Fifth Third Bank

Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,584 reviews

Sell Sell Sell

If you go into this job expecting to be a typical bank teller, think again. Sales are all this company cares about. Actual customer need is secondary, and with that, your actual service to the customer is secondary. If you do not hit sales goals, management will be on you every day until you move some product! Went into this job after working at other banks, and this job convinced me to leave the industry as a whole. Felt slimy.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Not my cup of tea

Difficult to move around and be successful

I think this is more for their new locations they have been opening up. There is a very high sales goal they set for all new locations and they force employees to meet those sales goals. All employees must make cold calls even at the expense of current customers. It creates a poor employee experience because even if you have met with many clients during the day you are still expected to make cold calls even if that means staying late and working while clocked out. The training is very bad, if you do not have any prior banking experience it will be very difficult to do your job properly. Banks are highly regulated and 53rd bank doesn't go over regulations in detail. The expectation is for you to search for policies on your own time which is difficult if you don't know what you are looking for.

Pros

Time off

Cons

poor training, lack of corporate structure

Awesome!

Fifth third bank was a joy to work at. I would recommend this job to any and all people! They are very professional, but also make your time at work fun!

Not recommend

The work environment is not good place to be. The Banker has a high target to achieve but little support. Need improvement for better leadership and teamwork.

Great Entry Level Position

Great entry level company to work for. From there, is definitely who you know and not what you know or even how hard you work. A kot of people in management do and know very little about their jobs, whole the people under them work much harder, make less and get rewarded with jeans days and pizza parties.

Pros

401k match is nice

Cons

Healthcare plans are pricey and leaves a lot to be desired, You basically have to leave and come back or threatened to leave to get a significant pay increase.

Could be pretty good but...

So, I am a lead CSR. Which means I'm chief teller, I guess. The problem is there is only one other teller, and he is barely part-time. So a good chunk of time I am standing there all by myself while a long line forms behind whoever I am trying to help. The company seems to be pretty top heavy. There are 3 different upper management types and, again, one teller. I worked in high-volume customer service all my days and was hoping for something where I can sit down and take a load off but no. There isn't enough staff. Recently corporate announced they were no longer going to rate branches based on customer experience. This tells me they don't want to hear from the customer anymore because they know their experience will always suck because there aren't enough people! The software we use constantly has to be restarted, oftentimes right at the end of a transaction which ends up voiding it so it has to be done again. Forget tech support they're practically nonexistent. The hours are pretty bad too. It's nice we get all the holidays but you gotta be there from pretty much 830 am to almost 6pm every day. And we're open half the day on Saturday. That being said, my manager is a nice guy and he seems to care about his people. Most of the people I've met thus far have been pretty decent. If you're gonna work here I recommend doing so on a part-time basis.

Management is underwhelming

Fifth third had great benefits and advancement opportunities, however, the management is scarce. There is a high turnover rate at this job for 2 reasons . 1 it's a call center and you have to deal with incoming customer calls constantly and the customers are not usually happy since your dealing eith their mortgage. 2. The management is horrible, when you reach out for help on a call, there is no manager there to help you and they will go MIA for extended periods of time throughout the day. Avoid working at 5/3 if you want a supportive work environment and good management because this place is not it.

Horrible place to work

The manager was lazy, they didn't pay good and did not train me like they were suppose to do. I was pregnant and they didn't care if I couldnt lift things at a certain weight. It was the most stressful job I had ever had!

Pros

Cons

No breaks most of the time, bad pay and poor management

Great Place to Work

Fifth Third was a great place to work where they truly value their employees. No matter where I go in the future I will always be tied to this wonderful organization.

Great pay

Good place to work decent pay depending on the manager you have they might make a lot of exceptions leading you to feel like they don’t have your back

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fifth Third Bank?

Great place to grow and learn

The company is great place to grow. There are plenty of career paths and they provide shadow days to experience the new roles before you apply (if you are an internal hire). This is great if you want a change in your role without switching companies. good benefits but the annual raise structure is poor.

Financial Center Manager

Overall good experience. As a manager you’re pulled in a ton of different directions. Hard to focus on the important things because you’re always short staffed. Working inside a bank mart the work life balance is not great because of staffing.

Good Company

Fifth Third was a good company to work for. Strong processes and knowledgeable managers. Pay is average for banking industry. Decent commute; facilities are updated and nice.

crazy

tellers make more than bankers, not good environment, favoritism among managers. tellers make the same as a banker and yet expect cold calling from bankers

Work life balance is great, management is usually great depending on the branch, and the company definitely wants you to move up. Wonderful place to work with good benefits and PTO, along with if you want to move up in the banking industry.

Good stepping stone to get better job in the financial institution

I worked at 5/3 for approximately four years with two being call center and two as a personal banker. The management was poor. They showed lots of favoritism to certain individuals but was cruel and mean to me because I am a leader and didnt fit into their mean girl club. Lots if gossiping, sass. The pay was okay, no overtime allowed. I loved the customers though.

Pros

Hour lunch, quarterly bonuses

Cons

No overtime, micromanage, bullying tactics

Culture based on connections and who you know

No strategy whatsoever. Every day brings new rules and you need to be connected to keep your job.Management encourages division amongst the lower ranks.

not a bad place to work. also no anything special.

I worked in the customer support department on phones everyday. That type of job stinks no matter where you work. Overall the call center was exactly what you'd expect. If you don't want to be challenged and just lead a basic life with a basic job then this is for you.

Endless calls

There is no break from the calls. Back to back to back, the same conversation with people and being yelled at for nothing in your control. The coworkers around me were great and super helpful.

Work life balance could be better

Decent pay, incentive program isn't as good as other competitors and insurance can be pricey. PTO and maternity leave also are not as good. Lots of turnover and under staffing

Great company

Fifth third is a great bank to grow. They are good at putting you on a career path to get to where you want to be. Fair pay and great management. Love it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fifth Third Bank