Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews for Claims Representative

Claims Representative234 reviews

Found 234 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

Ok if you put in long hours

Decent benefits. Some flexibility is allowed. A lot of ongoing changes & turnover. Ability to fully work remote has been eliminated in many roles depending on distance from an office.

Farmers Changed

In the earlier years was a fantastic place to work. It was like family, then Zurich came along and everything changed. Employees stopped being important and the business went to downhill.

Productive and Caring workplace

Everyone was treated like family. The company truly cared about their clients and employees. Good pay and many opportunities of advancement. Great benefits.

It's OK

Average salary, better-than-average benefits. Unfortunately 3-day week hybrid schedule was recently implemented and prior emphasis on work-life balance has been abandoned.

A once great company to work for, now making every wrong decision

Company over promises and under delivers for their employees. After working from home for 4 years with a promise that it was permanent, employees are being forced back into an office with the only reason provided being "Collaboration". Along with the return to office they unexpectedly fired over 11% of their employees via a video chat followed by an email that let you know if you survived the cuts or not.On top of all of this, they removed any potential promotions or advancement for the year and when you ask why you should continue to exceed work expectations they say you just should because it could help next year if they offer promotions.Employees who request accommodations signed off by their doctors are being forced to sit together in their own little corner of the office because butts in an office means more than employee mental health.I used to brag to friends and family that I worked here and how happy I was and how amazing the company was. Now I have turned away dozens of people from applying to this once great company.

Pros

Pto, 401k

Cons

Low Pay, No advancement, Untrustworthy CEO/Upper Management, False Promises

This place is in shambles, new CEO is a joke, supervisors dont bat for you.

You are loaded with claims consistently, which is fine, it is the job. Your teammates seem to be the real support at this company rather than the management. New CEO has no relationship skills and is out of touch with his employees. You can work non stop, show great results and management will still find a way to drag your rating (what effects your raise/bonus) down as well as find ways to keep you from promoting. The people that work there, barring most management is why I was able to tolerate this job as long as I did. I wouldve gone crazy without my teammates.

Pros

Teammates, flexibility in shift hours, decent communication.

Cons

Management, Ceo, compensation

Miserable with lots broken promises

What is the best part of working at the company?Co has changed and slams you with work then when your survey scores suffer they really get on youWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Workload and inconsistency Lack of mgr backupWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile and discriminatory They put on a fake coverWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Lots of work my and broken promises

Very busy.

Culture is changing but I do have a lot autonomy to make decisions. Claims reps are worked to hard and have to handle multiple states due to low staffing

Pros

Job safety

Cons

Work life balance

Exhausting job

Upper management is out of touch with reality. Direct coworkers are great to work with. Mentally and emotionally tiring job and they don’t care that we’re struggling and need help

Not enough support.

They expect you to handle multiple claims while also taking up to two hours of your day working other claims. We are often held to a higher standard compared to other departments.

Wonderful place to work

Absolutely love this company. Great perks, amazing people. Everyone is like family. I’m respected and there’s room for upward or lateral growth. The job can be tough but the company is fantastic. Best place I’ve ever worked.

Official response from Farmers Insurance Group

June 26, 2023
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave this comment! So glad to hear about your positive experience.

What is the best part of working at the company?Stability, independence, benefits, etc.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Whenever there was a catastrophe, the astronomical number of claims that you receive at one time.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?You build a family type relationship.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work from the start of day till the end.

Long summer hours

Great place to work if you want ot in the summertime. Winter can be slow but if a storm comes through your area you will have lots of work to do. Stable organization with a cloudy long term outlook.

low morale and leadership is lacking

ok place if you need a job or are just getting started in the insurance industry, but the long term prospects are pretty bleak. Upper management is not trustworthy.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Many

Not disability friendly

Do not ever get a disability while working here because they will not stick to the reasonable accommodations request and make you feel like you’re a problem when you ask for anything from your reasonable accommodations.

The worst job I’ve ever had

Overworked and underpaid. Chances of promotion were dependent on metrics only. No matter how good you were at your job, management would find an issue.

Flexible work schedule is nice

Training is lacking. Pay and benefits are good. Ability to work up the ladder not so good, job transfer/cross training non-existent. I'd transfer but no jobs to transfer to within the company and no jobs in my local area that pay as well. Company preaches diversity and inclusion, but this only applies to certain company pet projects.

It's a job

Hard to move up. Typical call center. Boring and repetitive. Not exactly competitive pay. Ridiculous metrics for adherence and tried constantly to feed us the farmers Kool aid

It's a job

Way too much turnover

I'm a catastrophe adjuster, I've been with them for over 10 years and the company acknowledges high turnover, but will not change process to address the real reason why so many people are leaving.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Very little consistency in leadership direction.

A great place to start and launch your career

I love the company culture. It's also a great place to meet new people and collaborate as a team. Benefits are great overall. The work load can be overwhelming at times.

Pros

401k company match is great

Cons

Long hours and little Work Life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question