Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,227 reviews

what i learned from the company

What i learned from my organisation is if you do hard work and perform well in the organisation you will get recognized,and there is a visiblity in our frontline managers aswell. This is why i am telling becuase i have many friends in other organisation though they are a good performer still they will not recognise from the managers.

Pros

Free sodexo card for meals and refreshment

What is the best part of working at the company?Great people, Extremely high company integrity, wonderful benefits, excellent career and growth opportunities.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not enough time in a day.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Positive and fulfilling

Challenging

Studying and taking the series 7 was challenging but the role is way more difficult than that. high volume of calls back to back. Very easy to burn out. There is also crazy high room for growth and the culture is great! Definition of work hard play hard.

Pros

Culture people

Cons

stress

Fairly complex customer service phone job

You will be on the phones unless you are promoted at least a couple times. Fidelity takes care of their employees and understands that it's hard work and that working in a Finance role on the phones can be difficult. You have 1-2 planned meetings per day, a lunch and two breaks. Other than that, you are answering calls. Great people work for them and management is always trying to help you advance your career to the next step. The hardest part was the grind that is customer service over the phone or through chat.

Pros

Great benefits, good people, supportive management

Cons

Phone work, obsession with metrics

great people to work for and with. can't beat the benefits

great people to work for and with. can't beat the benefits. good 401k plan great pay, great culture, great CEO. nice bonuses, room to grow at the company.

Couldn't Ethically Continue Working Here

I saw such a culture of "get new clients for more commissions" instead of serve the people we have. If customers only knew they wouldn't choose to invest with Fidelity. There are all kinds of hidden fees being taken from customers accounts. Management funds customer service lightly with intention - less requests might equal more profit for Fideltiy. Certain customer service issues received attention if it convinced the customer not to move funds from Fidelity Proprietary or managed funds. All a money grab.

Pros

Honestly, nothing when you consider ethical business practices.

Cons

Treatment of customers.

Amazing Training and Environment

Loved the structure of training and progression in the company. Management is caring and kind. It is a call center environment but they give a lot of support to make it enjoyable.

Stressful call center culture

Fidelity is very nit-picky about what they allow and don’t allow during the calls. They have very high standards they hold when I comes to being a customer service rep. I was always stressed about missing something on their rigid list of standards. There is no job security if you take a customer service role. The job sounds nice on paper until you actually are doing the job and constantly being scrutinized. One notable thing was that my manager would promise to help me in coaching me but never held up on his end of standards set forth in coaching meetings. I did think pay was generous, you have great benefits, and retirement options were exceptional.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

High stress call center job with too many rigid rules and no flexibility if you messed up

Great Place to Gain Experience, Building a Career a different Story

Essentially a call center role and not much else. Decent pay for routine work but gets old after a few months. Pleasant people to work with and lower level management are great for the most part.

Pros

Paid training, decent amount of PTO, solid benefits, friendly coworkers

Cons

No time off allowed during holidays, incoherent metrics, offer too many products/services

Management was great, pay is great

I enjoyed working there, I loved my manager and the pay was good. I just didn’t like the job because the entry level job is basically a call center, which sucked.

Pros

Pay

Fun place to work

Get what you put in there. I need to put in long hours but you reap the benefits when you do so. Continue to invest in your employees and you’ll great success moving forward.

Inclusive workplace environment

Fidelity is a very good company to work for. The management is very supportive of your goals and do everything in their power to help you succeed. The health benefits and student loans payments are outstanding!

Pros

Free lunches. On site gym and medical care.

Stressful

Temporary job - super stressful job where people call to yell at you all day long because they submitted their hours wrong and the company takes money back when they’ve been overpaid. Little support to learn how to deal with this.

Amazing company.

Simply the best company to work for! The training, the culture, the work life balance and compensation are second to none. If you are looking for a place to build a career, look no further than Fidelity Investments!

Pros

Great people, work life balance, great benefits and great/fair compensation

What is the best part of working at the company?The BEST private financial company to work for.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?To be the at the top of your game. Be the best that you can be!

Great company

Great company to work for. Great benefits, great people, good advancement opportunities, work from home the majority of the time. I enjoy my team and the work.

Flexible hours + good pay

Was employed under a 2 month contract for a temp data entry position. Fully remote and pay was good, decent communication from upper management as well

Great Company

I worked for Fidelity for 28 yrs, and was able to grow and develop my career in many different areas. Great Benefits, Great Leadership, Great Coworkers.

Good job

Typical day at work is answering around 20 calls depending on how busy we are. train for a little bit then take calls on that topic, then continue that process. they fully support you getting your license. push you to grow in your career

Pros

growth, training

Cons

busy, stressful at times

Fun fast growth

was unskilled twice within a 6 month period, love the culture and how passionate everyone is for their job. Spanish department has amazing bonds and great management

Really great, but I feel lied to

The pay is great even for entry level. There’s room for growth and the managers are amazing. However… They hire you on the expectation that you will only need to commute to the office occasionally. They, recently, changed that pretty drastically. I’m pretty heartbroken by that because the company makes you feel like they are flexible and care about your individual circumstances, but they don’t. They would rather you take PTO than work from home one of their newly required on-site days. Disappointing. I hate to leave, but I need to move out of the metroplex.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fidelity Investments
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?