General Dynamics Mission Systems

General Dynamics Mission Systems Employee Reviews

overall good work

location in sterling was not so great traffic awful. work environment pleasant usual job drama. Management issues, lots of turnover because of management. HR no help

Pros

compensation and people

Cons

management

Productive workplace with advancement opportunity

This is a great place to work. Lots of time off as they believe in work life balance. Also lots of advancement opportunities within the company. Would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Lots of PTO at hire

Cons

Short lunch

September 7, 2021
Wow! Thank you for your feedback. We are entirely committed to making General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work and we appreciate your recognition of our continued efforts. Thanks for being a part of it!

very unorganized but great pay and coworkers

it's an okay ish job, if you like standing for more than 6 hours and working with tiny parts, a bit of a boring environment, only great thing is the pay and coworkers

Pros

good pay, alot of overtime, good coworkers

Cons

bad training, bad organization, bad teamwork, mandatory overtime

Great place to start off

As an intern, I was paid well and had great stepping stones to succeed. My manager went the extra mile to help me learn the business. Unfortunately, there is not much room for growth.

Pros

Good pay for an internship

Cons

Not much career advancement opportunities

September 7, 2021
We’re thrilled you had a great intern experience at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We’re always looking for ways to improve our intern program. The fact is, finding new ways to keep everyone engaged and motivated is just as important to us as it is to you. Your ideas are more than welcome. Please reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Good company, benefits, and great people to work with. I was able to grow within the company through multiple promotions. Management was not very supportive towards the end of my tenure.

Pros

Working with lots of technologies. Great benefits.

Cons

Lots of overtime, pay was low.

Overall very positive work environment

Excellent work with good benefits and work life balance. Compensation could be better for the area but team morale and onboarding is top notch. The teams really ensure you get involved early and feel a part of the team.

April 19, 2021
We are delighted to hear of your positive team experience. We’re very fortunate to have a wonderful team. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We wish you luck with your future endeavors and hope our paths cross again soon.

Run

Horrible bosses, coworkers are disrespectful and loud. They expect to much from new workers just learning their job. Miserable place to work. If you need a job it will work till you find something else. The pay is not that great for handling the type of materials they use and for what they do. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

The day I quit

April 19, 2021
Please reach out to us. We encourage all employees to speak out at any time and we are committed to listening and taking action. We are working to continuously improve our culture and our employee and management training. Please contact us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Not satisfied with the way they treat employees.

Some parts people are very good. But some management departments treat employees very badly, they always find something to attack, harass you, then make up a bad story talk with your manager that puts you under stress every day. I am not satisfied with working with them.

Pros

Benefits good

Cons

Not satisfied with the way they treat employees.

April 19, 2021
If we only had positive feedback from employees, nothing would change. So, thank you for telling us what you’ve experienced. We take it seriously because we want General Dynamics Mission Systems to be a career destination for the very best. Change is a good thing and the only way to make changes is to understand where you’re falling short of expectations. If you are open to talking more about your experiences, please contact us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Mission Matters

Projects at GDMS support the defense of our country and one can take great pride in the work they do here. The people, culture and work/life balance are all great. The 9/80 schedule where you get every other Friday off is an excellent benefit.

Pros

9/80 schedule

Cons

Health insurance premiums on the high side

February 16, 2021
Wow! Thank you for your feedback. We are entirely committed to making General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work as we help create the technologies, products and services that make a difference. Teamwork, sharing ideas, creating technologies that never existed before…that’s our culture. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Great work/life balance but opportunities are only possible if management has your back.

GD is potentially a great place to work, but the Bloomington MN location falls short. Management does not compensate the best and brightest people who really hold things together. If you're looking for a place to jump in and get recognized for your exceptionalism, this is not the place to be.Other than that you can take PTO whenever you want and the 9/80 schedule is nice.

Pros

- 9/80 schedule and work/life balance

Cons

Not compensated for going above and beyond

February 16, 2021
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're glad you are enjoying the 9/80 schedule as we often hear it's a favorite among team members. We are continuously working to improve our culture for a more positive employee experience. Your feedback will be used to help us train management, improve communication, and drive change throughout the company. If you are open to talking more about your experiences, please contact us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Good place to work just needs a few tweaks

Job was at time stressful but overall when the week was over I felt like a part of the team. Processes did seem to change a lot and you couldn't get used to them before a new one would come out.

February 16, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re very fortunate to have a wonderful team. And while we have processes in place, we know that there is always room for improvement. If you are open to talking more about your experiences, please contact us TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

Great place to work, very happy here

GDMS is a great place to work. I have been amazed at the high percentage of smart, proactive, friendly people who work at this company. The organization provides meaningful work and has an emphasis on people in terms of work/life balance, engagement, empowerment, and development. Speaking for myself I have been very happy working at GDMS and often recommend it to others.

Pros

Great culture, interesting work, 9/80 schedule includes every other Friday off.

February 1, 2021
Wow! Thank you for your feedback. We are entirely committed to making General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work, that’s why we hire the kind of people you mentioned. Teamwork, sharing ideas, creating technologies that never existed before…that’s our culture. Thanks for being a part of it!

Great company with job longevity

I feel a lot of pride where I work, and like nearly all the people I work with. Yes sometimes it gets stressful when you have sudden deadlines and have to meet them, but its not 100% of the time.

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, work/life balance

Cons

none really

February 1, 2021
Thank you for your review and your loyalty. We are dedicated to making General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work. Working together, we can make a great company even better.

Good people, growth opportunity lacking

Great people and management, decent pay, good benefits, flexible hours, appreciative.

Pros

People, pay

Cons

Opportunity

January 20, 2021
Great feedback. Believe it or not, we agree with you. When you’re a large organization working on the most advanced technologies, change can take time. We promise that we’re committed to improving – for the better. New people, new ideas… they’re welcome here. We hope you’ll share some of your ideas about how we can make our career experience a better experience for everyone. Email us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Alot of work but bad management

Management only cares about production but not about the employees. There's a lot of overtime. There's opportunity growth for the favorited employees

Pros

A lot of work

Cons

Bad management and is a manipulator, does not care about health issues and ignores doctors notes.

January 20, 2021
Your experience is not the experience we want anyone to have at General Dynamics Mission Systems. In the last 6 years, we underwent a merger that literally changed everything about our business. Rest assured; we are continuously working to improve our culture for a more positive employee experience. Your feedback will be used to help us train management, improve communication, and drive change throughout the company.

Good work life balance

Avg pay, good co workers, good benefits and good work life balance. Work is okay, can get dull and projects can turn into long periods of defect fixing. Management isnt great. Lot of non technical people managing or leading technical people isnt a great idea.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Work is boring and Management

January 20, 2021
Attracting and retaining top talent is our priority. After all our business is powered by thinking – original, creative and yes, even critical. We know that we have opportunities to improve and we’re working to make the changes that need to be made in order to make GDMS the best possible place to build a career. If you have specific feedback, please let us know by reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Operator

There are more good working people than bad ones. There is a problem with the way they set up the work place. It happens decade ago but unchanged. There are many things to learn. It is a good place for stepping stone.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

eat at your desk

November 17, 2020
Great feedback. We know the processes we have in place can be improved. People too. That’s why we’re evaluating how we do things and making changes to streamline processes. That’s also why we’re investing in our people. Training and hiring top talent is an ongoing commitment at General Dynamics Mission Systems. If you have specific ideas or feedback, we would love to hear from you. Email us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Think long and hard before joining this company

New software has many glitches. No reports - a lot of manual creation to get what you need. Management wanted us to hit the ground running. Be prepared to work a lot of hours. You better be quick and ultra efficient

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Management wants you to do more then is possible for one person.

August 5, 2020
Attracting and retaining top talent is our priority. After all our business is powered by thinking – original, creative and yes, even critical. We know that we have opportunities to improve and we’re working to make the changes that need to be made in order to make General Dynamics Mission Systems the best possible place to build a career. If you have specific feedback, please let us know by reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

fun place, at a fast pace.

the capstone project at nmsu was great, i had a great client, with great knowledge and advice. overall very helpful. the project was very fast paced with thorough documentation that made the project go smoothly.

June 2, 2020
We are happy to hear that the project exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed working with this client. We remain dedicated to hiring amazing thinkers like yourself so working together on projects like this, we can continue to make General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work. Thank you for your feedback!

Perfect Entry Level Job

Location I was at was very employee and family oriented, but cannot speak for all locations. Senior Management seemed more focused on bottom line, but local management had their employees best interests in mind. Mid level supervisors always seemed to be on a corporate climb, but there were instances of sincerity.

May 26, 2020
We appreciate your commitment to General Dynamics Mission Systems and the feedback you provided. We have ongoing efforts in place to enhance our culture and your ideas are welcomed and appreciated. If you have specific feedback to share, please contact us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

Coworkers are good at their jobs and will help you when necessary.

Be on time and do the best you can. 9/80 Schedule worked well for me. Manager easy to talk to. Lots to learn. Room to grow. Very contiencious company.

May 11, 2020
Thank you for your review. We are committed to making General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work and we appreciate your recognition of our continued efforts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• General Dynamics Mission Systems