Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,842 reviews

Good company, very little support

Good company, great products even a bit pricey. Working here is not advised as the DMs are not interested in seeing new agents advance it seems. They provide very little support and are not interested in doing anything other than holding a occasional meeting.

Supportive and Flexible

Love working in liability claims department. Farmers offers flexible work days and great support from supervisors. Great work life balance and cool coffee machine.

Frustrating Rates & System Issues

The target market and insurable risks are getting narrowed every year. Multiple systems not able to communicate with each other makes AM/CSM very difficult and repetitive.

Great employees, horrible management

Typical day at work when you first start is non guided training. You will participate in bi weekly meetings for any questions you may have regarding the training material that you have read. The management is horrible and painfully unprepared. My experience through training was wonderful and I had amazing trainers, but that’s where the pleasantry of the job stopped. There were periods of time where I wasn’t doing anything and was not able to speak with my manager for next steps or direction. It is a three month training course, and then you are thrown into the position. I did not have any previous skills as an adjuster for the auto insurance industry. The manager had an unreasonable expectation that I would have all of the knowledge that her 10 year adjusters possessed. At the end of the three month training course I went through and passed , it was then explained to me I had a week to study and pass for the Oklahoma adjusters license. I was not given enough time to properly study for this test, and my manager advised me I was not allowed to study off the clock for that would turn into immediate termination.

Pros

One hour lunch

Cons

Horrible communication

good

Farmers is a good place to work for. Show up to work and you will be fine. Make sure your days are planned out because it's too easy to get behind with the day-to-day stuff.

Trash

Trash company, terrible training, will never work here again. Thrown to the wolves right after I got my license, micromanaged and just overall highly stressful with little support.

Nice people

Friendly people, collaborative work environment, good benefits, not-so-good compensation. RTO starts, so no more remote, not so good work-life balance

Tough work good benefits and decent pay , the claims can be challenging and very metric based the training overall should be better , and the surveys count

changing culture

culture has changed with new eco and it is not the great company it used to be. Now it Is all about unrealistic metrics that they want you to meet, ridiculous.

Productive and fun

What is the best part of working at the company?I like working for David Moran the office was fun kick back andWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress here, David was cool my coworkers were nice but then came covidWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Really laid back very comfortableWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Motivating, no stress enjoyed working at Farmers Insurance

was a great place until return to office

was promised by the previous CEO that we would be staying remote. 1 year later with a new CEO and the promise was just taken back. Expecting people to take pay cuts during a already hard financial year for many. If you can do the work at home, why must we pay for gas and many other expenses? for coffee talk? Doesnt seem like great work/life balance to me anymore.

Pros

great 401k match, Pto

Cons

forced return to office

Good opportunity

If you are willing to work hard, ride the ups and downs, and commit to this long term it is a very good opportunity. They allow you to run your own business with little interference.

Good

I enjoy working here , learning a lot, trainings good, management is good. I don’t like the call reviews but otherwise I enjoy working for this company.

Farmers insurance

feel more at home, more comfortable, more in control and more supported than I ever have before." "This employer genuinely cares for your growth, both professionally and personally. "I have been here about a year now, and I have not heard any grumbling about management or the company or even the co-workers

setting yourself up for failure and unhappiness

this place is terrible. if you value your sanity, do not work here. pay is trash. people are trash. there is literally zero benefits to working here.

Crt

CAT adjusters are asked to do more with less, no more backend assist, they are pushing 5 claims a day, no downtime anymore which used to be the way to keep your sanity, if weather claims are slow, you will get backend claims, money is good, but being away from home and working 14 hour days is not sustainable

Okay

Okay to work but to many systems that don't talk to each other. a lot of changes all the time trying to fix. no control of your marketing unless your are an agent. cant become an agent with marketing yourself. catch 22

It was alright

Farmers is a big corp company. Lots of changes constantly which isn’t necessarily bad. I’m not a fan of how they treat their agency owners. The compensation is definitely there though, one of the only companies I’ve seen that start with a base pay

Productive and Fun Workplace

Farmer’s was my introduction into the insurance world. Management was helpful with a very relaxed approach. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers to understand coverages in a way that nobody had ever taken the time to explain before. No complaints.

Company Growth and Necessity

Farmers Insurance as a whole has provided constant growth opportunities to Agency Owners who see a future for moving up in the industry. With a constant need for the consumer, insurance will always be in demand no matter the circumstances of our environment. Overall great corporate leadership and ways to move up in the future if you choose. We are Farmers!

Good experience but Farmers it self in California is making it really difficult to get an income with all moratories and risk management measures.

What is the best part of working at the company?Support from District office, all coworkers.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Workload could be overwhelming at times. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Worked remotely but felt like part of a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Farmers Insurance Group