Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative234 reviews

Found 234 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,227 reviews

Really great, but I feel lied to

The pay is great even for entry level. There’s room for growth and the managers are amazing. However… They hire you on the expectation that you will only need to commute to the office occasionally. They, recently, changed that pretty drastically. I’m pretty heartbroken by that because the company makes you feel like they are flexible and care about your individual circumstances, but they don’t. They would rather you take PTO than work from home one of their newly required on-site days. Disappointing. I hate to leave, but I need to move out of the metroplex.

Training for series 7 and 63 fast -paced but management is always there with support. Great place to work if you are looking for a career in the financial industry.

Great culture

Company culture is great. People want you to succeed and really try their best to help you in any way that they can. I feel very supported at this company.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great training. Great trainers and managers. Literally everyone willing to help… somewhat flexible schedule. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Constant calls. If not used to a call center setting. This is an awakening lolWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly. Willing to help or direct you where to go What is a typical day like for you at the company?Remote. Log on. Take calls back to back for 10 hours. Very little time to research the more detailed calls

Advanced Skillset

RBS really trained me to be a top tier representative of the employer retirement plans. In addition to mastering plan processes and options, was able to get strong knowledge of how to navigate Personal Investing accounts. Got the best of both worlds. Sets you up as a strong candidate for the role you're trying to break into, career-wise.

Great job

Great starting point for a career change! The phones can get really stressful but after a year you can apply to other positions. The management is very friendly.

Great Place to Work!

If you don't mind taking phone calls during the day this is a great place to work at. Great benefits, good pay, managers are motivated to help you succeed and move out of your entry level role, great time off package and overall a fun environment to work in

customer service

Starting out as customer service with a clear path to succeed is nice, however it should be more detailed on how we can move up through the company so we have something to reach for. Calls are easy but can be draining. Managers are great so far.

Pros

free 10$ a day in meals

Cons

hard to get breaks

Terrible experience

Hired for the CRA program. Hiring process took MONTHS. high turnover. Half of the people end up failing the exam and get shoved off to another high turnover department. First few weeks gets you hooked but then shortly after it felt like I sold my soul, glad it's over. Pay is good only relative to poor salaries elsewhere. Micromanaging to the extreme. Call model is obsurdly annoying to customers. Creativity and personality don't belong here, only strictly fake robots.

Pros

Remote at first

Cons

Everything else

Great opportunity for advancement. good environment

Great place to work. They promote from within. Everyone is informed as to what is expected.. own desk so did not have to share work space. They will help you get licensed needed after your hired

Great place to start a career

This is a great place to start a career within the investment industry. Had great experience with training and team members. They don't have the BEST benefits

Very professional

Professional work environment with excellent benefits. I was able to get a free Series 7 license. The office was classy and high profile. It reminded me of the 80s movie "Wall Street"

Excellent Benefits

The benefits package is superior. Lots of overtime and flexible hours. The training is very thorough and lots of support is given by management. The pay is also fair

Fun Workplace

Managers really care about you and such a fun and positive environment with really great benefits. Tons of opportunities for your future. Great office space

Best place ever!

The most supportive management system ever! Life happens and they understand. It is not easy to get on to Fidelity. It's a very thorough background/interview process but it is so worth it. They are very up front in their expectations and hire you because they see potential in you and will give you all the tools you need for success.

Horrible management

I started as a sec rep. It was horrible. I wanted to quit daily. I got promoted to pension. First week with new manager he put me on a final. I left.

Pros

Cons

Horrible management

Flexible with great benefits

Great company with an excellent management team who provide a stable work/life balance. Flexibility is also a big part of their culture, especially during the first few months of training, while you are interacting with clients while simultaneously studying for your licensing exams.

Best work culture/inclusive environment

Hands down the best work culture/environment I've had. Enjoy coming to work. Work/life balance is a big push, but still require so in office. Growth opportunities are endless.

Great compensation and work environment. Limited hands-off supervisory help.

Here is the worst part — for my Customer Service job, which involved 10 weeks of training, it was all done with earphones and lessons on the computer. They took away the teachers right before my training started. You’re in a room with 30+ computers, and people listening to lessons on them, and no supervision whatsoever. A large group near me talked and joked loudly most of the time. It felt like high school, and it was very distracting. I would not have joined them if I had known this — they said we would have a class teacher. Also, many classmates cheated on their tests — they gave each other the answers. The actual training on the phones was spotty — they throw you in the drink and expect you to swim. As I had no previous phone-type job background this was pretty daunting. Frankly, I thought the important tax aspects of the class material was way over most of their heads, so they are probably giving misinformation on the phones. Their extensive checks of metrics (daily) was not picking this up. I saw errors that other Reps made, and obviously many of them didn’t understand how to do everything. The best part was the facility — the building was beautifully situated in the woods, and they had a lovely and extensive cafeteria with free coffee and fruit waters. Most people I worked with with very nice, but make no mistake, it’s every man for himself in that environment.

Great training

I absolutely love working at Fidelity Investment, because they train you properly and management was great. The only reason why I’m not working for this company is because they asked me to relocate and I wanted to be able to work virtual.

Good Training and Management

Pro- If you are starting your first career and need a place to learn and develop your career path this is a place for you. Good management. Cons- However for a customer service job it could be draining at times and I don’t think the pay is commensurate to the type of work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fidelity Investments
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?