Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 5,869 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

Good company, very little support

Good company, great products even a bit pricey. Working here is not advised as the DMs are not interested in seeing new agents advance it seems. They provide very little support and are not interested in doing anything other than holding a occasional meeting.

Productive and fun workplace

Chance to grow, great hours, the team is always there to support you so that you are never alone. There is also free coffee in the break room to help with those long days

You’re just a number

Never in my life have I ever experienced such a lack of culture from a company or a position. Outside of this, it’s impossible to feel as if you’re not in the hole, because you’re constantly sent new work, following up on old work, and feeling as if you’re drowning. The pay and benefits are pretty good. You practically get free gas, great 401(k) and generous PTO (that you guilty for using, as you push your work onto other people). The management is spotty on if it’s actually effective or not. The supervisors are typically very knowledgeable, but make it seem as if you’re really bothering them if you’re asking for help and then push you onto other adjusters (who are also busy like you) to help you.

Pros

Pay, benefits, and PTO

Cons

Culture, management, and general enjoyability of the job

good. I like it and working with the supervisor and her office manager.

What is the best part of working at the company?Good Person to work with it was a temporary position just customer service and direction from the Insurance agent. with encouragement to to get finger printed. Which I did . She also mentiongettingget licensed. I have notdoned that yet. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?not knowing the system and not being fully knowledgeable of the quotes to finalize the quote to the customer. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?okay. The supervisor was very sweet and the new office manager was okay. What is a typical day like for you at the company?waiting for the phone to ring wanting to learn how we could bring in the leads and assisting the customers

Inconsistent training and management

Inconsistent training and management. When I started you had 5 months of training, most of it was just watching videos and getting ready for the policy exam. You had to basically memorize policy information that you wouldn't need to know to pass a test. You had about a month on the phones only taking billing calls then bam right into policy calls once your test came back passed. Training for people coming in after me went down to less than 3 months, none of the advisors felt ready at all. They changed management a lot, expected everyone to know 3 separate systems to be able to work on one persons policy. Also not training people on the new system they were rolling out, so if we got a new policy, transfer to an advisor that new the system.

claims dept (admin)

love working with Farmers but the company is headed downhill - fast. In the Troy office, there have been 3 rounds of lay offs in the past 6 months, and more to come.

overworked and no work life balance

Work life balance is lacking. Previous MetLife employee, bought out by Farmers. After a year and a half they cut /laid off 11% of the work force to then turn around 4 months later and hire new. Lay offs were unprofessional and by email.

Good training, passed exam

Pay was okay, wish it was higher. Training was good since I passed the insurance exam on first try. Would have liked more support when out of training.

Helpful co workers

Good company with helpful co workers. Challenging but solid work. Able to work independently to achieve common goals. I enjoyed working at this company.

No good long term

Can’t compete in this market everyone I know has left the business it’s very cut throat and all tho I liked the company and the business it’s not practical and in a crisis.

Productive fun workplace

Excellent training. Great teammates and management. Would recommend to friends , family , and others. Company does a lot for employees and community. hope to work hard and advance

Productive and a fun work environment.

What is the best part of working at the company?All the training & tools they offer when the company makes changes/updates their system. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?All the changes happening & having to learn to do things another way.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The company is very family oriented.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Helping clients with questions and changes they’d like to make to their account.

Was ok

Training and management could be better. Too much fluff during training and felt time was not used effectively. Would not consider returning to this company in the future.

Fun place

I think it is a great job and a great environment to be in. Pay is great and so is pto. Everyone is caring and understanding. Weekly meetings with a group.

wrote policies/managed households

it was decent - but they change up so much - would not recommend. policies non renewed a lot - needed wild documentation for things. overall would not do it again

Learn Quickly

Apparently right out of training they want you to do the job as if you have been working there for years. After four weeks on the floor I received a "memo" which basically is a write up for not doing my job correctly. Yes, day one I was lost but by my third week I at least had an idea what I was doing. My metrics were as good as other team members, granted they had more work load, but compared to the other new person we were the same. After my 6th week I get terminated. Even in training they told us it could be three to six months before we know what we are doing and performing at a decent level. My manager wanted other team members to help me but they are busy with their own work and could do so much. My manager should have been helping me not another rep.

Pros

Friendly teammates

Cons

Expectations too high, Management not helpful

Okay

the work was okay. the people okay, the work and job itself, was okaybasically they needed help with motivating employees. 2 things missing: Clear Goals and Expectations: Ensure that employees understand their roles and responsibilities clearly. Set achievable goals and provide regular feedback on their performance. When employees know what is expected of them and see their progress, they are more likely to stay motivated.4. Flexibility and Work-Life Balance**: Offer flexible work arrangements whenever possible, such as remote work options or flexible scheduling. Supporting employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance can improve morale and motivation.

My office team and I had fun.

High pace throughout the day. As any other sales job, you have good clients and then you have clients that should be in another world. You have to work extremely hard to make a decent living.

Stay away

Farmers insurance used to be a great company dedicated to the success of its agents. Now, they couldn’t care less. Constant changing of initiatives and no clear vision of the path forward or who they are as a company. Stay away!

Not a bad job or environment, just not amazing pay!

Many duties to do and things to learn. The atmosphere was great as well as the people. There is just no room for growth or advancement, the hourly pay is barely beating minimum wage even though you have to have a license to sell insurance and having other education on top does not matter. Bonus and commission are often hard because insurance rates are in the tank! The job was enjoyable because of the people and it was very flexible with kids and schedules.

Pros

working from home on snow days...

Cons

No advancements, low pay...

Great Company

Fits my lifestyle and compensation/commissions are generous. Remote, flexible, biweekly pay, boss is great. Coworkers are friendly and down to earth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question