow colleagues and managers in which I have developed a good relationship with.

Supportive management, good work culture.

Supportive management, good work culture. The best part was I could work on clients in different industries and gain a lot of knowledge about various sectors.

A Professional and good place to work for

My daily life is the life of any auditor, you go to work, you question, you demand a 'sufficient appropriate evidence', and then finally you reach a conclusion! Of course there is more to that, but well, I don't think the audit life is something that interests most people! I can safely say that everything I know now career wise was gained in this firm .. except for... nothing, everything! I entered as a fresher with no experience at all and haven't even completed my degree yet. I am a chartered accountant now with five years of professional experience, I am also pursuing advanced education at the moment. The past 5 years were truly enriching, most of my education was done during my time in this firm and all my experience was gained here! The atmosphere is good, you work with professional and experienced people, but also very nice and helpful. I think the challenge I faced was delivering the level of professionalism and expertise that are expected of you as a professional accountant working in a reputable firm, and this represents a real challenge when you are just a fresher who is still studying and gaining the knowledge and expertise. The most thing I enjoyed, was overcoming the challenge I just described, passing my professional exams on first attempt while maintaining a strong performance at my job, both done simultaneously. It wasn't easy, but what a relieving and good feeling you get once you've done it!

Work/life balance is good

There is a direct involvement with the audit managers and partners. On the job training is also usually conducted which is great for learning and job progression.

Grant Thornton - Mix of Asian Culture

Great experience working with mix of Arabs and other Asian culture . Got along well with all and enjoyed great rapport with all .

Pros

Get together, sharing each other experiences and enjoying each others company

Cons

sometimes conversing in Arabic, which did not understand fully

Very freindly staff with multi nationals

An appropriate place for me to work as an auditor. Currently looking for job because I am working as an intern in Grant Thornton.

Pros

Coffee Machine, free stationary, friendly staff, Location

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Thornton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Grant Thornton Reviews by Location