Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews for Financial Representative

Financial Representative229 reviews

Found 229 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,227 reviews

Great environment for growth

The company is a great place to work with a lot of room for growth. You can certainly find folks from all different backgrounds and experiences that are driven and hard working.

Excellent Entry Level Position

Overall an excellent starting job; enjoyed the nice customers and coworkers the best. Also, weekly meetings with management helped a lot with keeping morale and teamwork high.

Management is lacking

If you want to work in a phone center answering 10 plus calls a hour day after day, this is the job for you. At least they let work from home now. the management is lacking.

Fairly complex customer service phone job

You will be on the phones unless you are promoted at least a couple times. Fidelity takes care of their employees and understands that it's hard work and that working in a Finance role on the phones can be difficult. You have 1-2 planned meetings per day, a lunch and two breaks. Other than that, you are answering calls. Great people work for them and management is always trying to help you advance your career to the next step. The hardest part was the grind that is customer service over the phone or through chat.

Pros

Great benefits, good people, supportive management

Cons

Phone work, obsession with metrics

Fun fast growth

was unskilled twice within a 6 month period, love the culture and how passionate everyone is for their job. Spanish department has amazing bonds and great management

Good Place to start

Not a bad place to start. There’s a lot of ways to work up in the company with lots of meetings for how you can get to where you want to be. I felt like my bosses genuinely wanted to see us succeed.

Firm cares about its people

Fidelity is a great place to work. The firm prepares you to take your Series 7, 63 & 65 exams. Benefits are good and Managers do care about you overall.

Constantly rushing to get off of the phone

Constantly rushing to get off calls to meet quotas. It’s hard to affective my help customers with multiple questions sometimes due to constantly being worried about your call times.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Lack of job security

Great company

Fantastic family feel, wonderful benefits. Training was absolutely holistic and the management were very helpful. There was plenty of opportunity to get questions answered and lots of developmental growth opportunities.

Okay workplace

Good could be better and managers don’t respond to anything that u ask or they take forever to repose. They play favorites and give certain schedules to certain people

Decent pay and great benefits but lacks good training

When I started there was very little training as to what things I would handle throughout the branch. In order to find out how to do stuff you have to do a lot of telephone. Calling our back office or asking people within the branch on how to do things. Even then there's a good chance they won't be able to help you

Calls all day every day

Pass the SIE, Series 7, and 63 or go to a non stop call center. You get an angry customers all day long and if you want to take a break? It's tracked and for an 8 hour shift of back to back calls, you only get 30 minutes of break and 30 minutes of lunch. How can anyone make something enjoyable in 30 minutes? Im glad I could get it to get a jump start on my resume but I'm more glad to get out. Tried to talk to HR about the break time and moving into a position I could enjoy but its all empty promises. Tried sticking it out for a year while they were saying we will move you but nothing ever happened.

Can be stressful

Working in the call center could be stressful. Lots of questions, especially when market is performing poorly. Overall training was good, but there can definitely be a "sink or swim" way of learning.

Good place to work, positive culture

I really enjoyed working at Fidelity other than the call center environment. I had great managers and the option for bonuses based on performance was great. The main issue I had was it always felt understaffed when there was any major event or movement in the market, which made things pretty stressful. Benefits were great though and I would work there again.

Stay away from workplace

Do not get into workplace investing. Stay in personal investing. They will not care about you on the workplace investing side. They only care about the companies they obtained contracts with.

Great place to work with Great benefits.

Current work from home. Great and supportive management. Training and licensing is helpful. Pay seems to be about average for the industry. Really encourage you to find work you enjoy.

Amazing benefits, management, and growth opportunities!

The only bad thing was the customers. They can be pretty nasty but my manager was the best and if you really love finance, you will be happy. I loved everyone in my hiring class, our bond was the reason I stayed the amount of time I did.

Pros

benefits, pay, cafeteria, management, bond with training classmates

Cons

ruthless customers, metrics

It’s a great place to work The great thing to have on your résumé

C. A great place to work just like an extra big family every day go to work considering you’re there nine times out of 10 we often more often than you are at home with your family it’s a great place to be played at

Pros

They take care of you hundred percent

Cons

They take care of you hundred percentHigh quality training on every level

Great place to work just not my kind of role

Worked in the 401K department as a phone rep and while the company is a great place to work for, but the job itself wasn’t a pleasant experience. It feels like they may be understaffed in the phones department cause from start to finish it would a be shock if you got more than a 10 seconds before the next one came in. Would not recommend if you are introverted or can’t deal with getting yelled at on a daily basis by customers.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Inclusive workspace

Cons

Customers, Lack of Support

Great entry level job into the Finance world.

Beautiful campus that offer a lot of amenities, from the gym, to on site health or mental care and great cafe area. The owner does an amazing job making everyone feel inclusive of the work culture. So many events & organizations you can join. Great training & management was phenomenal for the most part. Very professional but fun work environment. I learned a lot about the financial industry working here.

Pros

On site cafe, gym, health center, great start pay, benefits & growth opportunities. Management were a huge plus and care about your success.

Cons

30 minute lunches sucked.

stressful but somewhat worth it

It wasnt bad working here but be prepared to take calls back to back until the moment your shift ends. training was great compared to a lot of other places but I felt during training the trainers would talk about how much wrong we could do to make us lose our job more than encouraging the employees. I would try to get on full time and not through talent source if you want more stability and peace during the training process

Pros

benefits, training, growth opportunities

Cons

some management, strict grading system, low pay for the duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fidelity Investments