Flowserve

Flowserve Employee Reviews for Assembler

Assembler33 reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,097 reviews

Best dead-end job you'll ever have

Friendly coworkers. Overall great people. Pay and benefits are top 5 in the area for hourly employees. Management are mostly clueless & no opportunity for advancement unless you suck up to the right people and those people are always changing.

Work

It was a great job till they closed. The pay was low but the job was good. Stayed busy and learned a lot. Nice people all the way around. Have not found it since.

Multiple issues

Multiple issues here during the typical day.Constant changes are occurring.The products are diverse and the work instructions are generic in their nature.

Terrible treatment of disabled employees

Human Resources is disrespectful and only cares about management and careers. The employees are treated by HR as second class citizen. The HR group needs to be replaced by people who care about human beings.

Management and HR make Kalamazoo flowserve a very toxic place and hurts moral of the good veteran workers in which they don’t compensate with good raises only the people that is close to management and doesn’t work hard. And if you try to look for a better job they write you up and use it against .. You can thank the manager They dont like you your on his hit list period. Some of the leads are great people. Head of hr hides stuff from corporate in Texas and is 2 faced and always on managements side never the employees.

Pros

Safe and clean environment

Cons

Managers, Hr, raises, good old boys club

Great co-workers, corporate sucks

I enjoyed my job and co-workers were great. Pay and benefits were acceptable until corporate started canceling bonuses and raises. During covid other companies stepped up with pay for essential employees. Not this place, they stole our bonuses and raises.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Lots of OT

Job has challenges but has room for improvements. Great place to work with right attitude.

Great place to work as long as you come to work knowing there will be challenges and coming with an open mind to help flowserve become better. There are many manufacturing challenges like there is at any job. Has many places for movement as long as you come with a good attitude and can adapt to challenges. There is a disconnect between corporate and regular workers. Needs to focus more on the people than the business

Pros

Benefits are not too bad, room to grow is motivated, lots of helpful people

Cons

Company as a whole needs better communication between corporate and everyday workers

Fun place

Good place to work for because of money but kiss ur family time good bye. Would recommend the job to other people if u have no where else to go but I wouldn't stay there

Laid back atmosphere

Good place. Would go back if I could. Covid hit and a lot of us were let go. Work hard and do your job. You can learn a lot there. I really liked working there.

Good but not great

Alright if u like to work crazy hours . Also there are way to many cooks In the kitchen, sometime you'll get an answer other times it s I don't know or that's not my job

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Flowserve?

I enjoyed working for FlowServe.

I would Appreciate another opportunity at this job, it was a good place to work people friendly. I learned a lot while there and it’s helped me better prepare for future jobs.

Snakes in the grass

Be careful this is the only place i have ever worked where you are rewarded for telling tails on each other and rewarded for not working or sleeping on the job if your polish it's ok

Meh.

It's an okay job. Made a lot of friends despite the drama. My supervisor is awesome. Accommodating with students. Poor pay. Horrible morale. High school drama. Back stabbing/making stuff up about you behind your back. Random mandatory overtime.

Pros

Unlimited sick days. PTO. Benefits.

Cons

Pay. Coworkers. Lack of organization.

Flowserve is a great stable company

I have spent close to 5 years with Flowserve and can proudly say it’s a great stable company that pays well and gives some the best benefits. Their is plenty of overtime if you wanted to work 80hrs a week you could do it here or if you want to do 40-50 you can also do that. Great company!

Benefits

Cons

Amount of hours worked.

Seal assy manager

JJ the boss is not a people person and people are leaving because of him they need an overhaul of management and they need to pay veterans more than they do now and not the people that kiss but..

Pros

Clean safe place

Very good pay

The job is stressful toward the end of the month. The pay is better than most places around. The benefits aren't too bad either. Management is decent.

Fast paced workplace- great employees

Overall great place to work. Benefits are amazing- only issue is that there is some communication issues between upper management and the floor workers. Lots of overtime

Great Place

Loved workings for this company great people to work with. Great training supervisors patient with staff team workers. I would them any one that gets the opportunity to work for thisi company to get it.

Pros

Bonus amd meals

Cons

plenty over times loved it

The cleanest places I've ever worked

I wanted to retire from this company in the beginning, but I don't feel the same anymore. I started working in the paintbooth and I later learned that I was the first female to ever work in that department. Being in that department was a little rough being a female but I handled my own with help from my co-workers. I was promoted to an assembler a year later. I build centrifugal and smp pumps. The workplace culture is great.

Pros

gave plenty of free breakfast and lunches, gave gifts too.

Cons

human resourses are terrible

Great friendly work environment but poor management

Workplace culture was very friendly and easy going. I strengthened my skills by cross-training in many departments. Depending on shift, the work load varied. Unfortunately managers played favorites and there were social clicks that if you weren't a part of, had negative effects on job responsibilities and leniency. Good benefits and compensation.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Favoritism and poor management

Compnay was great to work for.

Compnay was great to work for up until they stated closing the doors of our facility come 31 August 2017. Worker attitudes changed and the rest is history.

Pros

Plenty of overtime

Cons

Trusting management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flowserve. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Flowserve