Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 5,869 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

Good company, very little support

Good company, great products even a bit pricey. Working here is not advised as the DMs are not interested in seeing new agents advance it seems. They provide very little support and are not interested in doing anything other than holding a occasional meeting.

Good

I enjoy working here , learning a lot, trainings good, management is good. I don’t like the call reviews but otherwise I enjoy working for this company.

Farmers insurance

feel more at home, more comfortable, more in control and more supported than I ever have before." "This employer genuinely cares for your growth, both professionally and personally. "I have been here about a year now, and I have not heard any grumbling about management or the company or even the co-workers

setting yourself up for failure and unhappiness

this place is terrible. if you value your sanity, do not work here. pay is trash. people are trash. there is literally zero benefits to working here.

Crt

CAT adjusters are asked to do more with less, no more backend assist, they are pushing 5 claims a day, no downtime anymore which used to be the way to keep your sanity, if weather claims are slow, you will get backend claims, money is good, but being away from home and working 14 hour days is not sustainable

Okay

Okay to work but to many systems that don't talk to each other. a lot of changes all the time trying to fix. no control of your marketing unless your are an agent. cant become an agent with marketing yourself. catch 22

It was alright

Farmers is a big corp company. Lots of changes constantly which isn’t necessarily bad. I’m not a fan of how they treat their agency owners. The compensation is definitely there though, one of the only companies I’ve seen that start with a base pay

Productive and Fun Workplace

Farmer’s was my introduction into the insurance world. Management was helpful with a very relaxed approach. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers to understand coverages in a way that nobody had ever taken the time to explain before. No complaints.

Company Growth and Necessity

Farmers Insurance as a whole has provided constant growth opportunities to Agency Owners who see a future for moving up in the industry. With a constant need for the consumer, insurance will always be in demand no matter the circumstances of our environment. Overall great corporate leadership and ways to move up in the future if you choose. We are Farmers!

Good experience but Farmers it self in California is making it really difficult to get an income with all moratories and risk management measures.

What is the best part of working at the company?Support from District office, all coworkers.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Workload could be overwhelming at times. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Worked remotely but felt like part of a team.

Good company

I was FAS. Chat/phone all day researching questions or making transactions the agents couldn't do. I only quit because California is a nightmare for all things. Insurance is no different. They have since got out of California and I wish I still worked there. Good benefits. Very generous PTO and just about every holiday off

Pros

Remote. Good benefits, including PTO we've holidays

Cons

Agents can be difficult. Co-workers suck at their job, making yours harder.

if the manager or owner likes to work wih the employees and listening and being involved and cares you willlove it there

What is the best part of working at the company?owners are in compatition do not care of employeesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?not being tought the business expectto knowWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?the income potential and varios business options What is a typical day like for you at the company?8-5 steady but stressful work invironment very hostile

Good pay but culture depends completely on your direct leader

Good pay and benefits. Lots of internal promotion. Coworkers are fantastic but leadership is too disconnected from each other and the average employee to be effective. They preach about work life balance but do not ensure it is practiced. Your direct manager will make or break your experience at Farmers.

Great

Great company, customer care and incentives in the beginning , good management. They have good insurance products and are a big company. You can find agents in every corner

Positive work environment

Managers were very down to earth people and coworkers were the same. Agents can be a bit much to deal with but the company was fine to work for.

Great place to work!

Provided great tools to work with. Management was great to communicate with! Great pay! Great Benefits! It was wonderful to work from home a few days a week.

Bad Management

Getting assigned to a bad manager at this employer is a career ending move. Little to no support. Unrealistic performance expectations. Training is great but support when training is over is minimal and graduating from training without the necessary skillset to perform is cataclysmic.

Free

I am able to work on my own. I can work from home as well as work in the road. It is great to get our on the open road. Can be a taxing job as well. Overall its ok .

It's different

Once loved my job. It's different after the pandemic. Not all bad, just different. Going back to the office, but not working with the people in your office... Most go to the office to work virtaully

Nice company, but difficult to sell

Farmers has good products, but they have a problem with their rates. It makes the products very difficult to sell. I've never sold based on having the lowest rate. I've always sold based on coverage needed. It's makes it very difficult to sell when your products are comparable to what the customer already has, but quite a bit higher in price. You'd have to lower the coverage from what they have to compete with price, and I don't agree with that practice. You're not doing what's in the best interest of the customer. If they're going to lower they're coverage to get a lower price, they might as well do that with the company they're already with.

Good job

Good job with flexibility depending on the agent that you work for. Most offices are Mon-Friday and off holidays which is a plus. Long term career opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question