Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews for Claims Adjuster

Claims Adjuster245 reviews

Found 245 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

Good Work Life Balance

There is a really good understanding of the need for a solid work life balance. The workload is manageable but the processes and procedures are constantly changing.

Stressful, poor leadership and poor training

What is the best part of working at the company?Company car, work from home and at times a flexible schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Little to no training, high claims volume, unrealistic expectations set by management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful, little to no help from supervisors

Culture shock

I took a job at Farmers due to the “culture” and work/life balance that is promised. This culture was second to none! Good people at every rung and these people viewed you as the person you were. They celebrated your personal and professional accomplishments every chance possible. The culture that once was, is now long gone. Employee turnover was minimal and people truly believed in the company. Now employee turnover is excessive. Keep in mind, new employees will go through roughly 5-8 months of training before beginning a workload. Exact statistics are not know, but roughly a third of new hires resign after completing training, to hire onto another carrier. Employees now are given unrealistic expectations and workloads that 5 employees used to handle. September 2023, Farmers CEO announced by email that 11% of the company was fired, effective immediately. Employees like myself had to pause field inspections to wait on news of my employment. Career Farmers employees lost their jobs and livelihoods on a “path to profitability”. Farmers’ supervisors were constant and steady. In our state leadership job vacancies were rare. Almost every tenured supervisor from this time last year has moved on to another company. Some of the best employees of the state have now departed. Our upper management is completely disconnected from reality as only numbers matter. Overtime was once an option. Now overtime is a requirement unless you want to proceed to drown in your work. Annual raises are based on performance, yet most performance goals are simply not realistic. You will not be rewarded for -

Pros

Company car

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, poor culture, low pay for position

Supportive and Flexible

Love working in liability claims department. Farmers offers flexible work days and great support from supervisors. Great work life balance and cool coffee machine.

Tough work good benefits and decent pay , the claims can be challenging and very metric based the training overall should be better , and the surveys count

Bad Management

Getting assigned to a bad manager at this employer is a career ending move. Little to no support. Unrealistic performance expectations. Training is great but support when training is over is minimal and graduating from training without the necessary skillset to perform is cataclysmic.

Free

I am able to work on my own. I can work from home as well as work in the road. It is great to get our on the open road. Can be a taxing job as well. Overall its ok .

It's different

Once loved my job. It's different after the pandemic. Not all bad, just different. Going back to the office, but not working with the people in your office... Most go to the office to work virtaully

You’re just a number

Never in my life have I ever experienced such a lack of culture from a company or a position. Outside of this, it’s impossible to feel as if you’re not in the hole, because you’re constantly sent new work, following up on old work, and feeling as if you’re drowning. The pay and benefits are pretty good. You practically get free gas, great 401(k) and generous PTO (that you guilty for using, as you push your work onto other people). The management is spotty on if it’s actually effective or not. The supervisors are typically very knowledgeable, but make it seem as if you’re really bothering them if you’re asking for help and then push you onto other adjusters (who are also busy like you) to help you.

Pros

Pay, benefits, and PTO

Cons

Culture, management, and general enjoyability of the job

Productive fun workplace

Excellent training. Great teammates and management. Would recommend to friends , family , and others. Company does a lot for employees and community. hope to work hard and advance

Learn Quickly

Apparently right out of training they want you to do the job as if you have been working there for years. After four weeks on the floor I received a "memo" which basically is a write up for not doing my job correctly. Yes, day one I was lost but by my third week I at least had an idea what I was doing. My metrics were as good as other team members, granted they had more work load, but compared to the other new person we were the same. After my 6th week I get terminated. Even in training they told us it could be three to six months before we know what we are doing and performing at a decent level. My manager wanted other team members to help me but they are busy with their own work and could do so much. My manager should have been helping me not another rep.

Pros

Friendly teammates

Cons

Expectations too high, Management not helpful

Finances valued more than employees

The entire culture of the company has shifted over the last couple years. Long-term employees would often say how Farmers takes care of its employees, but no more. After confirming most positions would be permanently virtual after the pandemic leadership decided to change to hybrid. Thousands of employees were laid off with no notice August 2023, and drastic structural changes to the company are being made with no input from the workers doing the impacted jobs. Several departments have been eliminated in favor of 3rd party vendors, and long time employee benefits are being discontinued.

Long learning curve

It has a very long learning curve for those with zero knowledge on how homes are built. The seasoned reps are very helpful but during busy season it’s a lot of patience and work trying to remember everything.

Good benefits and pay, lots of volume and stress

Management seems to really care and want you to succeed but claim volume was always excessive and even if your territory slowed down, thanks to the virtual world, you were just given claims from other states to try and handle.

Great culture in the property team, takes a lot of time to move up

Enjoy working with peers, non toxic environment, high pressure and pay compensation not enough for desk adjusters, difficult to move up however direct leadership is great to work with and will try to assist in the process the best they can. Upper level leadership poor communication, however direct leadership is incredible, great benefits and time off but health insurance is expensive

Pros

Benefits, culture, time off, culture

Cons

high pressure, not enough financial compensation

Overworked

You are overworked and underpaid, and asking for a raise goes nowhere. There is no room to negotiate the annual STIP, assuming you get one. There is little room to make mistakes, despite the workload you receive.

Lots of Knowledgeable

My first claims job and I gain a lot of knowledge over the years alot has changed very flexible but the metrics started getting more stressful also the diferent type of things you will do can start to get to you

Awful

Do not do it it is not worth it. You will not be trained properly and then you will have extremely high claims load on top of it. If you have prior adjuster experience it probably isn’t that bad

Great pay/benefits - unrealistic expectations

Great place to learn and grow your skills. However, the expectations were astronomical and only got worse as time went on. Supervisors were supportive and understanding for the most part.

High Volume

High volume claim load. The work environment is very fast pace. The company benefits are great including PTO and Retirement. Flexible work arrangements.

I love working here and I love the people. It’s a great place to work with very flexible time. Great benefits in great pay. Managers are great and very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question