Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews for Finance Associate

Finance Associate99 reviews

Found 99 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,227 reviews

great people to work for and with. can't beat the benefits

great people to work for and with. can't beat the benefits. good 401k plan great pay, great culture, great CEO. nice bonuses, room to grow at the company.

Stressful call center culture

Fidelity is very nit-picky about what they allow and don’t allow during the calls. They have very high standards they hold when I comes to being a customer service rep. I was always stressed about missing something on their rigid list of standards. There is no job security if you take a customer service role. The job sounds nice on paper until you actually are doing the job and constantly being scrutinized. One notable thing was that my manager would promise to help me in coaching me but never held up on his end of standards set forth in coaching meetings. I did think pay was generous, you have great benefits, and retirement options were exceptional.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

High stress call center job with too many rigid rules and no flexibility if you messed up

Great Place to Work

Training can be overwhelming, Day to Day can be a bit draining but also rewarding. Very Customer Service Oriented. Pay is okay but could be a bit more for the work

Micromanage

Call center is super micromanaged Lots of complex calls Lots of escalation callsBrokers on the line can be super rude Cafeteria is nice After training you are on your own with minimal support

It was okay.

They do an intense background and credit check. They will ask for an explanation of anything that is suspicious and they want the name of every employer within the last 10 years. It just wasn’t for me. You have to start at call center on phones and start on late shift. The trainings are on your own self pace and you meet with your onboarding group on zoom calls on camera until your graduation at 14 weeks. I just can’t talk to people all day but if you like it that would be a good fit. The office is really nice it’s just really far if you don’t stay near the west lake area.

If you know the call center life then you know how its going to be

We were expected to take 80 calls a day. You hardly have time to breathe. The building is impressive but that doesn't make up for the sweatshop atmosphere. You are told there is no handle time but you need to take 80 calls a day (Tell me there's a handle time without telling me there's a handle time)

Pros

The building

Cons

The work demand

What is the best part of working at the company?The environment, the people & the knowledge you obtain! What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The workload when being a phone rep is hard but rewarding What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Wonderful! What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very busy, goes by fast if you are a phone rep but you will so much!

Refreshing work place

The work setting alone is refreshing compared to most cooperate jobs. The culture is very rich here and you truly feel supported by team members. Endless possibilities for growth at this company!

Great benefits, difficult working environment

Job information is misleading, this is a call center role. If you work remote you will be completely on your own. Training does not teach you enough about all systems within company. Working environment is a constant competition. Only get one 30 min break. Low pay for how much you will work. You may also not be able to determine your hours in the day you will work. There is some opportunity to grow but working environment is based on favoritism. Also remote work is very isolating and right now there is no set date to go in person. Decent starting job, but would not recommend long term.

Great workplace if you have a good manager

Fidelity as a company was great. Great culture, great benefits and just an overall great environment. Unfortunately for me I had the worst possible manager who made me hate coming to work every day and would not let many people on her team move on to other departments unless you were her favorite. After two years of dealing with her I couldn’t take it anymore and I quit. I really wish I could’ve been assigned to a different team because I really saw fidelity as the place I wanted to start my career.

Pros

The cafeteria has great food

Cons

You only get a 30 min break which is not enough when you have back to back calls for the whole shift

You will be miserable

If you like being on the phone non-stop, and then get evaluated and errored for not saying, thank you for calling, etc., then the perfect job is waiting for you. If that’s not your thing, then walk away! You will be miserable constantly thinking about getting an error.

Feels like a competition rather than team work

The environment and tools for learning are very good but manager, peer support and agents like to school you rather than work with you for the client, feels like a high-school environment where popular (tenured people on low levels of leadership) like to shine when teaching something rather than helping the customers.

Pros

Good pay, great learning information and training.

Cons

Hostile work environment, management likes to be reassured all the time.

You will be thrown in with the sharks at this place. They don’t tell you everything about the job when you interview.

Basically you are on your own “looking at your resources” to figure out how to do your job and how to answer some of the customers questions. Too many rules of what you can and cannot do or say on the phone. Short breaks and short lunches. Never ending calls.

Working in the call center wasn't the right fit for me.

Working in the call center wasn't the right fit for me. They did provide good training but the call center environment was toxic. Long days on the phones with minimal breaks for low wages.

Pros

Helpful coworkers

Cons

Pay Environment

If you aren't ready to talk on the phone with customers non stop for 8 hours, don't apply

I will say the company does seemingly care for their employees, well rather to keep the limited staff they already have. With that being said, the reason they are ALWAYS hiring is because the job is STRESSFUL. You are literally taking call, after call, after call for your entire shift. No time in between. And participants can be MEAN. It just isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I can say as well, some people REALLY excel at this job. You just need to have the right personality to do so. Also, I lucked out with my manager, she was amazing. But the job just wasn't right for me

Pros

Good benefits, some managers are great, others not so much, work from home and paid training

Cons

Felt as though I was "thrown to the wolves" after training, little to know transitional stage. Stressful job overall

Overall great company , make sure you pay attention to the role you apply for

Fidelity is a great company that will take care of you. However, the call center life is not for everyone and it was not for me . Management honestly was nonexistent and if you like dealing with people all day who are frustrated about their 401k plans then this might be your job.

Pros

Lots of vacation days and good benefits

Cons

Call center job

Supportive company but tough work

If you like being on the phones then this job is for you. There is a good amount to learn but they do train you for 2 months and pay you. Not much else but phone calls afterward

Pros

Supportive coworkers

Great entry level experience job, but feel like a robot

Pay and benefits aren't bad for what you are supposed to do, which is service retirement savings plans, and it is a 16 week paid training program; however, there is a high turnover rate and for good reason. Managers really only care about stats, don't necessarily train you to improve, customers calling are more often rude than kind...lastly after training, your work hours are from 12PM-8PM. Can get promoted to another role if ur stats are good enough. Handled working from home well, but this job really makes you feel like a robot and certain managers will treat you like another number. Was not for me.

Pros

Pay, Pto, Vto, insurance

Cons

Micromanaged, short breaks, rude customers

Great company benefits.

The benefits are great here and the way they cared for employees during Covid was amazing. The only issue is job advancement. It’s nearly impossible to get off the phones unless you are a brown noser or white.

Pros

Benefits/pay

Cons

Advancement/work life balance

Stress level in nesting, transition from 90 day Probation

I was assigned to a person who worked hard to commit me to failure. She side-jacked and startled me in the call process, interrupted and cause me so much stress I required tooth extraction (teeth grinding in my sleep). The day I was canceled I was glad to go. The are of my most recent experience was denied because I performed poorly in the hired position. My work history was medical insurance, my assignment was 401K support. My scores were great (metrics) my individual evaluations were very poor. So why pay so much money for a system (matric system) your not going to use?

Pros

Great People

Cons

POOR Work Place Politics

The worst professional experience

You are chained to your desk and timed all day. You are allowed a specific number of minutes to get up from your desk per day and if you go over that number, you are spoken to and warned about it. The call center is a revolving door of young new hires, hoping to make it in a bigger company.

Cons

Pay, Hours, Lack of culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fidelity Investments
  • Finance Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?