Farmers Insurance Group logo

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 5,869 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,870 reviews

Good company, very little support

Good company, great products even a bit pricey. Working here is not advised as the DMs are not interested in seeing new agents advance it seems. They provide very little support and are not interested in doing anything other than holding a occasional meeting.

Great company, but used to be better

The benefits are generous and the company promotes work life balance. However, the culture has been a problem since 2020. It used to feel like a family, now everyone seems to work for themselves, and a lot of cloak and dagger.

Pros

Work life balance

Awesome workplace

I work for an agent, I get a minimum pay. It’s not a lot but it’s a good base. She has a large book of business and in my first week I was able to sell 2 policies. I do however have previous experience selling life so that helped.

Csr

This is not your typical CSR position. You do handle phone calls however, with the recent changes in the insurance world there’s a lot more tasks that have been added to this position. And this potion requires a good 2 months of training in my opinion.

It was just ok

Lots of micromanaging, which was super frustrating. I felt like I was under a microscope all of the time My Co-workers were great and supportive though.

have lost sight of the captive agent's worthiness.

They have ruined the captive agent role by raising rates well over 35% on all personal lines. The agents are losing revenue with no recourse. The company has turned its back on the agent.

Just meh

Lots of promises major lack of follow up. Very little training. Not willing to go the extra mile for it’s customers and at the end of the day that was the deal breaker

Unrealistic workload for claims adjusters

Claims adjusters were set up to fail with impossible workloads. No matter how much you work in this salaried position, you cannot get caught up and stay caught up. Very deflating.

Pros

Great colleagues.

Cons

Workload, job security

It’s a good company to work for but

The company is a good company to work for the leaders are great to work with as well they are very welcoming and help as much as they can with anything you need.

Tricky

not much to say except don't be too trusting on the word of potential or current customers and follow the guidelines to writing good policies set by TDA.

Overworked, but good benefits

RNs were assigned more than they could possibly do in a week. But the benefits were very good. Pay was good. Just not worth the headache related to turnaround time for files.

It's what I do as a licensed agent.

What is the best part of working at the company?The freedom to work at your own pace and best products in the businessWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Getting applicants over 60 approved. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly, supportive, excellent. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Preselling, educating the customer, writing applications, getting new applicants approved through underwriting.

I was given tasks to perform and was free to work on them as I saw fit

A typical day at work was I would open the office about 8:30am, and my boss would usually work from home or have meetings he would go to during the day.He said he did not sell insurance, he would explain and teach his customers about the products available and they often said he was the only insurance agent they had met that helped them understand what they were buying.The best part of the job and the worst part of the job was the same. My son was my BOSS.

Pros

Flexible time off when needed, even up to 3 1/2 years off

Cons

I also worked from my home after hours

Stressful, poor leadership and poor training

What is the best part of working at the company?Company car, work from home and at times a flexible schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Little to no training, high claims volume, unrealistic expectations set by management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful, little to no help from supervisors

Consider employees tenure after 1 year

I did like working for them, but not so much my supervisor. She always wanted her team as rhe winning team. Now with this high performance culture it's no joke, if your not up with their stats they will write you up and fire you. I feel like after a year they expect people to know as much as the people that's been there 10 plus years!!!

Senior Property Adjuster

Farmers was a great place to work prior to 2020 and the eventual new CEO. You are merely a number now. You are expected to outperform your job duties and lack of training with zero reward.

Pros

Generous PTO

Cons

No structure. No training. Do as I say and not as I do.

Great place to work where you have autonomy in your daily schedule and not micromanaged.

A really great company to work for. They have a great benefits package and they take professional development seriously. I felt supported in my role to make decisions within my authority and comfortable to ask for help when needed.

Pros

Great benefits and work culture

Cons

Heavy workload, but manageable

Fun place

Good place to be. Bookkeeping is the bees knees. Great people to work with and for. Steller boss. Great food. Purple pies rock. Man pie dog frog fluff

Repetitive and Complex

Working here can be really stressful especially if you are in more of an assistant role under an agent. Basically all of their work load gets thrown on you and you are expected to answer every incoming call while also working on multiple alerts.

Fun place to work.

Enjoyed working with the team. A lot of fun, but worked hard when it was time. They truly seemed too care about doing what was best for people, not just making money.

Good starter customer service job

Depends on which agent you work for on your experience. The office I worked at was wonderful just because the people I worked at were fun. The company itself isn’t the most efficient but no job is perfect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Tell us how to improve this page

What would you add or change?