Flowserve

Flowserve Employee Reviews in Baton Rouge, LA

Baton Rouge, LA8 reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,102 reviews
pumpvalvemanufacturingmachinistengineernuclearmachinesafety

Decent to above average place to work

Pretty good place to work. Pay and benefits are above average. Work is decent and gives you good work/life balance. Layoffs do happen but are rare for the position. You success will be dependent on your manager and customers you work with.

Loved working at flowserve. If I could go back, I definitely would. Busy days but the time always passed by fast. The benefits were good, I can’t complain.

all good people. It’s a team atmosphere and everyone was willing to help where ever help may have been needed.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Flowserve is hit and miss. That’s just part of working in the service industry. When hot jobs or turnarounds come in you put in long hours as needed to meet the customers needs.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Flowserve we’re average with the industryJob security and advancementIn terms of job security and advancement, Flowserve was awesome. I can’t think of any time when anyone was let go do to work being slow. You can become what ever you want to be with Flowserve. I started off as a welder, then became there Quality control Mgr. And after a few years became their Purchasing Mgr. So yes, you can grow and advance with this companyManagementIn general, managers at Flowserve are good people. They know the product, they treat you as an equal and will listen to what you have to say.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Flowserve is the culture here. Your opinion and suggestions are most always welcome.OverallMy experience working at Flowserve was the best time so far in my 33 years in the work force.

Great group of people to work with. If I were to move back to that area I would consider working there again. Great atmosphere overall great place to work. Plenty of room for advancement.

Fast paced, high demand

It's fast paced high demand. Keep busy, always learning. Nothing is ever the same. Keeps it interesting. Great team of employees. Work independently Great vacation time Great retirement plan

Pros

Health care, work/life balance, quarterly appreciation luncheons

Cons

Every job has something/someone.

Official response from Flowserve

August 8, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At Flowserve, we strive for a people-first culture and value a healthy life/work balance. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience.

Okay work place

Okay work place but it all depends on your job title and responsibilities. Not much room to grow/advance here. Once you're in a position plan on staying there.

Good place to gain knowledge. Sort of.

The 4 years I have worked at flowserve I have learned quite a few things. One being that you cannot trust the management, they will throw you under the bus,and/ or cut throats in a second to save their butt when a bad decision is made. If you wish to work here, carry a voice recorder. Second. Have low expectations on pay increases and bonuses. Though your shop may make 6 million over the projected numbers. You still may only get a fraction of a percent of your bonus. Maybe 7 cents of a raise.thats if you get one at all. Third. If you are a family person. Don't work here, you will spend less and less time with your family the longer you work here. The management does not care if you have a family at home, as long as they get to spend their weekends and holidays at home. That's all that matters. Fourth. The company is big on ethics, safety and quality. Yet I have not seen an ethical decision made yet. Cutting corners is the norm. And doing a job that makes you feel unsafe is not uncommon.

Pros

Fellow workers. Able to learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Cons

Management, petty raises, no recognition

Productive workplace with opportunities for advancement

Flowserve is a great company to be employed by the advancement opportunities are endless and they like to hire from within. The environment was really great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flowserve. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Flowserve