Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Insurance Agent536 reviews

Found 536 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

Good company, very little support

Good company, great products even a bit pricey. Working here is not advised as the DMs are not interested in seeing new agents advance it seems. They provide very little support and are not interested in doing anything other than holding a occasional meeting.

It’s a good company to work for but

The company is a good company to work for the leaders are great to work with as well they are very welcoming and help as much as they can with anything you need.

Trash

Trash company, terrible training, will never work here again. Thrown to the wolves right after I got my license, micromanaged and just overall highly stressful with little support.

It was alright

Farmers is a big corp company. Lots of changes constantly which isn’t necessarily bad. I’m not a fan of how they treat their agency owners. The compensation is definitely there though, one of the only companies I’ve seen that start with a base pay

Productive and Fun Workplace

Farmer’s was my introduction into the insurance world. Management was helpful with a very relaxed approach. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers to understand coverages in a way that nobody had ever taken the time to explain before. No complaints.

overworked and no work life balance

Work life balance is lacking. Previous MetLife employee, bought out by Farmers. After a year and a half they cut /laid off 11% of the work force to then turn around 4 months later and hire new. Lay offs were unprofessional and by email.

Hard to sell

We are expected to sell insurance that are 5xs the average cost rate in the state. I recommend going to work for a different company. Stay away if you actually want to sell.

Alright for starting out

Lots of online training upfront, but little to none after that. Had to learn most of the stuff on my own. Management is okay at best. Hard to sell anything when rates are the way they are.

Stressful but interesting.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great until your agency is bought out to someone that really wants you gone ,but can't find anything valuable to fire you and makes things up to get you to quit. TRUE STORY. STAY AWAY!!!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Customers complaining about rates for their auto and home insurance. Trying to create new business but rates are not competitive and then your agent tells you to not focus on rates with customers. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good, if you like working in an outdated 2 bedroom house. New agent needs to do an update to the agency, there are a lot of nice offices in this town and this isn't one of them.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy with customers calling in to complain about rates.

Insurance World

Tough time in the insurance world but I love my agent I work for. With COVID I was able to work from home and handle schooling for my son. I was able to take work on the go with me & be on the road & accessible while not chained to a desk.

Overall Good

Overall it’s a good company to work for. The big fall back is they change their system/ products monthly so you are constantly having to learn a new system.

productive but stressful

you have to do alot, strictly commission based, a lot of training to undergo. The competitive rate out there makes it hard for you to convince propects. However, they are ready to invest in your growth

has good potential

definitely reflects your work and skills to your paycheck, however there auto products are not the best in the market and often gets beat by its competitors. also they are vary picky on who they want to insure so even if you have good prospects, half of the time you can't get them a good deals

Great claims department

As an agent it’s great knowing the claims department is going to take good care of your customers. We have an up to date system as well that is easy to navigate

Great culture Low Pay

Not sure how other departments are paid but Sales Department base salary isn’t realistic & only top agents actually make a decent commission..if you are not in the top 5-10% , you will not make enough to support yourself. Company culture is great & fun work environment though

Terrible

My experience with Farmers was terrible. I could not stay interested because I had no idea there ever to train me. I started working for my Sister -in-laws firm to help her and to try a different career path and that was a mistake I'll never make again .

I learned a lot

I could make my own schedule as long as I had all my hours in. Lots of incentives for doing a good job.All testing and licenses were paid for by the companyI had very little training and when I had questions about things I felt like I was being annoying or bugging them when I called. I only seen my agent in the office 1 or 2 times a week.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

When I needed help or had questions I couldn't reach anyone

Find anywhere else to work

No training, not getting messages to sell a policy given to other agents in the office, not getting clients messages...no help, questions not answered, doesn't always respond

Pros

work from home

Stable & great work ethics

Didn’t care about Cold calling to much, but part of the job. Enjoyed servicing the policies & meeting previous & new clients . Paid for my license transfer., bonuses, paid time off, had weekends off. They updated their system & was working on it before prior to leaving Farmers.

Pros

Stable great family oriented company

Cons

Sitting in front computer most of the day

Rates are too high

You cant sell insurance when state farm is so competitive. The price is high and the coverage is bad. And what is worst, they don't want to pay claims.

Just a very hard market

Good company hard market. Customers have a hard time understanding the reasoning we give them for their insurance being three times the amount of the competition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Tell us how to improve this page

What would you add or change?