Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews for Service Advocate

Service Advocate187 reviews

Found 187 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

was a great place until return to office

was promised by the previous CEO that we would be staying remote. 1 year later with a new CEO and the promise was just taken back. Expecting people to take pay cuts during a already hard financial year for many. If you can do the work at home, why must we pay for gas and many other expenses? for coffee talk? Doesnt seem like great work/life balance to me anymore.

Pros

great 401k match, Pto

Cons

forced return to office

Good company

I was FAS. Chat/phone all day researching questions or making transactions the agents couldn't do. I only quit because California is a nightmare for all things. Insurance is no different. They have since got out of California and I wish I still worked there. Good benefits. Very generous PTO and just about every holiday off

Pros

Remote. Good benefits, including PTO we've holidays

Cons

Agents can be difficult. Co-workers suck at their job, making yours harder.

Very high call volume, busy and felt out of touch

The best thing is that you are 100% remote, depending on where you are located. They seem to have silly rules put in place that make it hard to keep up with the goals. The goals are not clear, neither is the perimeters of your role. The role advertised was not clear to what you do on the job and training could have spent more time on day to day calls then just on items that we barley ever come across. Its like you do so much and its unclear whats expected. They have good benefits. Overall it seems like a place you can grow but it is sooo may employees and its easy to get swallowed up. Very high call volume, back to back calls.

Was a Great Place To Work until the new CEO joined the company.

I worked for this company for 3 years. It was truly a Great Place To Work for 2 of those years, and then the new CEO Raul Vargas joined the organization and it rapidlly went downhill. The return to office mandate and the way it was handled completely decimated the trust of all employees.

Pros

the benefit package

Cons

everything else

Didn’t like it

It started off okay until it was not. Realized the training was pretty trash and not really beneficial. There were a lot of changes that took place within the company, everyday there was something different

Great company and benefits, not so great management

Training was fine but there was alot to learn and everything was not covered. The support groups they had available (created by management) were helpful sometimes but there alot of time were supervisors were unable to assist with certain situations. I was giving mixed information sometimes as well via different supervisors which in turn made me look bad, which is highly irritating. The other resources they offered us to assist agents were also not that great and often vague. I think there should be more emphasis placed on correcting that. This position is not for everyone but it paid great.

Pros

Pay, Pto, perks, etc

Cons

Supervisors not being on the same page, Vague resources, iffy support chats for Service Advocates were a hit or miss.

Reasonable entry level job with little room to grow

Typical day was fairly boring. Learned a lot about interviewing. Management was great. Culture was great. Difficult to advance. Events were fun though.

Pros

Starbucks in the cafeteria, events to break up the monotony.

Cons

Advancement was difficult, good performance not rewarded adequately, lots of downtime but not allowed to stop looking busy

New Hire

I haven't started day 1, just here to look at reviews. So far though, all managers have been kind and helpful. The people I have spoken to have been candid and helpful.

Could be a great job, if you have tough skin

What is the best part of working at the company?Work/life balance is exceptional, supervisors are caring and understanding, shifts are goodWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The job can be very mentally taxingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Positive but very stressful as the customers can be very rude regardless to your time and demeanor when speaking to them. They tend to blame the representatives for their inability to pay their premiumsWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?A typical day working as a Service Advocate at Farmers Insurance felt monotonous at times. I often had to step away from my desk to refresh my mind after a few calls.

Awesome benefits, decent pay but very high expectations

They say they coach on behaviors but it's really all about metrics. They market individuality and group inclusion but if youre a little antisocial/introvert you wont go far. The calls are mostly from angry Agents who make more money than us, talk down to us and who want us to be their personal secretary especially in California because they're too lazy to learn. Pto is relatively easy to take. IT issues that arent your fault you have to use PTO and once you use it it does not replenish until next year.

Pros

Compensation, STD&LTD offered, stip bonus, health benefits, Pto

Cons

Agents are rude, there's no support out of pod, no annual raises if company doesn't meet sales quota expectations are high, micromanagement

Good environment

The workplace is great, benefits are great, can’t complain working from home, they are very accommodating, would definitely recommend to anyone to try

Be CAREFUL working here.

I feel like I was recruited to the army. Farmers recruiters filled our heads with all these nice things this job would be- it was a falsity. Out of 17 in my training and licensing class- 3 of us including me- are still here 8 months later. you are CONSTANTLY monitored. The micromanaging becomes very uncomfortable very quickly. Prepare for back to back calls. NO time between them. Prepare for constant “Hey just checking in ;)” messages when you’re in after call work for 2 minutes.You will NEVER get the shift you want from your shift bid. I got my 35th pick. That’s half the reason everyone has left. Prepare for constant tech issues, constant online system issues preventing you from doing your job correctly. This job is SO incredibly mentally draining with the toxic office positivity. It is so passive aggressive. The pay and benefits are decent- but understand if you run out of PTO- you will be written up. this was not disclosed to us during training. They will also come up with an excuse to not give you your yearly bonus or STIP pay. you have been warned.

I love Farmers

Back at it again after raising my kiddos. I love Farmers. I work 4 10s. The days are long but I love helping people and I feel fulfilled. I have 13 years of experience and have work for Farmers all that time.

December 12, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We love to hear that work is fulfilling for you, and we appreciate all you do for our customers.

The experience you have greatly depends on who your supervisor is, and how they run their team. There is no baseline for how things are done, some sups want it one way and others are completely different. During an average day, you are given 10 mins after your shift begins to get your systems ready and work on anything non-call related, after the 10 minutes you are to go ready, and depending on the day, it can be back to back calls or you can have down time. Your breaks and lunch are taken when you would like with some rules (lunch taken within the first 5 hours). 5-15 mins before the end of your shift, you log off and complete any additional work (the time will depend on your sup). Most calls will be easy once you’re in the groove, with the occasional escalation or complex problem. You are expected to take back to back calls with no after call work time. You’re never expected to memorize all of the rules and guidelines, you will always look them up before providing answers.

December 12, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience as a Service Advocate II at Farmers!

Childish

The management seems to be childish and they monitor every single little thing you do. Feels like there is no trust honestly and that’s not a good policy between manager and employee.

Remote

Short training with alot of information to process. Upfront pto . Trainers are patient and supportive . Feel like our team was put on phones too soon

September 12, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad you had a good experience with your trainers, and appreciate your note on being put on phones too soon.

Farmers in Phoenix

There are some amazing supervisors and senior managers at the corporate office in Phoenix that are genuinely interested in developing your career and supporting you and your customers, however, they are bogged down by constant nearly day-long meetings nearly every day. Some of them seem to love meetings and being unavailable to both their colleagues and the customer, others see how frustratingly pointless these meetings are and the affect they have on their teams and customer support. To have to tell customers that you can't get supervisor support or callbacks for several DAYS is unacceptable and only leads to call escalations and with some supervisors they see how this is understandable, others don't understand why a customer would be upset. When a customer pays 25 years to call in for the 1st time for a loss, and pays a premium rate for better service, you expect that better service. I just couldn't do that to our customers facing issues in wildfires, floods, tornadoes etc. Eventually it got too much with my ethics and I decided to leave as others did as we became increasingly short staffed and call wait times increased and supervisor callback times worsened increasing complaints. They need to spend less time on meetings analyzing or pontificating and more time talking to the people (like me) that wipe up the mess they ignored.

Pros

Great PTO

Cons

Too many meetings

Has a lot to offer

A lot to learn in so little time! Training could be a bit better considering there is a LOT to learn and the hours aren’t idea for anyone with kids but it’s doable

Fantastic Company

Excellent pto. Work/life balance is great. This company actually cares about employees and their well-being. Tons of areas for advancement. Management is wonderful. All around best company i've worked for.

Great place to work, makes you feel like family

Currently working from home and it's a great job. Of course there are always some tense moments that come with working in service but overall they really help you through it and guide you through problems that may occur.

Good benefits, insufficient pay, no flexibility

Managers were supportive and invested in your success. The company is super focused on productivity so do not count on any flexibility. Not a living wage.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Very specific work and break times with little flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question