First Horizon Bank

First Horizon Bank Employee Reviews

What is the best part of working at First Horizon Bank?The people i worked with from IBERIABANK What is the most stressful part about working at First Horizon Bank?Working through the merger with first horizon employees.

Awesome

Absolutely loved it. It was a great place fl work and I loved my job. Loved who I worked with Too. Hours and pay were decent. It was a good job and I liked it a lot.

Great place to start your career

Great company to work for! There are so many benefits and everyone is so kind and helpful especially if this is your first banking job. I love the environment.

Disorganized Management & Lack of Training

The managers micromanage their departments. I only worked there for four months and I have never experienced such a disorganized mess. I have been a banker over 25 years and I witnessed six individuals resign from their job positions in one week. There is no training whatsoever in the job I was hired to do. I had to depend on my former training and experience from the previous bank I worked for in that specific department. I will not mention the department. I would not recommend this bank because of the lack of concern for their new employees and also the care to keep their Iberia legacy employees.

Pros

Good Co-workers, & Benefits

Cons

Bad Management

Not the culture they PROMISE

This institution is not what they promise. They say that they value work life balance and then ask you to take your laptop on vacation with you. The leadership is also never clear in expectations and has gone back on their word multiple times. From what I hear this is isolated to outside of the TN markets but very common in each area. I would avoid the headache if you can!

Not a good workplace. Can't recommend.

Customers are great. Wouldn't recommend working there. No breaks, extremely high volume. Hostile environment. No HR to support employees. If you have a concern or problem there's no one to go to. Very focused on how many transactions are done for even higher numbers in extremely busy branch.

Great People Great Company

Enjoy working here, wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Awesome people, very friendly workplace environment. Management is kind and willing to work with you.

Good

Overall really good place to work if you are self motivated. Training good, supplies readily available for customer service. Advancement available bonuses available.

The support from other coworkers is amazing

It’s a typical call center job. My coworkers are a great group of people. I really feel supported by everyone I work with. The environment can be stressful at times but that feeling of accomplishment is worth it.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

One power hungry manager

No summary

Lacking communication, poor benefits in comparison with other banks. Old systems,salary is poor and management have no idea what are they doing, managers don't like to deal with customers

Pros

No pros

Cons

Poor benefits in comparison with other banks, old systems all the time is something wrong with the systems

Co-workers we’re great

I loved the people I worked with! But the management does not care about their employees. It’s a pretty toxic work environment, management obviously plays favorites and not everyone is treated equally. They have lost a lot of good, long-time employees over the past couple of years simply due to them not caring about their people, unfair treatment and pay, and lack of empathy. I worked there for 10+ years. Leaving this company was one of my best moves and a huge sigh of relief 😌

Disorganized, unmanageable, not a good place to work

I worked for the company almost two years and during their merger the entire culture first Horizon stood for collapsed to continue the company expectations regardless of anything else. I think the TD buy out is a last resort effort to improve their share value for shareholders, as so many things were falling apart with the Iberia Merger. I’m sad to see a once amazing company turnout poorly.

Disliked working for them

The managers are quick to throw you in a position with out proper training. Misleading when interviewing about all of the expectations in certain positions. If you want to be screamed and yelled at by spoiled clients this is the job for you.

Pros

Pay is good for what we have to deal with on a daily

Cons

30 min lunches in high volume locations and work environments

Not a bad company to work for, not the best either

My management has been incredible, no complaints. I do think I deserve higher pay, especially after they recently raised the pay of new highers, yet us existing employees did not have a promotional increase. The company gives you opportunity to learn, which is great. That being said, the company has been bought after a large merger. There is no clarity in the jobs of departments, so often I find myself being passed around person to person trying to resolve what used to be a simple issue. But no job is perfect

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Communication across departments is difficult, too many emails, too many mngmt changes

Nice

Your coworkers are typically really nice and very helpful. cons: Short breaks. I feel like Im being watched and micromanaged with everything I do. Its not a good feeling when you don't feel trusted by your own company and makes you not want to be there anymore. I feel like my integrity is being questioned at all times through the ways Im being watched through a camera.

Fine place to work, wouldn’t really recommend to anyone unless they are actually interested in banking as a career. Even then I’d probably recommend other banks

Good Bank to work at

The branch life is always different everyday. You learn a lot and you build lasting relationships with coworkers and customers. Pay and benefits are good.

Productive place to work

Very productive and sales driven bank. Other departments never have an answer, but transfer you to one another rather than direct assistance. Support from management is good.

Welp

I love working here, every one is friendly. Honestly not hard at all. I find each call I take each person kinds sounds similar but always a different story to tell. I enjoy handling buissnesd and n peoples 5 min stories. The tea be on point.

Draining, No Advancement

Not a bad place to work if you don't mind sitting at a desk all day and being micromanaged. Overall a very boring job that I could never view as a career.

Pros

Banking Hours

Cons

Short Breaks, No flexibility, Low PTO

Very rewarding job! Lots of opportunity.

I moved up quick. The market that I work in is a big family! Literally the best job I’ve had. I’m very optimistic about the upcoming merger, I know their will be more and more opportunities for my career at First Horizon- TD Bank!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Horizon Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• First Horizon Bank