EY logo

EY Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,904 reviews

Challenging and growth enabled environment

Work is quite stressful and timings goes beyond 10 hours per day. Pay wise is low for Intern. Transition to an associate role takes a long time. Meeting tight deadlines and lack of time to learn from the seniors about the work and the role takes a considerable amount of time for the learning curve in knowing what to do in the given role and adjusting to the environment.

Cons

Pay wise for Interns quite low

Toxic work cutlure. Lack of proper management.

No work-life balance. Toxic culture. No respect for working hours. No overtime compensation. No channel to communicate greviences. No counselling. No system for appraisal. Unprofessional behaviour on part of higher-ups. Undue work pressure. Constant stress. No job security. No recognition for hard work. Expection from employees to work long hours and devote both weekend days. Salary not market competitive.

Pros

None.

Good

Stressful and no work-life balance. Bad pay and management isn’t very supportive. Promotions and bonus are fair, other than that there are many managerial issues in the company.

Exciting engagements, unique teams, great work, unhealthy work/life balance, okay salary but great benefits. Traveling a lot, so be ready to not have a life for a while however it's rewarding in terms of exeperience

Pros

Exciting engagements, unique teams, great work

Cons

unhealthy work/life balance, okay salary but great benefits

Stable and reputable firm

Very good in career growth & development Average salary & benefits for the staff work balance & stability friendly staff and enjoyable place to work with.

Professional place with challenges and continued learning

The top firm among Big4 in UAE market. The work was full of challenges handling multiple areas of client management, resource management, audit quality, revenue targets and profitability. The organisation provided excellent opportunity for technical learning and on job skill development with huge knowledge resources available around.

Pros

Fast progression, industry know how, technical updates

Cons

Long hours, lower compensation as compared to industry

A nice place to work at

My stint at EY was satisfying, with great networking, ability to work on various assignments. Moreover EY provided an excellent learning platform. Typical day at work was working on assignments from office or at a client. Hardest part of the job was working on 2-3 assignemtns at a time with strict deadlines.

Pros

Excellent work-life balance and great benefits.

Cons

Occasional working over the weekends and

Productive and fun place to work

Best company I have ever worked in where a staff can build himself and enjor my life. Great team work, job culture and organization. I training and knowledge recieved from working between various staff is exceptional.

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

Travel and long hours

Audit life

Every person knows about audit life !! The long hours, extensive knoledge in accounting practice, the diversity of clients and industries during one's tenure. Constant and comprehensive trainings throughout the year in Audit methodologies, IFRS, Time management, etc... Salaries and benefits at start are and the lower end of the scale, however, gets a henfty push once in the managerial level. BIG FOUR in general are the best way to secure your future in the financial career.

Ok company to work with

poor work life balance , discrimination based on nationality and age. Long hours and no over time paid. Good learning opportunities and exposure to various geographical markets across MENA.

Jobs at EY

See more jobs

Good job

I have worked for EY for 5 years. It is one of the big four audit firms. Overall it's a good job, especially for fresh graduates. You get good experience.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Excellent place to start a career

Enjoyee my work in Audit and Assuarance ,however wanted to move to industry and hence didnt continue for long

Pros

Employee driven

Cons

Long hrs

Good Management and experience

EY is a very good place work in. EY support their employees by providing training and very good experience. They support the Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA) which makes it easy for people to work flexibly. However the salary and benefits doesn't match the market in the UAE

Cons

long hours (45 hours) per week

Diversified Exposure to different industries such as Real Estate, Investment Groups, Construction, Manufacturing, Education and Service Sectors

Ernst & Young has played a detrimental role in my development as a professional accountant by providing me with an opportunity to work on a diversified portfolio of clients. I have been able to work both individually and in a team in most cases dealing directly with top level management at the client and executives at the firm. I have greatly enhanced by team working capabilities and have also made significant strides in playing the role of a mentor for all my junior staff. The nature of the work would usually entail highlighting and conducting a client risk assessment which would have a material impact on the company's financial statements. As part of the process, using the appropriate audit techniques and procedures to mitigate the risk and bring it down to an acceptable level. Where the risk impact is material and cannot be mitigated, informing the audit executives of the underlying risk and its potential impact on the financial statements. As part of the work, I have dealt with complex transactions such as loan refinancing, financial instruments. and incorporated the same as part of the final report to the executives and in the year end financial statements. I have very good working knowledge of MS word, excel and power point along with ERP systems such as Tally, SAP, Great Plains, etc. Due to the nature of the job, it has been difficult to strike a work life balance which I feel is something that I would look closely for in any of my future employers. I do not avoid hard work but I truly believe that striking a balance would be more productive for an employer -

Pros

Invaluable Exposure, Enhance Mentoring Skills, Ability to work as part of team and Individually

Cons

Long Working Hours, Lack of monetary and other benefits

Excellent

I've learned a lot at EY. All the staff is so professional and educated that I learn new thing almost everyday.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Lessor benifits

Productive, motivated and growing environment

Typical Day at work, is full of tasks and meetings lasting for more than 10 hours What I have learned; Each day there is new things to learn technicaly and management skills The hardest part of the job is stay balanced and concentrated all the time Changing clients and new experiences have been gained all the time

Pros

Experience, reputation

Cons

Time & salary

The hardest part of the job is the stress specially in the busy season and long working hours to meet the deadlines

Pros

growth

Cons

work-life balance

Learning and growth must be one's objective to seek employment with Ernst & Young

Ernst & Young is an amazing opportunity for young graduates who are starting off with their careers.

Pros

the learning and recognition

Cons

long hours, no additional compensation, very strict and sometimes rude bosses.

Challenging work environment

As a manager, a typical day at work involves a combination of technical work and administrative work.Technical work includes reviewing primarily year-end statutory audits of companies in various industries. The work is performed by junior staff. It involves ensuring that work is in compliance with International guidelines and best practices of the firm. Once this is completed, work is to be arranged to be reviewed by executive directors and partners.The administrative taks include staff allocation, client co-ordination, startegic meeting with partners. It also involves billing, collection and follow up on long outstanding invoices.

Pros

part of a global firm, opportunities to do more than one job in more than one location

Cons

long hours, benefits much less than industry

Working in Ernst & Young Dubai is a great opportunity for me to achieve my goals and objectives in life.

I had a chance to work with diversified culture. I directly report to the Director of the company. I monitor my staff, how many there spend in office or in the client.The enjoyable part of my job was meeting the deadlines on time while on the other hand, the hardest part is adjusting period in mingling with the people that I worked with.

Pros

a very competitive salary