Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 5,869 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

Good company, very little support

Good company, great products even a bit pricey. Working here is not advised as the DMs are not interested in seeing new agents advance it seems. They provide very little support and are not interested in doing anything other than holding a occasional meeting.

Summary of Farmers

Hardest part was having a supervisor that was a claim owner for 7 years before coming into the new role as a supervisor in which he said there isn’t training for. Unless you’re putting in 55 hours per week, the pay isn’t worth it. The culture is hard gauge as I was strictly remote. The customers were demanding, and the agents were worse. Though it’s not expressed, they (sups & coworkers) don’t like you taking PTO. If my people leader was seasoned (even for at least a year and not two days) I would have remained. Under his leadership, his pettiness, customers lying because they know how to get a reaction I am no longer with Farmers.

Pros

Overtime Pay, working Saturdays

Cons

Only 40 hours, customers who lie, not being licensed despite telling you otherwise during training

Farmers Changed

In the earlier years was a fantastic place to work. It was like family, then Zurich came along and everything changed. Employees stopped being important and the business went to downhill.

Typical day was open agency and follow up on emails and answer phone calls

Working for Bill was fun, but not financially rewarding. Commission based sales and very hard to get sales leads without paying for them. Farmers insurance is very particular about who they insure, they only want low risk and charge steep premiums

Pros

Local commute, good hours

Cons

Commission Sales

Decent

The work itself isn’t horrible just make sure your agent is getting you leads and make sure you’ll selling (which can be difficult due to farmers being one of the most expensive companies) otherwise it’s just minimum wage

Fun and productive agency,

I love the products sold, the agency management system was the best and user friendly I had ever used! Agent sold agency or I would have stayed with them forever!

Not the best job & no regard for employees

The company has little to no concern for employees & you are completely disposable at any time. The management is always in contradiction to each other regarding assignments & fault always lies with the employee.

Culture shock

I took a job at Farmers due to the “culture” and work/life balance that is promised. This culture was second to none! Good people at every rung and these people viewed you as the person you were. They celebrated your personal and professional accomplishments every chance possible. The culture that once was, is now long gone. Employee turnover was minimal and people truly believed in the company. Now employee turnover is excessive. Keep in mind, new employees will go through roughly 5-8 months of training before beginning a workload. Exact statistics are not know, but roughly a third of new hires resign after completing training, to hire onto another carrier. Employees now are given unrealistic expectations and workloads that 5 employees used to handle. September 2023, Farmers CEO announced by email that 11% of the company was fired, effective immediately. Employees like myself had to pause field inspections to wait on news of my employment. Career Farmers employees lost their jobs and livelihoods on a “path to profitability”. Farmers’ supervisors were constant and steady. In our state leadership job vacancies were rare. Almost every tenured supervisor from this time last year has moved on to another company. Some of the best employees of the state have now departed. Our upper management is completely disconnected from reality as only numbers matter. Overtime was once an option. Now overtime is a requirement unless you want to proceed to drown in your work. Annual raises are based on performance, yet most performance goals are simply not realistic. You will not be rewarded for -

Pros

Company car

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, poor culture, low pay for position

Good Work Life Balance

There is a really good understanding of the need for a solid work life balance. The workload is manageable but the processes and procedures are constantly changing.

Supportive and Flexible

Love working in liability claims department. Farmers offers flexible work days and great support from supervisors. Great work life balance and cool coffee machine.

Terrible

No training and terrible management. They promise the best training for a newly licensed agents, but will just throw you to the wolves. If you're looking for a career in insurance, this is not a good company to start with!!

Pros

Cons

No training, terrible management, low pay

Frustrating Rates & System Issues

The target market and insurable risks are getting narrowed every year. Multiple systems not able to communicate with each other makes AM/CSM very difficult and repetitive.

Great employees, horrible management

Typical day at work when you first start is non guided training. You will participate in bi weekly meetings for any questions you may have regarding the training material that you have read. The management is horrible and painfully unprepared. My experience through training was wonderful and I had amazing trainers, but that’s where the pleasantry of the job stopped. There were periods of time where I wasn’t doing anything and was not able to speak with my manager for next steps or direction. It is a three month training course, and then you are thrown into the position. I did not have any previous skills as an adjuster for the auto insurance industry. The manager had an unreasonable expectation that I would have all of the knowledge that her 10 year adjusters possessed. At the end of the three month training course I went through and passed , it was then explained to me I had a week to study and pass for the Oklahoma adjusters license. I was not given enough time to properly study for this test, and my manager advised me I was not allowed to study off the clock for that would turn into immediate termination.

Pros

One hour lunch

Cons

Horrible communication

good

Farmers is a good place to work for. Show up to work and you will be fine. Make sure your days are planned out because it's too easy to get behind with the day-to-day stuff.

Trash

Trash company, terrible training, will never work here again. Thrown to the wolves right after I got my license, micromanaged and just overall highly stressful with little support.

Nice people

Friendly people, collaborative work environment, good benefits, not-so-good compensation. RTO starts, so no more remote, not so good work-life balance

Tough work good benefits and decent pay , the claims can be challenging and very metric based the training overall should be better , and the surveys count

changing culture

culture has changed with new eco and it is not the great company it used to be. Now it Is all about unrealistic metrics that they want you to meet, ridiculous.

Productive and fun

What is the best part of working at the company?I like working for David Moran the office was fun kick back andWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress here, David was cool my coworkers were nice but then came covidWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Really laid back very comfortableWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Motivating, no stress enjoyed working at Farmers Insurance

was a great place until return to office

was promised by the previous CEO that we would be staying remote. 1 year later with a new CEO and the promise was just taken back. Expecting people to take pay cuts during a already hard financial year for many. If you can do the work at home, why must we pay for gas and many other expenses? for coffee talk? Doesnt seem like great work/life balance to me anymore.

Pros

great 401k match, Pto

Cons

forced return to office

Good opportunity

If you are willing to work hard, ride the ups and downs, and commit to this long term it is a very good opportunity. They allow you to run your own business with little interference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question