First National Bank

First National Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,181 reviews

Workplace Culture

Great workplace very fast-pace environment. The benefits and salary are great. The management has great support for they stuff. The hardest part is working with 8 program while speaking to a client

Pros

Salary and benefit

Cons

Long hours and less lunch

Productive ,time frame is very important

First National bank time frame is very important at the same accuracy is the key to the business as they main forces for the company is currency. And make sure their clients Security comes first on their bank account.

Pros

Free Christmas gift

Cons

Overtime

Not bad

Great company to work for. Training could be a little better. Work/life balance could be better. I didn’t like that we were expected to wear multiple hats all the time. Too many hands in one pot

Good environment to work in however the remuneration is far below the competitors. Appointments are made cost to company which is not beneficial to the employer. Bankmed medical is mandatory to take out which I feel is very expensive with low befenits.

Great Company But Toxic team leaders

Great Company with good pay and good benefits, the empower employee, Only team leaders are toxic and feel they own. The bank and they get people dismissed over useless things that are exgeratted

Busy atmosphere without a lot of knowledge

The management staff is good for the most part but the select few that aren’t bring the whole place down. The HR department is a joke now. It’s only one woman, she is picky and biased if she doesn’t like you. There is no internal support and she gives off the vibe of “don’t bother me with your problems”. It’s just over all not a good place to work if you have a family or life outside of 9 to 5. Also, you better hope that you don’t get sick! The corporate office has the highest turnover rate for hourly and salary workers both. The new tellers coming in all get trained in different branches by different people, so some people get trained well and others don’t. No accountability for tasks not getting done correctly, but you’ll get written up for other minor things. The whole disciplinary structure seems upside down here. No incentives for good workers that have a ton on their work plate but the people that barely skim by don’t even get warnings.

Pros

Decent benefits, hour lunch break

Cons

Pay rate, management, scheduling

Teamwork

Great place to start your career in Financial Industry. Sales Culture driven. Assisting customer to become BANK SAVVY, by introducing them to electronic banking channels.

Has potential

Need software improvement, very backwards. Need to advance the way transactions are done. Overall a good place if they advanced the software and other things.

Great place

Great place and great benefits and people they offer so many things to help with help, unexpected situations, time off, pregnancy, death, childcare, and so many others.

Great Company to work for

I loved working for this company. They believe in investing in their employees and they have excellent hours , compensation and benefits and a healthy work environment.I love this company .

Pros

Excellent benefits, healthy work environment

Cons

No locations in Florida

Full fun, game, entertainment. It was good working for fnb as everything was done in a professional manner and fairness.

Always good to be part of fnb family. Friendly people, treated fairly, we were like one family and it was like my second home. Managers were good and we were like big team doing everything together.

Pros

Only when on training

Cons

Normal

If you want to learn the ins and outs of banking with little to no education, than this is the job for you.

I learned how to count money accurately. I learned how to secure a building, and ATM.Sale, Sale, Sale, will be your mantra. Getting to know the customers was the best part.

Pros

I made good friends, I learned more about banking and financing, I became a better salesman

Cons

It is the customers word against ours, The management only cares about number of sales at the end of the day, the more money you had as a customer the meaner you could be to employees.

Not a nice place to work

Working for First National Bank was very stressful and poor management too. No support received. Working in a very bad work environmental place and no growth at all.

Bottom of the totem pole

You are treated to the degree of your job title.Lots of talking goes on about other employees behind their back’s which will make you feel like you’re in middle school again. Management doesn’t have the time to train you. So you just jump right in, prepare for the worst but pray for the best. Pay was on the very low end of other positions i have held even with twice as much work load. I could pick 3 or 4 coWorkers out of 40 who were friendly and honestly cared.

a workplace

Its a workplace, its fast paced. you get paid according to how much you work PBS system is used for remuneration. co workers are very helpful and friendly they are always willing to help

Very good

I would like to work again at FNB it's a good Company I did enjoyed to work on that Company again is good for every thing but only the can pay me better than last time thank you

Fun workplace

Management was good, we were one big happy family even though we had our ups and downs. I really enjoyed my time there and the customers were very nice most of them

Good enough

Not a corporate banks, very flexible when it comes to scheduling. Lending is the priority and pay for employees can definitely be a lot higher no matter the position.

It was a beautiful experience working for FNB, it's a pity I had to leave them and explore other fields. It has taught me how to handle money and be more cautious. .

It's always fun to work with FNB because there is programmes and competitions to upskill and empower their employees

I find first national very interesting because they practice Ubuntu & cultural values....I do still recommend it as my first bank and I always advice people to bank with first national because services feed are as indicated and the bank always keeps its promise to it's valuable customer...it's a one and done bank

Bias

Old outdated management structure and leadership behavior, bias and non inclusive environment at times,could be better. But great job offerings, glass ceiling problem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• First National Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?