Flowserve

Flowserve Employee Reviews for Machinist

Machinist35 reviews

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,097 reviews

Good learning experience

Good people to work with. Management out of touch as far machining goes. Especially the difficult to machine exotic materials like hastelloy or inconel. Cross training on other machines and other areas like paint booth and powder coating is a good thing.

Pros

Bonus every quarter, betos on Saturdays

Cons

Managers that don't understand machining actually consumes time

Fast paced, with good local supervision.

The work is very fast paced. Personally I love the work, and there is some good people in the QRC in Porth Arthur. Management was really good on site, but upper management was pathetic. Guys can't get raises, they can't move up, you are stuck where you hired in at. But other than that, it's overall not a horrible place to work

Not a place to advance your skills

Most Managers only care about themselves. Once put by not a place, the only advancement is if you know someone. Years of service meaning nothing and loyalty is nil. Benefits are great but at times it seems not to be worth the headache. Some in charge of production have never operated a machine in their live’s.

Good culture

Best place to work as a machinist period. Worked at many other shops, wasn't a fan of swing shifts or working steady weekends, here you have a steady shift.

Stay away

This is one you dont want,upper management doesn't have a clue what is going on.they laid off some of us with 20 plus years experience, only to hire new people that has to be trained. They don't care about your opinions or even you as a person.The good old boys club is alive and well. The HR dept. Was absolutely useless anytime you had a question the a swer would be call 1 800 FLOWSERVE. Why even have an hr dept.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Short breaks, hr is a joke and upper management is clueless

Unorganized

No method to the madness. You are expected to put Flowserve 1st at all times. Good for a single individual that wants to work away their days or has no life.

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Garbage castings

Good place to work. Needs to focus on Culture & Training Curriculum.

OverallNeeds a more structured training program, and clear set of goals. A training curriculum would go a long way toward giving new and inexperienced trainees a clear path to success. However; I find this is a challenge most anywhere you work. The pay and benefits were good. Overall, the company needs a stronger emphasis on promoting a culture of acceptance, and providing a clear orientation to employee training and development programs. The basic structure is there, however; it is very under utilised.

Nice place

Great place to retire an support your family the learning possibilities are endless because it is such an innovative place. I plan on being there for the rest of my time.

A business to retire with

Excellent benefits, great people, lots of work , can easily move around within the company, one of my best careers I have had in my life. Would recommend this business to anyone

A World wide pump manufacturer.

This factory has had multiple owners and changes over 37 years. Flowserve's changes have both positive and negative affects depending on your monetary point of view.

Pros

Reasonable health care. and Makes the best pumps in the world. Maintains a great break room.

Cons

Not a great opportunity for long term employment and advancement.

Nice equipment,clean, decent pay

A good job with nice equipment that is micro managed to the point it ruins everything. Promotions are done by who you know and who's friend you are, not by experience or hard work. Leading to incompetent people in lead positions not knowing the capabilities of equipment and people, leading to the higher skilled people leaving. Management takes no criticism in any way without retaliating.

productive fast paced

If you enjoy working on something one minute and the next being ripped away from it to work extra hard/fast at something else, this is your place! Other than that you have job security and some decent co-workers.

Pros

some good co-workers

Cons

management

Was not a good płacę to work at all for me

I was the only monitory and the treated me very bad. I will never forget how the trainers had no Respect and lac of knowledge and patience. They make it sound good but could not keep their Word on alot of things including what shift or time ibwould be training

Official response from Flowserve

August 8, 2019
We appreciate your feedback. Flowserve’s goal is to provide a professional, friendly work environment and people-first culture for all of our employees. If you would like to share additional commentary or possible solutions, please contact us at SocialMediaResponse@flowserve.com.

good work environment, free dining in plant

I worked in this company and it was a good work environment ... then the company moved to another location, the salary was very good.The only factor that caused my resignation from the job was that they only valued those who came to talk with the supervisor and not the one who only worked in his position when this man arrived at the company.

Pros

all the benefits excellent

Cons

It was run by poorly trained staff

It was not the worst place to work

My day was going thru my pile of blueprints and making parts based on their due date. I learned various machines and processes. It did have a negative work culture but I'm a positive person so it didn't really bother me. The hardest part was just the very short dead lines which resulted in a lot of overtime. Which isn't the worst thing.

Good coworkers bad managers

Don't waste your time. HR is useless. They pay their employees peanuts. The company wants everything for nothing and they will lied to you so get everything in writing.

Pros

8 hour shift

Cons

managers and HR

the culture here needs a complete purging

find somewhere else to work, life is too short! If you like to polish rear ends this is the place for you. Skills mean nothing and the raises are meaningless. there was always some excuse to stop your bonus

Pros

it paid the bills

Cons

too many to list

good company

Very organized company, pay is not so great , good equipment nice people to work with i really enjoyed working there ,Good retirement and benefits , they match 401k with 6%

Productive and metrics-focused company

As a machinist at Flowserve, the emphasis is on OTD, quality, and safety. The work is consistent and flows well through the shop. I enjoyed my time at Flowserve.

Productive and good workforce.

Challenging role have to meet very stringent tolerances and at a very high standard to keep clients satisfied. Very educated workforce, that are keen to help and give advice if needed. Experienced employees throughout the facility.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

No lunch room

I like it!

Its a good place to work, although they have had lay-offs recently. this place has a future. The benefits aren't the best but better then some places I have worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flowserve. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Flowserve