General Dynamics Mission Systems

General Dynamics Mission Systems Employee Reviews for Program Manager

Program Manager13 reviews

lkjsdfl;asdjflkajd

Happy to go into detail in person or over the phone on a typical day, what I learned, management style, workplace culture, and the hardest part of my job at GDAIS.

Professional Encouraging Work Environment

For the most part, work is what you make it. GDMS does a good job of encouraging employees and bringing synergy to most programs. There is substantial self-paced and teleconference training opportunities.

Official response from General Dynamics Mission Systems

April 27, 2020
We appreciate your time to provide us with a review. We’re always looking for ways to improve our career environment and your feedback is extremely helpful. Thank you!

Great team

Best team of engineers I have ever worked with, real family. No career progression and very political at the senior levels, overly pushing females regardless of capabilities

Excellent organization to be a part of!

Great Team, Excellent Benefits, Sincere Group of professionals, Goal Oriented, Objective Driven, Team Engagement, Great Customer Needs Focus, Internal Mentoring Program

great employer

great place to work, commitment to people and the mission in which general dynamics participates. Recommend GD to anyone pursuing a career, not just a job

The place to work when living in Berkshire County MA

Flexible place to work that understands family needs. I have learned a lot about Government Contracting up through Program Management due to the ability to experience different departments along my 14 1/2 year career here at General Dynamics.

Pros

flexible, excellent pay

Cons

only decent shop in town

Great well established company

I worked for GD for 20 years in the IT management field. I advanced quickly and was promoted and compensated fairly all throughout my career there. I always enjoyed the people I worked with and my management over the course of my career there was excellent and provided great mentoring.

Click-ish Culture

Shrinking business base. Senior management is partial to their inner circle. It's the good old country club culture. They need some new blood to bring about positive changes.

Pros

Meaningful work

Cons

Poor management

Excellent Opportunity to support DoD Agencies.

Dynamic & challenging work environment with opportunity to support the vital mission of DoD Agencies. GDAIS is an excellent place to develop ones technical and management skills.

Pros

Excellent Benefits & Work Life Balance

Cons

Good compensation but brutal work pace.

Great compensation and benefits. Satisfying work. Great middle to first line managers. Very poor upper management. Human resources may as well be led by Catbert.

Pros

Good Salary and Benefits

Cons

Company does not care about employees.

Good place for engineers & great compensation

Had a great opportunity to be involved with new technologies.

Poorly managed with little vision or substance.

The management demonstrates only a vague understanding of what is required to gain new contracts and retain talent. There is no work life balance and no job security. This perspective was not always the case, but GD began to deteriorate rapidly the last few years. Their busines acumen has lost its edge.

Great company to be a part of

After working for GDAIS for over 20 years, I can honestly say that it was a wonderful company with growth opportunities for employees who wanted to achieve their full potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question