General Dynamics Mission Systems

General Dynamics Mission Systems Employee Reviews for Senior System Engineer

Senior System Engineer12 reviews

Contracts often lost. Can be laid off during clearance process.

Contracts often lost. Can be laid off during clearance process. Therefore, not a stable source of employment. Difficult to advance. Good compensation, and benefits.

Good work enviroment

Excellent Company. Good work, life balance. Good benefits. Get you own cubicle. Management is generally reasonable. This review is too long for my tastes, but I'm continuing to write because the idiots at Indeed think this is really, really important.

General Dynamics was an excellent place to work.

I was gainfully employed as a Senior Systems Engineer on the General Dynamics "Alternate Infrared Satellite System" and on the SBIRS Block 6 Flight Demonstration System. I commuted weekly from Colorado Springs to El Segundo, CA to support General Dynamics' contract with Northrop Grumman at Space Park. I was collocated with the Northrop customer while working as a sub contractor to General Dynamics.

Pros

Excellent team environment.

Cons

None.

Average defense contractor

Company was average to all the other major defense contractors. No more, probably no less. Compensation for the area located was good. No retirement benefits other than 401k. Good health benefits.

Pros

Nice location, liked travel.

Cons

Did not aggressively go after contracts other like other contractors did.

Most favorable place to work

I absolutely enjoyed my tenure at GDAIS...my initial management team gave me the autonomy I needed to support the client. employee's were appropriately recognized for their efforts

Pros

Employee recognition

Cons

Management changeover

Managers insulated from the rest of society

This management team is highly isolated from the rest of the workforce and society, so they have no idea what it takes to manage a competent workforce.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

working for children

Good company, but very bad direct supervisor

This is a hard review to write, since I have an incredibly high opinion of the company. However, my time with the company was as a sub to another section of the company. I won't bash GD-MS, but they need to keep a much tighter rein on their remote PMs.

Pros

Good company with good benefits

Cons

Bad PM

Pretty Good

Good pay, good work-life balance. Typical large engineering company. Like any large engineering company you meet a variety of people with various personalities. On a whole the people who work there are decent and honest employees. Managers from what I've seen are usually decent. My own was phenomenal and really invested in me. The culture is definitely more employee oriented then some of the other large defense contractors.

Pros

Good Pay, flexible hours, good co-workers

Cons

"All in all you're just another brick in the wall"

Exceptional Mission and Focus

GDMS provides a unique experience for employees to make a difference in their community and the security of the nation. Great place to work but communication can sometimes be poor.

Pros

Salary, Job Security, Flexibility

Cons

Communication

Good co-workers; management does listen to employees; benefits changes responsive to employee needs

Co-workers are good people kind and considerate, with sense of humor. Often schedule driven without attention to reality

Good co-works

Maintain the geodatabases. Perform analysis for route selection.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

lots of travel

Military and Aerospace

Combination of support, development, maintenance, and security systems administration.

Pros

Excellent medical benefits

Cons

Highly political environment with federal government contract constraints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• General Dynamics Mission Systems
  • Senior System Engineer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?