Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,164 reviews

Good company, very little support

Good company, great products even a bit pricey. Working here is not advised as the DMs are not interested in seeing new agents advance it seems. They provide very little support and are not interested in doing anything other than holding a occasional meeting.

Constant pressure to hit quarterly goals

As an insurance company, Farmers is a decent company. In regards to being an agent there, it is not. Personally, I feel that you are set up to fail. Selling the property and casualty products (auto/home/umbrella/renters/etc) is not any issue (even on a part time basis early on, I was able to achieve those numbers). The problem is in the life insurance. You have quarterly requirements, and the product is not remotely competitive for any products worth selling (term policies $250,000 +, whole life policies of any value, etc). I was encouraged to try to sell "simple term" policies of $50,000 (simple meant no medical exam required). My issue with that is that is not usually sufficient. The underwriters for the life products are very stringent, but you are required to sell so many policies a quarter, or you are not going to continue to be an agent. That being said, if you aren't working there any more, your old policies are given to another agent to service, but those agents only get a portion of the commission (same work, less pay to the agents, more money in Farmers pockets). If given the opportunity, you would be much better off as an independent agent. Good luck.

For my job you are on a set schedule with 1/2 for lunch and 2-15 minute breaks determined by your manger.It is a fast pace environment. They are always updating or changing the system and you need to learn quickly.You do have monthly meetings with your supervisor they will tell you how well you are doing.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Quick to learn new or update process changes frequently

PDC,is very stressful under the current management

Farmers is great company to work for if you choose the correct department. The PDC. department is the very bottom of the company. Also the current management has this department in complete shambles.

Pros

Climate control

Cons

Poor management

Awesome people but not enough staff

I haven't worked there in a couple years so hopefully things have gotten better, but there weren't enough claim adjusters to handle the amount of claims coming in. They do provide great benefits and will 100% pay you for the overtime you work so thats a plus. There's also a good flexibility to the hours you work once you make it past the training. The people you work with there are amazing! Definitely the best part of the job!!

Can't build a future with Farmers

Constant client turnover due to ridiculous rate increases. I started going great 3 years in the bottom fell out and never recovered. Rates increases were astronomical, no longevity, our competition had clients for 20 years or more, Farmers could keep them for 2, constantly working their agents to keep up with the turnover. I wouldn't recommend Farmers to a new agent or a client, just a complete waste of time. Their upper management acted as if they didn't have a clue

I was with many departments and groups. Overall I loved my time there. I ended up leaving because of 1 bad manager however that isn't unlike other places. I was also given a job much closer to home.

Pros

Inclusive, Sense of Community

Cons

Bad bosses can hide easily, If you aren't moving up they are trying to get rid of you.

Not disability friendly

Do not ever get a disability while working here because they will not stick to the reasonable accommodations request and make you feel like you’re a problem when you ask for anything from your reasonable accommodations.

Stressful After Training

The job is very fast paced for the first two months of training. After that they really throw you to the lions, and with the job being remote it feels very lonely. I’m so stressed everyday I go to work, I have physical pain. The training they give you doesn’t prepare you for the job. I really don’t recommend working here especially if you’ve never worked in customer service.

Terrible place to work bad environment

No room for advancement. No mentorship and no training. Not a good place to enjoy work. I didn’t like the office politics. I also didn’t enjoy that my boss was busy so much he couldn’t teach me anything.

Sales is a form of art! Master it.

If you understand and learn sales, it’s a rewarding career. Personally, after much thought on sales as a whole industry, Financial services is where it’s at!

Insane amounts of required overtime

Uninvolved supervisors who don’t care about you. Ridiculous overtime. Nitpicky. Difficult to move within the company. Terrible training for some departments.

Deceitful. They aren’t honest with the agents

They reduce the amount of compensation on policies you have already in the agency. This isn’t helpful when you bought the agency from another agent and then don’t receive the compensation you expected from existing policies. Farmers offers bonus if you sell more policies but pricing is extremely high compared to other companies.

Friendly work culture; can move easily within the company.

Friendly work culture; can move easily within the company. The company earnestly tries to support D&I efforts. The work is interesting and projects can vary.

Official response from Farmers Insurance Group

September 26, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing this feedback! We are glad that you feel supported in your career here.

Great Company to work for and with

Farmers Insurance’s agencies are great to work with. You’re able to get the training you need if you’re barely starting it in insurance. The agent’s that I’ve worked for, have been amazing.

No longer what it used to be

Used to be good but so many changes the job is no longer enjoyable. Hard to meet objectives and metrics can change at anytime. Have lots a lot of good people.

It a workplace

The claim business is what it is- however I was never micromanaged and I had a supportive sup who allowed me to do my job, However the company can do better in terms of compensation

Pros

Depends on what you looking for. It an average company in my opinion

Cons

Load

Once Met now not great

I’ve been with the company for an extremely long time. The goals use to be obtainable, and work life balance was available, now they took away our holidays but Christmas Day and Thanksgiving (lucky them they both fall on a weekend this year), the health insurance doubled with less coverage, and we can only write 6 month terms, yet the goals are the same for premium, they no longer adjust for medical issues. Overall, this acquisition has been extremely stressful and it’s time to look for a different career. It’s not worth the money that we can’t obtain. Base pay isn’t high.

General customer service position

Farmers is a pretty good place to work. I feel it’s a fairly cut and dry CSR type of job, which can be really stressful. They do offer help in this area which is appreciated. The training is good as well, and the people I work with are great. Compensation and the PTO structure could do with some changes though.

Employees great

Employees are great to work with. I was hired through a individual agent. So please do your research before applying. Also I would prefer to work for Farmers Corp instead.

flexible

job was super flexible until I changed supervisors. Needed to get approval for flexing time every time I flexed time and it just became unnecessarily stressful

Pros

Wfh

Cons

inconsistent, always changing (but not in a positive way)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Farmers Insurance Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?