Gms

Gms Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates8 reviews

Electrical and electronics maintenance

My day starts from tool box meeting at 6.00 together with engine department crew.Next step to concentrate in the job and make work permit and proper isolation tags before job.

Looking forward to find a job

I am general practitioner with 5 years experience with Dha licence ,looking forward to join immediately ,I have experience in orthopaedics department,emergency department and can mange all medical and surgical emergencies

Very productive

Working with GMS was a great experience with jackup vessels and AHTS, Oil and Gas, experience with complex, oil flat forms, wells and rigs, standards of safety at work in office and at oil fields. as a per to operation close observation of vessels, barge on mobilization and de-mobilization. building and maintenance of vessels.

Pros

free transport and food allowance

Difficult place to work

GMS is a very hard place to work into. The environment is extremely hot and noisy. The food is not very good. And the work-life balance is not effective. We work there 6 days per week, 12 hours per day.

Not a friendly environment at all.

Everything is good about this organization but just the problem is there is less chances of growth as your management doesn't let you come forward. and I am looking for something where I can grow and learn new things which will help me in my future.

Extremely work-intensive environment

Ship scrapping business with offices in Maryland and in Dubai. Very long working hours, which extended well over 10 and 12 hours per day. Great team of about 30 employees in the office consisting of mainly traders, a finance team (which was headed by myself) and legal representation. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with international businesses and banks in addition to learning about the work cultures in India and Bangladesh. The most hardest part of the job were the working hours and the stress associated with the position.

Cons

No health-care - Long working hours

Administration

I have learned how to answer phones and helping my co workers with excel sheets and also in filing papers in the right folder. I enjoyed most about my job is answering phones and research whatever my boss ask me to do. The hardest part of the job is giving the making the bills on excel and making sure it is right calculation

24/7 Work Environment

Small 15 man DMCC registered company active in buying decommissioned vessels and selling them to scrap yards in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and to China. The company, headquartered in Dubai is managed and controlled by the CEO and his spouse.They have a 5 man office in the Unites States and a 2 man office in China. The business itself is interesting.The working hours are extremely long, typically from 10:00 am to past 9:00 pm Monday through Friday, which is very unusual for Dubai. Lunches are taken at the office.The company does not offer any health benefits. Local holidays are not recognized. For select employees, housing (located right across from the company) is provided.

Pros

interesting industry

Cons

long hours (typically 13+ hour days); no benefits; centrally controlled

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Gms