Exterran

Exterran Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates39 reviews

Accelerated project delivery environment

Exterran is known as a compressor package delivery company in the past. However, they have expanded their portfolio into Oil and Gas EPCC and BOOT type jobs in a simple and fastpaced project schedule which is challenging but is also an experience on its own. This is what I enjoy.

Strong company but future uncertainty

Over the past 7 years the life and Belleli now Exterran has been pleasant,however the work post was always at risk due to uncertainties related to projects and management decisions which could not guarantee continuity. Pretty much working with the suitcase ready because anytime could be the day

productive and fun

I had 8 working hours for 6 days in one week. I've learned a lot about using power tools. THe management were good, they pay us on time. The workplace is good. The hardest part of the job was working inside confined space however the most enjoyable part was being with my cool and funny workmates.

Pros

free laundry and food

Cons

long hours of work

Company is good but unfortunately management is ok. Doing fast track projects with poor quality of engineering. Rest everything is fine. Can not expect more.

good

MNC working clture well management good ergomics IT support good employee welfare is very good MNC working clture well management good ergomics best work

good working environment

good working environment and ambiance management skills better management useful colleagues long working hours handling the team members

Pros

free lunch provided by company

Cons

long working hours

Excellent performance

I have awarded from our procurement department as best performance. I have long experience in Procurement.

Productive and fun workplace

FEED, HAZOP, Project Management, Manufacturing, Logistics, Site assembly, Commissioning, AMS and Project closeout of O&G equipment.

creative workplace

Exterran’s legacy of project success helps lower operational and financial risk to operators around the globe. Exterran Corporation is a worldwide market leader in oil and gas production equipment, natural gas compression, produced water treatment solutions, and gas processing and treating. From wellhead to pipeline, we are proud to partner with our clients to deliver experience, expertise and unrelenting commitment to service. With resources spanning oil and gas producing regions worldwide, we have the engineering design, equipment fabrication, site installation and more to help ensure our clients’ operations are covered. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Exterran Corporation has approximately 7,000 employees and operates around the world.

Excellent work place

My company is considered my second home, I find my self very engaged with my team and other functions across the company. Inspiring leaders who "walk the talk" with clear company vision and mission makes every one around the company important and his opinion matters.

Site work and Inspections

The day starts with reviewing all the requests for Inspections which leads to carrying out all the due inspections and making subsequent reports. The work environment is extremely friendly and encouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job is when i am on site and get to perform various activities at different locations, being the only girl working with other fellow engineers. My co workers are supportive and are ready to extend a helping hand, if needed. The hardest part of the job is to convey the problem and non conformity to labor due to language barrier. In this job, I have gained hands on experience on site, dealing with a vast variety of instruments, cables and their testings. I have also experienced leadership skills by managing a team of workers under me and to co exist in an efficient way with people from various ethnicities.

Pros

Elaborate Lunches by the company, transport is provided

Cons

Working under the sun, long hours at site

Well established company to work domesticaly and internationaly

Well established and stuffed company in oil and gas business, producing high quality equipment and services for gas processing and treatment, gas compression, production equipment and AMS.

Strong American Vibe but with missing support for development

During my short time in the Exterran Dubai Offices I have experienced quite an unbalanced company culture with a very hesitant and confused management. The employees working there are nice and have strong skills and talents. To me Exterran is simply failing to use their workforce the right way to promote the strong company culture like they used to in the year 2012 as Houston top 7 companies to work for.

Pros

Great people in the team

Cons

Management has no clear direction

Good work place and working culture

I very much enjoying my work with this company. All managers, supervisors and co-workers are very helpful and cooperative.

A real place for work

Fun work place with supportive management.Decent amount of work and no pressure. My company is greatest place for work. We all are happy to work in that situation.

Diconnected company, poor communication

Your job title will not reflect your responsibilities, not a good company if you are looking for long term employment or stability

Pros

paycheck

Cons

Here today gone tomorrow

over all good experience working in a dynamic cultural environment. Working hour, salary and work is excellent.

Having been working in UAE for 14 years, for me the company is the best so far in terms of salary, working time, environment & benefits.

Nice place to work if business is there

They were a good player in middle east gas compression business but with current slump everyone is right scaling business. same is exterran. They are a good company only the middle east market is unpredictable.

Exterran is a great place to work

I was Great working with Exterran with good working environment and very good projects to work on. lot of exposure on different different aspects, free hand to use our previous experience and develope things. always focus on employee safety and develovped diffrent safty programms.

Pros

Cons

no cons

Interesting Industry with professional workforce.

As most of my work experience in Document Control is in Construction, I have always wondered and long to work in an oil & gas industry. When I joined this company, it has given me the opportunity to enhance my knowledge and expertise in document management. It is always a pleasure to work with professionals with a balanced company policies.

Productive and Fun work plcae

Design and checking of piping layout for Amine unit, Pumps-Piping Using PDMS Learn How to work smart Cooperative and good Helpful and Talented Delivery time is the hardest part Working is Enjoyable part

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exterran. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Exterran