EY logo

EY Management reviews

Clear

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,904 reviews

Real working environment

I joined EY from the lowest point and was promoted twice in 4 and half years, I learned everything I know in management consulting and BA fro EY. I owe them my experience and credentials. I worked with over 20 clients, two of them were national projects. I worked in almost every office in GCC countries and I loved to travel.

Good

Stressful and no work-life balance. Bad pay and management isn’t very supportive. Promotions and bonus are fair, other than that there are many managerial issues in the company.

• Successful management of diverse portfolio, leading large teams in performing assurance engagements in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing and the EY audit methodology. • Prepared and ensured compliance to budgetary control of portfolio and other organizational policies leading to 5% increase in profitability

Pros

Flexible and growth

Cons

No work / life balance

It is a great place to learn evolve and assess yourself

I have been fortunate enough to be a part of the organisation and learn and groom my overall personality alongwith my intellectual development. EY believes in team building and which has helped me to evolve my inter-personnel and relationship management skills

Productive en leerzaam

Ik heb met EY-Dubai gewerkt. De professionals van Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services stonden cliënten terzijde bij complexe gevallen van fraude, naleving van regels en zakelijke geschillen. we helpen opdrachtgevers om zaken op te lossen en strategieën te ontwikkelen. Een belangrijk onderdeel van je werkzaamheden: we helpen organisaties om risico’s effectiever te beheersen.

Pros

uitdaging

Cons

langwerken

n/a

The most enjoyable part is working on new projects, analyzing new industries. EY has very good workplace culture and management. Hardest part would be work/life balance.

Day in day out

-Depends on how often you check your emails over the weekend or are expecting something urgent to work on as soon as you get in. This typically can vary from individual to individual depending on grade and team they work with. -I have gained significant knowledge working at Ernst & Young ranging from Data analysis working on multiple dashboards for multiple clients both internally & externally; gained significant knowledge on Powerpoint, Word and Excel tools knowledge that I failed to learn outside of EY. -Time management is not really very effective at EY as you end up most of the time either working over the weekend or overtime due to poor time management by your superior or just a typical work dumped on your lap by end of the day expected to be completed early next day. -Hardest part of EY is that it is mainly a sink or swim job you have to learn fast and on your own rarely do you get any proper guidance with any new job or task given (you mainly rely on your networking skills to find out how it is done or get a grasp of it) -Most enjoyable part of my job at EY is that we are able to work remotely from client sites from home from different offices (we are not tied down to a certain office)

Pros

Remote work capability

Cons

Long hours, unpaid overtime, lack of work/life balance

Work culture and knowledge base

Good place for fresher to start career and teaches time management with multi culture colleagues. Young and energetic team makes us to improve our knowledge in the same field and overall market.

Professional place with challenges and continued learning

The top firm among Big4 in UAE market. The work was full of challenges handling multiple areas of client management, resource management, audit quality, revenue targets and profitability. The organisation provided excellent opportunity for technical learning and on job skill development with huge knowledge resources available around.

Pros

Fast progression, industry know how, technical updates

Cons

Long hours, lower compensation as compared to industry

Best Service Organisation

Best Service Organisation Amazing management Normal worklife balance Equality Dominance in Middle East Overall I recommend everyone to try to join this Company

Jobs at EY

See more jobs

Challenging and Intresting

EY is one of the big four and by far is one of the most favorable places to work in due to its amazing learning curve whereas everyday is a a different challenge, a different industry and a different contact. It also has great culture and promoted diversity as witnessed to get involved with people with nationalities from all over the world. The Management at EY are always there to help and assist in understanding certain processes to boost your overview of audit and how to best approach it. Only issue is the work/life balance whereas additional hours are constantly charged.

Audit life

Every person knows about audit life !! The long hours, extensive knoledge in accounting practice, the diversity of clients and industries during one's tenure. Constant and comprehensive trainings throughout the year in Audit methodologies, IFRS, Time management, etc... Salaries and benefits at start are and the lower end of the scale, however, gets a henfty push once in the managerial level. BIG FOUR in general are the best way to secure your future in the financial career.

Great learning environment

On a normal weekday, during the early hours I would be speaking to the manager on the job, finding out what his/her expectations and objectives are based on clients' demands. Meetings are set with the client once or twice weekly (depending on client's request) to discuss client's expectations and organize the team's schedules. We conduct weekly and monthly meetings with the client and the manager on the job so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations. Our main goal is to achieve quality work and deliver on time. The rest of the week goes in gathering information, testing and reviewing data and documenting test results based on supporting documentation and validation from the client. Finally we conduct internal meetings to update the manager on the job and we conduct a final meeting to communicate the review results with the client. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and report writing and reporting to the manager and client. My role also involves completing the day to day tasks such as managing the project's budget and quality assurance. The hardest part of the job is figuring out what works for each team member depending on communication style, motivations and preferences. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new everyday and creating friendly connections with the managers and the team members.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

Gain a lot of experience in auditing

I would like to say that time spent in Dubai Ernst and Young ("EY") office was incredible. EY Dubai is really multinational and multicultural company, where everyone respect each other. The most enjoyable part of my work is that I had an opportunity to work with different nationality people from various countries. They used to share with me a lot of interesting facts and stories about their countries. The management of the company is very loyal and every time eager to help you in each and every tough situations.

Pros

good working environment

Productive and fun place where we can meet new people

I have learned to work when under pressure which I personally feel is a great achievement especially when meeting deadlines is a crucial part of our job . The appreciation after is indeed a great motivation . Of-course the management is always ready to help and guides us immensely .

Professional organisation to work

The positive pressure keeps you moving ahead in life. People are supportive and motivating. People management skills are best learned here.

Pros

Self respect

Cons

Long working hours

Enjoyable place

Ernst & Young is a very active place where I have met with a lot of clients in different areas of industries. This has helped me learn about the different standards and risky areas of the different industries. It also added to me how to deal with different people with different attitudes at both the clients' level and company level. Management of EY is a cooperative management where its main concern is always its employees, who are the main assets of the firm through helping in the revenue generation process for the firm. The job is not easy because an employee might be handling more than one client at the same time especially during the heavy season time. This might create some confusion and work pressure to the employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it facilitates getting to know more people from different cultures through getting in touch with different clients.

Working with EY as senior financial auditor has provided me to gain understanding in financial reporting, internal controls and risk assesment.

a typical day at work would be coordinating with clients and staff, conducting team planning events and to formulate the audit strategy review the audit working paper of the staff assigned and performing audit procedure and testing the internal controls of the client assigned preparing conclusion documents such as audit strategy memorandum, management letter and financial statements under IFRS During the course of several audit engagements where I have performed and learned the following: how to coordinate with the client preparing budget for the engagement assessing the independence of the audit engagement. Performing test of controls on accounting cycles such as revenue, payroll, purchases, cash receipts and disbursements. Performing audit procedure based on the risk based audit strategy on all line items of statement of financial position and statement of comprehensive income. Preparing conclusion documents such as ISA 260 letter, Management letter, overall financial analytical review and financial statement based on IFRS. EY is one of the largest accounting, audit and advisory firm and its management is professional and have maintained high integrity all over the world. EY has a friendly environment and have enjoyed my tenure. Long working hours which compelled me to sometimes compromise my personal life Most enjoyable part was to work with different nature of clients and industries.

Pros

deputation, training, technical trainings such as IFRS and ISA

Cons

Long Hours

Productive work place

Time management, Double Shifts work, Co-workers are friendly and cooperative.

Pros

Experience with the leader of Big Four

Cons

Late Sittings, Tough Deadlines

Good Place to work

Balanced Team at Management level. Intensive work Pressurizing Deadlines Supportive Bosses

Interesting and diverse

Work starts at 7:45am, checking server room, air cons, and data back ups. Attending to help desk calls and communicating with team members located in other offices. I have have gained a lot of knowledge from interacting with personnel from different backgrounds and cultures, and how to work as an effecting integrated team. Management always encourages us to put that extra effort so that we all succeed. As for my co-workers, they are fun to work with, they ask interesting IT questions all the time and I am always willing to answer their inquiries. The hardest part of the job is when I am working with a tight on-line deadline and there is network outage, or when I am not provided with the proper tool to do my job effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is when management decides to take everyone out for a treat or performing some outside recreational activities such as sport.

Pros

The occassional eat out lunches and sport

Cons

Sometimes limited resources e.g. internet connectivity
  • EY