Fluent Cannabis Care

Fluent Cannabis Care Employee Reviews

Growth opportunities, good people, somewhat poor management, poor pay

Definitely deserved to be paid more for the time, effort, and expected duties at this job. My general manager was great, did the best with what he had. Now under a new general manager. I left around the same time as my manager (who found a better opportunity).

Great place to work!

Its a great place to work, you get out what you put in. Opportunities are numerous, and the amount of knowledge is tremendous, all of the managers have many years of experience under their tool belt.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Cant think of any

Disorganized and poor management

Don't work here! Management sucks and have no sense of direction. Let's feelings get in the way of providing assistance and direction. Very unprofessional.

Employees, Incredible! Management, Horrendous.

The only reason I went as high as 3 stars, was my coworkers. The individuals that work at Fluent were quick to answer questions, give one-on-one training, and explain our tasks in depth (none of which I received through management or "formal training"). The team spirit is definitely present at the grow. If you don't care about paying bills, back pain, and just want to meet dope people and work in cannabis, this would be a great job. But if you have any self respect or or take pride in the work you do, Fluent is not the place. I'll remind you that this company is a start up and even after years of running in multiple states, they have no idea what they're doing. During my interview, the Facility Manager told us about the extremely high turnover. They can't keep staff and they're not doing much to encourage people to stay. The facility is grossly understaffed yet they continue to build a new facility right next door. Almost all of the new hires are coming from temp agencies so if you think you can stay long and get a promotion, you're wrong. Keep in mind you'll hardly get time off whether its PTO, sick time (which is combined so there's hardly any of either) or if you were approved by your manager to miss specific days (you'll still get penalized).On a serious note: if you get sick easily or are immunocompromised, please do not work here. Employees are constantly coming to work sick due to no PTO. I got sick from my coworkers on multiple occasions and there's not much help given if you run out of PTO, which happens very quickly.I was denied opportunities for raises because -

Pros

Great coworkers, relativly easy tasks

Cons

Dysfuctional Management, Poor Communication, Understaffed

Good people & Product

Expect long days of work if you’re full time. Stores are open 365 days a year! I loved the company but there are some issues with upper mgmt which is sad because they are a great company that has great products with great people selling them!

Pros

You get paid during lunch break, they offer healthcare

Cons

Upper mgmt doesn’t care about employees lives outside of work

fun place to work, a lot of information to learn

not a bad place to work, you meet cool people and the managers are cool. Long hours though and underpaid in my opinion for the amount of information you have to learn

Pros

paid hour long lunch

Cons

bad pay, long hours

Ok place to work

Been working there for a while now. Good days and bad. You can learn a lot and it pays ok. I'm currently trying to advance up the ladder but it's been a task.

corporate america at its best

Corporations who only care about profits have no business in providing medicine to people, investors who have no idea about growing are calling the shots at fluent, mold problems in grows and many pests go ignored because its all about the profits, if u need a resume builder i guess apply but dont expect to learn anything or get compensated fairly for your work, and dont even think about being treated like a person.

Pros

a job

Cons

pay

Workplace or Waste of time?

You know you should run when HR literally tells you this company is like a school playground when you go in for the interview. The pay is the worst out of all the cannabis industry companies in Florida, the culture is just as toxic, and you will hear everyone around you complain about this place. The company cuts corners in order to push out product and will fire you if you demand to be treated like a human. I personally saw 6 people leave the company in the short amount of time I worked here. Just run.

Pros

Working with MMJ

Cons

Too many to list

The obvious - working with cannabis.

The workplace culture is very lax. Mgmt spends a lot of time "in the back". One of the three managers works very hard. Most of the staff was young and very clique-ish. No regrets, though.

Great company, great people. Make sure your professional

Fluent as a company, they are great. The people in corporate know how to do their jobs and do it well. Now when it comes to the store it really depends who’s in charge whether it’s gonna be a good day or not. Now I worked with a great group of people, never really had any problems. The only thing I feel was “off” was I was passed up for a promotion. From their words I had a small attitude problem, but I never had any one complain about me (to my knowledge). That’s the only problem I’ve really ever had with them.

The company has no morale and management leaves the workload to curators. Good luck if you choose this company.

A typical workday is 10 hours of nonstop running around. helping customers find what they need. At fluent you are overworked and underpaid. you will also get scheduled every weekend.

Worst Pay. Even worst Corporate

They pay you terrible and Over work you.They know that it is super busy and low staffed but would rather over work their employees rather than hire more people because they are in debt

Don't Do It

This company DO NOT CARE ABOUT NOTHING BUT THEIR PRODUCT. They will treat you like a number and ready to replace you as soon as they see something they dont like about you. They're willing to let leadership disrespect you. They feel like outside of the job you really don't have a life. If you have a problem with something or someone don't think that you can go to HR and they will fix it nope they will give you the go around about your problem & never really find a real solution to fix the problem. They will make you feel like you just need to walk away from the job. The pay is extremely low for something that you're working with and you're doing. Don't think within a couple of months or years you'll get a raise they really don't appreciate their employees. They rather give you a tiny cupcake telling you that they appreciate your work. You see more people leave then stay the turn over rate is 90%. One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. A very unsafe & unhealthy work environment.

Pros

You get to work with marijuana.

Cons

One of the worst cannabis company right now.

Management is abysmal

Fluent does a good job with providing a great team environment within dispensary, has an amazing discount for product, always room to learn, and is very fast paced. But those are the only positive things I can say about this place. Management will ignore ideas - even with data provided. Seem to fix things that aren’t broken, making changes that directly change job descriptions, and financial situations without telling their employees.Will not provide proper training. For both positions held within this company, I had not received an OUNCE of training. Even when I had come to HR about this - there was discussion of changing this, but were ignored for months.The pay is significantly low wage with no promises of raise even after a year of being there. For the amount of work and dedication they expect, you will not receive even acknowledgment for it. Most underpaid dispensary around. Lastly, there is a hostile environment when questioning and asking for answers to upper management. If you have genuine questions about your job, there will be either no answer, or completely asinine responses. Felt totally taken advantage of. Beware of this company.

This place is a dump. If you want to learn how not to grow cannabis I would highly suggest you apply here.

The management is terrible. The people with actual growing knowledge are left behind because of favoritism in the work place. The Tampa facility is by far one of the worst growing environments within Florida's cannabis industry. I couldn't wait to get home and shower everyday due to the lack of cleanliness. If you're an entomologist you will love the diversity of insects in the flower room! Oh, and having 30 people share a 8'x10' locker room should be a health code violation.

Very poor

The place is disorganized, uncomfortable, and unstable. But that wasn't what made me quit. The supervisors and management are not qualified for that kind of responsibility. They don't know how to approach situations, problems, and employees. When an inconvenience occurs, management immediately starts to stress out, blaming others instead of taking responsibility, cursing, and making employees feel unworthy. It is NOT a healthy work environment. I'm genuinely surprised they are still operating due to the mess, lack of protocol, and the unethical management and supervisors they have working there.

I love Fluent and the culture being created. It is truly the best company I have ever worked for. I have been set up to succeed at every stop of the way.

There's always lots of work to do but the people are great and management is always looking for ways to improve.

The company has work to do but I do see it headed in the right direction. Like any new company in a new industry, I see management is learning and things are constantly changing as the company finds ways to improve. If you are ok with a CONSTANTLY changing environment then you will do well here. I do see a lot of coworkers that think the job is going to be easy because it's the marijuana industry and those people are usually not happy here and do not last long. I also see that former employees claim favoritism, but if you are doing well in your job of course you are going to have a better relationship with your supervisor than someone who is not doing their job. Overall, I am happy here. I have been here for 3 years and have grown with the company. If you take your job seriously, put your head down, and don't let the negative people get in your ear, you will have a good experience.

Prepare to be overworked, underpaid and unappreciated.

See the summary. Constant miscommunications, blame put on anyone but corporate who constantly put their dispensary staff at a disadvantage. Criminally underpaying staff, expecting more for less. Employee discounts constantly over-shadowed by patient sales. Change in hours without fair warning for schedule making, nor appropriate staffing. Same with sales role outs, stores aren’t staffed for surprise sales with less than a day’s notice. Removal of security. The list goes on…

Pros

4-10 work schedule

Cons

Everything else.

If you want to dedicate your entire life to something and don’t care how much you get paid, work here.

This isn’t a job for the faint of heart. You will never see your family. The higher ups will steal your ideas and claim them as their own. Don’t trust corporate. They’ll stab you in the front. They do not reimburse you!!

Pros

Growing medical cannabis

Cons

Everything that comes along with it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluent Cannabis Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fluent Cannabis Care