Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews for Specialist

Specialist97 reviews

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,227 reviews

It's a cookie cutter culture

If you can smile and shake hands like a corporate ghoul you'll do well here. Most people are suck ups but the company is as good as any to work for> I would work with them again.

Couldn't Ethically Continue Working Here

I saw such a culture of "get new clients for more commissions" instead of serve the people we have. If customers only knew they wouldn't choose to invest with Fidelity. There are all kinds of hidden fees being taken from customers accounts. Management funds customer service lightly with intention - less requests might equal more profit for Fideltiy. Certain customer service issues received attention if it convinced the customer not to move funds from Fidelity Proprietary or managed funds. All a money grab.

Pros

Honestly, nothing when you consider ethical business practices.

Cons

Treatment of customers.

Just not for me

Great company. Great pay. I just didn’t want to be on the phones all the time. If you don’t mind being at a call center this is the job for you! Pay was excellent! Only downfall you have to start out on 2nd shift.

I worked in operations. Cubicle.

I liked the people. The work was easy. It was also soul sucking. Sitting at a keyboard for 20 years was more than enough for me. I quit for that reason. To be honest it was easy money with great benefits. Some frustration with management, but I assume that's the same everywhere. If I could handle sitting at a keyboard I'd go back. But I'd rather live in my truck on BLM land than do that.

Pros

Excellent benefits. Good pay. Easy.

Cons

Boring. Cubicle becomes a prison.

Micro Managing

Managers treat you like just another number. Do not care about your personal life. PTO is based off a bid, I req PTO a month in advance and they did not approve it when initially they said it would be no problem. It was not a vacation for me but an outside business trip for my personal business which I spent 4k on. They ended up not approving it and then I had to call in, and then they put me on a warning since I had absenteeism. HR is a joke. No work life balance at all, Overtime is required every week on Monday mornings. Training is also pitiful, its extremely overwhelming and self taught. High turnover rate at this job. Very old systems. You often feel drained, and you don't feel human.

Productive, fun and healthy work environment.. There is always a scope for learning and explore new opportunities.

Good work environment and work culture... Very friendly atmosphere to work... Good management.. There are lot of opportunities to move to your desired role internally.

Pros

Free lunch and dinner, team outings once in a month, weekend offs

Cons

Really need to work hard and stand out from your colleagues to get a promotion.

Great company, your manager will determine your happiness here.

Great company and benefits. You're told Fidelity is a meritocracy but it really is about who you know and not performance. Many managers were hired because they were friends and have no business managing.

Pros

Benefits, pay, ability to learn and help people

Cons

Not a meritocracry, promoting and happiness depends on greasing the right palms

Great company but very tiring job

First fidelity is awesome in terms of the people and the benefits as others have stated. But after being here almost two years, even with multiple role changes, everything still feels the exact same. Calls day in and day out with not a lot To break up the days and fairly thankless job. Fidelity will find all kinds of ways to give awards and recognition but you’ll get reamed if your “numbers” are a little below average, and these days everything is so constantly busy and backed up you feel like you can never take a breath

Pros

People, benefits, work from home

Cons

Advancement, day to day

FIS is a great place to work great coworkers good training good advancement opportunities. Attention to detail is a must Good customer service and always Always able to communicate with customers and technicians and always there to help

Pros

High security

Great Company

Fidelity has the best training for their associates in the finance space, great pay and benefits. Fidelity supports you throughout licensing and after. Great upward mobility.

Pros

Benefits, Wfh, pay

Be careful

This Company is one that expects you to know what you're doing day one. There are no excuses in this environment. Expect to not take any days off unless your hired permanent. Always stay in available,

Pros

Location isn't hard to reach

Cons

Your class your hired with will be your best tool to succeed

Not for me

This was my first call center job, and it will be my last. It's a great job if your able to be in front of a screen for 8 hours a day. The managers I got to work with all did a great job. Which really made me stick around for as long as I did, Fidelity is a great company overall.

What can I say, this is the best company to work for.

I enjoyed working for this company, and would go if given the opportunity! When I use to work at this corporation, while out on maternity leave they held my position for me. That really speaks volumes for this company.

Call Center Life

If you enjoy working in a call center, then this is the job for you. If you don't like a call center environment, then consider a different field of work. Like all call centers, you are rigidly and constantly monitor for a pile of different metrics. The breaks are limited and controlled as is your attendance, call handling time, and many other things. Other than that, however, there were so many amazing things about Fidelity. The managers and co-workers are wonderful and the company itself is very generous - benefits, PTO, a retirement plan. Acknowledgement and rewards are present in your daily work life - but these rewards don't necessary lead to a change in position - if desired - or growth in the company.

very nice

I am a currently a 401k service representative with Fidelity investments. I am customer obsessed and very goal oriented When presented with a challenge I rise to the occasion and make it happen.

Productive work place

Fidelity is a great place to work! I feel like I was challenged and supported. I worked there for a long time and I’m looking for a change! Ready for a new challenge!

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Not enough advancement

Great company

Only reason I left was travel time to work after relocating to a new city. Benefits are fantastic. Great program and sponsor for getting licensed. They treat you really well compared to other companies.

Benefits

Cons

Average pay

Not a good place to work

You have to be a machine. Taking 80 calls or more daily. Your calls are not graded fairly. Things can change and you may not find out until your in the middle of working on something.

Pros

closed on holidays

Cons

constantly busy

Mediocre career opportunity

Would not recommend as a career; call center environment with a minimal amount of training and a complete lack of work/life balance for the company's employees.

Management needs improvement

This company is trying to become relevant in today's culture, however they are still stuck in a traditional old school management approach. I recommend that they review how they manage the employees and the company.

Great Facilities

Working at Fidelity is like being on a college campus. There is a gigantic food court, a gym, outdoor walking trails, baseballs fields, coffee shops, and so much more!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fidelity Investments