Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative768 reviews

Found 768 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

Csr

This is not your typical CSR position. You do handle phone calls however, with the recent changes in the insurance world there’s a lot more tasks that have been added to this position. And this potion requires a good 2 months of training in my opinion.

Just meh

Lots of promises major lack of follow up. Very little training. Not willing to go the extra mile for it’s customers and at the end of the day that was the deal breaker

Good starter customer service job

Depends on which agent you work for on your experience. The office I worked at was wonderful just because the people I worked at were fun. The company itself isn’t the most efficient but no job is perfect.

Fun and productive agency,

I love the products sold, the agency management system was the best and user friendly I had ever used! Agent sold agency or I would have stayed with them forever!

Productive and fun

What is the best part of working at the company?I like working for David Moran the office was fun kick back andWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress here, David was cool my coworkers were nice but then came covidWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Really laid back very comfortableWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Motivating, no stress enjoyed working at Farmers Insurance

if the manager or owner likes to work wih the employees and listening and being involved and cares you willlove it there

What is the best part of working at the company?owners are in compatition do not care of employeesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?not being tought the business expectto knowWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?the income potential and varios business options What is a typical day like for you at the company?8-5 steady but stressful work invironment very hostile

Positive work environment

Managers were very down to earth people and coworkers were the same. Agents can be a bit much to deal with but the company was fine to work for.

Good job

Good job with flexibility depending on the agent that you work for. Most offices are Mon-Friday and off holidays which is a plus. Long term career opportunities.

Productive and fun workplace

Chance to grow, great hours, the team is always there to support you so that you are never alone. There is also free coffee in the break room to help with those long days

good. I like it and working with the supervisor and her office manager.

What is the best part of working at the company?Good Person to work with it was a temporary position just customer service and direction from the Insurance agent. with encouragement to to get finger printed. Which I did . She also mentiongettingget licensed. I have notdoned that yet. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?not knowing the system and not being fully knowledgeable of the quotes to finalize the quote to the customer. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?okay. The supervisor was very sweet and the new office manager was okay. What is a typical day like for you at the company?waiting for the phone to ring wanting to learn how we could bring in the leads and assisting the customers

Inconsistent training and management

Inconsistent training and management. When I started you had 5 months of training, most of it was just watching videos and getting ready for the policy exam. You had to basically memorize policy information that you wouldn't need to know to pass a test. You had about a month on the phones only taking billing calls then bam right into policy calls once your test came back passed. Training for people coming in after me went down to less than 3 months, none of the advisors felt ready at all. They changed management a lot, expected everyone to know 3 separate systems to be able to work on one persons policy. Also not training people on the new system they were rolling out, so if we got a new policy, transfer to an advisor that new the system.

Good training, passed exam

Pay was okay, wish it was higher. Training was good since I passed the insurance exam on first try. Would have liked more support when out of training.

Productive and a fun work environment.

What is the best part of working at the company?All the training & tools they offer when the company makes changes/updates their system. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?All the changes happening & having to learn to do things another way.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The company is very family oriented.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Helping clients with questions and changes they’d like to make to their account.

Was ok

Training and management could be better. Too much fluff during training and felt time was not used effectively. Would not consider returning to this company in the future.

Fun place

I think it is a great job and a great environment to be in. Pay is great and so is pto. Everyone is caring and understanding. Weekly meetings with a group.

Okay

the work was okay. the people okay, the work and job itself, was okaybasically they needed help with motivating employees. 2 things missing: Clear Goals and Expectations: Ensure that employees understand their roles and responsibilities clearly. Set achievable goals and provide regular feedback on their performance. When employees know what is expected of them and see their progress, they are more likely to stay motivated.4. Flexibility and Work-Life Balance**: Offer flexible work arrangements whenever possible, such as remote work options or flexible scheduling. Supporting employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance can improve morale and motivation.

Great overall

Productive and fun Workplace. Good benefits and vacation privileges lots of incentives for good performance and good management practices and policies

Nah

Farmers used to be a decent company to work for but now it’s all about numbers and finding ways to micromanage and making employees uncomfortable and stressed the out to the point of forcing people out without firing them. There’s barely any 1-1 meetings, peer support is little to no help and the turnover rate is high AF. If you do work here get the 6 months to a year( if u can bear it that long) experience and move on.

Pros

PTO and Peers

Cons

Everything else

Co-workers

Had a great team of co-workers who looked out for each other. The management was fine. Vacation and benefits were pretty decent. I enjoyed my time there.

Horrible

Management doesn’t listen, the call center is flooded with calls daily and a low staff which makes them say you aren’t hitting quota. And the customers sucks

Pros and Cons

The tuition reimbursement and flexible schedules were nice perks. The performance rating system left much to be desired. Very much numbers based even though it’s stated behavioral based.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Tell us how to improve this page

What would you add or change?