Gems Education

Gems Education Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates45 reviews

Average Workplace

The company invests in materials and new educational applications to facilitate learning. The puplis are friendly but require a lot of patience to teach

Pros

Good teaching aids and apps

Cons

Poor teacher student ratio

Productive and fun workplace.

Gems Foundation has an inclusive work culture and space that provides training as and when needed, supports job and work balance, great salary, and a fun filled yet work oriented enviornment. Satisfying to be part of GEMS.

Average Workplace

An average workplace. Needs to improve on taking care of the staff, giving equal treatment to staff members, needs to improve on managing working hours

Safety and caring.

GEMS EDUCATION is one of the excellent global Institutions as well as a company. As an employee, I like the safety, protection and freedom they providing to their staffs. The strong and efficient management is an added advantage. We could feel in its each and every corner that the reflection of the colourful basic core values of this Institution. It couldn't be keep quiet that their best customer relationship.We will get the opportunity and support for our professional and personal growth if we have an open curious mind. There is no adjustments with hygiene and discipline. Over all it's a champion among others.

Productive and efficient setting in the School. Biweekly professional development days. Overall good experience

Great learning skills to be enhanced under experienced and highly qualified staff. There is no compromise on maintaining the quality of teaching. Regular training is provided to teachers with regular observations

Absolutely crazy management

Manager who thought it was ok to contact staff in the middle of the night about changes that needed to be made to professional development.Thinks yelling loudly at employees was a management technique.

Pros

Working in Schools was ok.

Cons

Management practices

It provides job security that most jobs here don't provide.

During the KHDA inspection, the workload becomes intense. That month is the most hectic month for all teachers in Dubai, respective of the institution they work for.The management is caring and provides the employee benefits.It provides a stable work environment.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Stressful sometimes

Officeboy

In Gems Education is big cooperative office I had enjoy lot with my co staff Because of this pandemaci number of staff will be decrease beacuse of the mamangemnt change in that office . So I had leave from there

Pros

Cons

8hr may be some time 9or10hrs

Nepotistic and Profit Driven

Ensure that your line manager is forward thinking. If working relationship is underpinned by trust and no micromanagement, wow...great work environment. Once you lose that, run! Employees and internal and external stakeholders are not valued, bottom line is! Memo sent to staff sometime last year stating that salary payments are rewards to staff. No joke!

Pros

Good work environment IF working for a good boss

Cons

Nepotistic. Reactive rather than proactive. Low salaries. Long work hours

Fun and career developmental

I have learnt a lot at this school, like classroom management, patience, gaining more trust from kids, passion for kids, trainings from special needs therapists. It's a great experience.

Pros

Free transportation

Good productice environment.

Professional atmosphere, standard operating procedures followed. Work system is very standardised & it gives individual an opportunity tj learn & absorb. It really makes your foundation. It is very difficult to work in other schools after working in GEMS EDUCATION.

Pros

Depends from school to school.

Cons

Stressfull most time to meet deadlines, work keeps coming one after the other. We should be given sufficient time to complete assignments.

Extremely bad place to work if you are not a Senior Manager

They generally recruit through job agencies. You have to work on weekends. Work from home means they can call you at 11:30 at night and ask you to complete a work. They will not care if you are ill or sick. They are paying so they expect you to work all 7 days a week.Worst management I have ever seen.The Manager will never know the scope of work and timelines required to actually complete a task. They will give you a unachievable timeline and actually expect it from you.Never ever join GEMS Education on a short or mid term contract basis.

Cons

No work-life balance, worst management, work from home means you work 7 days a week, 30 or 31 days a month.

The vision of the company helps us to steer our principles and help us to grow in our profession. I grew from being a teacher to a leadership role seamlessly

Overall it was ok.

Overall it was ok. There was proper balancing that includes Salary ,Management ,Job Security,Working in the company was not that stressful .Proper Updated are provided .

Relaxed workplace with enough holidays

The day starts with the review of systems status and coordinates with school IT staff and helps them if required. Workplace culture is very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to experiment with the innovative ideas you have.

Productive and a learning platform

working in Gems is an opportunity to learn new skills and strategies, Being an art teacher I have learned a lot during the PLD sessions at Gems. I get many opportunities to enroll my students for competitions and they won many prizes and make myself and school feel proud due to their art skills under my supervision. Working environment is supportive and collaborative .

Be very clear as to what you are going into

GEMS is very spectral in what it offers. At the high end, they are excellent and at the low end it is very clear what is on offer. In the middle, I experienced poor and uncertain leadership and a lack of passion for the children's progress in favour of procedures and a corporate environment that is focussed on economy of cost. Staff were generally poorly led and poorly deployed in terms of experienced.

Political

Political and lacking leadership in the corporate office. The school staff are very good but back up from many aspects of the Corporate Office is lacking.

Cheap place

Very frustrating place, they do care about the money the most. High turn over rate , the last few months 5 employees have resigned. Worst way of communication.

Busy and happy work place.

Worked as an English Language Teacher/Coordinator for Year 6 mainly dealing with boys section. Took an active part in all co-curricular activities even taught students music. Handled students of different cultures.

Pros

Lunch once a week

Cons

break time

productive & fun workplace

throughout the day I complete various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.

Pros

free coffee :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gems Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Gems Education
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?