First Citizens Bank

First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Just a Job, Nothing more.

Its basically your typical bank environment. Old fashioned and tight laced. Lots of old guard in charge gatekeeping because banks don't like change.

Stressful Work Environment

It was a stressful work environment. My manager was constantly making mistakes and telling me the wrong procedures. If I did what he said and it was wrong, I would get written up and possibly fired. I was constantly stressed out that I was going to make a mistake and lose my job. I also felt more like a number than an actual person. I was happy to find another opportunity.

Great Managers, supportive co workers

Great people who help you grow with the mindset to be better as a team. Task have a clear purpose with goals that are obtainable. Growth Potential is evident and job security is high

Was a good place to work

I've been working here for years. It was fun and exciting. It was a community bank, a real family feeling. Then FCBSC merged with FCBNC and it quickly turned into a fee based bank. Instead of referring because you had a good product, it was sell, sell, sell; meet goal, meet goal. For as much as we were required to sell, their was no incentive, just a good ole, "good job" see if you can get 2 more🙄!You also needed to be a part of the "clique" for promotions; unless you were needed in that position, then the qualifications didn't apply. First Citizens Bank slowly and surely became a draining mental black hole! Employees who like myself had been here for 10+ years started leaving. The turnover rate is sooo high, customers are always complaining about "oh we got more new people". FCB is toxic and bad for your mental health. If you apply and get hired, I promise you won't be there for long.

No Room for Advancement

Avoid the mortgage servicing department. A typical day here consists of being micromanaged with bare minimum training. Management is toxic & the favoritism is very evident. HR does nothing to address concerns and employees are not valued. Their is no opportunity for advancement. If you value your peace look elsewhere.

They don't care

They don't care about your personal life or if you're sick. You'll get booted out no matter how good you are. The lunches are short and there is favoritism.

Decent Job with Great Benefits

I worked here several years ago. The management was pleasant and the co-workers were great. We stayed short staffed the majority of the time, however, everyone worked together pretty well.

Pros

Nice co-workers and benefits.

Cons

Not really anything to note.

It's an ok place to work.

There is too much focus on referrals and sales goals. There's really no one to go to when you have an issue. The work itself is repetitive. Feels like you're not really learning anything.

Pros

Vacation time

Cons

Turn over

I loved my job, just not my immediate manager

My upper management was very bullish and wanted to see more production out of me but wouldn't commit the time to help me as I actually needed. He would insult me and made it come across as a joke. I ended up taking my complaints to HR before I quit and nothing was done about it. Senior management didn't seem to care.

I have great co-workers

The CIT legacy employees are treated poorly and are subjected to us vs. them treatment, and I don't see this changing anytime in the near future. The management is rigid, and not open to new ideas.

Good benefits

I like this job a lot. The pay is good and the benefits are good as well. The people I work with are great. The only downside is getting time off is hard. But sometimes you they can make something work for you. Also sales goals are very important here, if you aren’t good with sales I wouldn’t recommend this job for you.

Fast pace but the company is unorganized

Very unorganized company. It’s better to just be a float and hop to different branches. A lot of my managers at the time quit and they try to push you to that position. They promoted me to be branch lead but I had no manager with me to transition to that role, then they hired a new hire and basically had a new hire train a new hire.

Pros

Hour lunches

Cons

Bad training.

Unless you are director level they don't notice you

Worst management ever. High turnover and no way to succeed. You will constantly have to prove your worth with maximum documentation. You will be blamed for messes other employees leave behind when they quit.

Pros

Cafeteria on site

Cons

No one has your back

Cons outweighs the pros

It really depends on which branch you are at. I’ve been fortunate to be working at a very lax branch, but we were so busy and did so much as just tellers that the pay doesn’t seem enough. It’s way more than just taking transactions. We also do what bankers do, we just don’t get the luxury of an office/desk, or making appointments, then take all transactions on top of that. AND doing transactions for banker’s client on top of that. Even the bankers say our job is harder than theirs. Yet, they get paid WAY more. If you don’t mind your work basically being your whole life, than this job is okay for you. They let people at the same level as you boss you around because it takes their workload off. I also overheard one of the higher ups shame mask wearers and those who got the vaccine. Like, are you kidding me? They’re a bunch of entitled bigots who don’t care for your safety. I’m glad I don’t work there anymore.

Pros

Good paid vacation time

Cons

Poor management and favoritism

Slow behind the times company

Most systems at first citizens are old and antiquated. Their computers are slow older machines. Their internet will often slow to a crawl because of its age and the demands from the system. Many times all the computers in a branch will go down because a loan package was being input and used all the bandwidth. The upper management doesn’t care about the front facing people. They only care about expansions, mergers or acquisitions. Salaries are flat and you might get 1-2% raise each year. During covid as the rest of the industry gave bonus time off, pay bumps and other incentives they did nothing. Remained open to customers during the worst times. Causing sickness to run through the branches.

Pros

The employees

Cons

Low salary, high sales demands no matter the market, upper management that doesn’t care about he workers

No sense of purpose. Management is lacking authority.

Management doesn't work, they say they care but they are off all the time. They are the type that says that we are one team but create division among employees.

Pros

Very slow, so you can take a nap.

Cons

Low staffing levels, sometimes difficult to go to lunch, because there aren't enough employees. Management has no authority, just talking heads.

Depends on the dept

Ask a lot of questions during interview. Don’t be low balled when it comes to pay. Don’t be afraid to speak up. Be careful which dept you choose to work with.

Benefits

Cons

Prefer not say

Appreciate the employees a bit more

They should attempt to do better by their employees. They should offer bonuses and tuition reimbursement. If they appreciated their employees a little bit more they would be able to retain more people.

I was with them for less than a year but I enjoyed my job while being there. I got a lot of experience and was able to do my job and give good customer service.

Pros

Grow with the company

Integrity

Great place to learn the banking industry. Started as a teller fresh out of college and moved up to customer service real restate earnings within a year. I was trained in lending and was able to meet and exceed all of my goals however pay was very conservative.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Pay

Not a great place to work

FC lacks management. It is a stressful, unorganized place with no room for advancement. People are unprofessional and you will be under constant scrutiny.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• First Citizens Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?