Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways Culture reviews

United Arab Emirates750 reviews

Clear

Excellent man management and scope for career progression.Good work life balance.Performance based bonus.Excellent work culture.Trainings to keep one's self updated and current.

Worked for 6 years no job security

Worked in Etihad for 6 years, evey 3 to 6 month they conduct staff realignment and you are at permanent risk of being fired.Not a healty work environment which can allow to nurture talent.Because of continuous firing trust among team members is very low and politics is at peak. No one wants to get fired so everyone wishes for others to get fired so that they can save their job at cost of others.Poor leadership.Dont recommend to anyone to join Etihad regardless of Nationality.

Good work place

Good place to learn and growth, workplace culture is relaxed and flexible. It can sometimes be quite busy, though. Great colleagues and almost u meet a good people.

Ambiente de trabajo desafiante pero gratificante.

Lo recomiendo 100 % ya que es un trabajo fascinante que por su naturaleza de aprendizaje y superación engancha cada día un poco más.Al final aprendes un montón de cada una de las personas con las que trabajas y para las que trabajas porque si observas un poco todas tienen algo que enseñarte.Además viajas, conoces gente muy distinta, países, estás continuamente aprendiendo, viendo, disfrutando...

Pros

Seguro médico, viajes alrededor del mundo gratis, hospedaje gratuito y en hoteles de 4 o 5 estrellas, billetes económicos para familiares y amigos, ...

Cons

Vivir fuera de tu entorno, país, familia y amigos, vida social limitada, muchas horas de trabajo y cambios de turnos, muchas horas de sueño y jetlag o desfase horario, ...

Enjoy with the guest in working hours

Enjoy all my duty time with the college and the responsibilities I enjoy with the guest I spend more time in Etihad I enjoy my management they all very lovely. I anjoy when I have work responsibilities

Pros

Burger

Cons

1 hours

nepotismo, assoluta mancanza di meritocrazia

la busta paga è buona anche perchè è esentasse, in più offrono assicurazione sanitaria e alloggio. a parte questo il management è orribile, e nonostante i benefit ti fanno sempre sentire solo e sempre un numero.

Pros

stipendio, alloggio

Cons

management

Etihad Encourages employees to celebrate each other with peer-to-peer recognition initiatives

* Positive values*Relaxed and productive atmosphere*Commitment to excellence*Open and honest communication*Cooperation, support, and empowermentETIHAD's company culture is where every employee feels accepted, valued, and has a sense of belonging

Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Headless company.No senseof where it is going.They will not thing twice to terminate LOYAL staff to save losses incurred by their bad decision.I scratch your back and you scratch mine culture."Horse will never find a stable and will be made to stand in Sun and eventually kicked out"

Pros

Free Ticket and Discount tickets for family

Cons

Everything else

The travel was good, but not as glamorous as it seems.

Was hard work. Great lifestyle in UAE but company totally bends to unfair treatment of staff by government officials. Dubai and Abu Dhabi certainly have a western influence however the laws of the land prevail. Most of the time this was fair and reasonable, except when it wasn’t. Whatever they want to do or say goes, even if in Australia or Western cultures, it would not be considered allowed (legal) in relation to industrial relations, in their country, they make the rules and you have to comply or leave.

Pros

Travel, crew meals, colleagues who you work well with.

Cons

Demanding passengers, being treated poorly by managers.

great place to work

Good benefits, provided accommodation, medical insurance, employee support, positive working environment and dynamic tasks, get to travel the world and visit many countries

Pros

Get to travel the world, meet new people see new countries and get to know a lot of different cultures around the world

Cons

dealing in a stressful situation, knowing that your life is on the line if anything happens dealing with different type of people

Great place to work with multinational culture. Friendly staff, always helpful. Management are good and always helpful. Office environment is very good

Pros

Monthly awards

Cons

More work load

Wonderful experience very organised management is very helpful and creates a great place to work. Working Environment is amazing growth opportunity is there.

Politics too much,

Best safety ,no promotion , politics team leader , supervisor ,not increment,Basic salary very low NO FESTIVAL BONUS,STAFF FOOD QUALITY NOT GOODNO SERVICE MONEY

Pros

Best safety

Cons

Politics, no good salary

Friendly and professional.

Every flight was different. Meeting different coulegues every flight. I learnt to work as a team. Learnt about first aid and safety of different kinds of aircraftc. Workplace was very friendly but also professional.

Pros

Free travel

Cons

Jetlag

Progressive work environment

Like any other company Etihad Airways was a productive space. You get to choose how to grow. It was a great experience and I would do it again.I was promoted quickly and that happened because I showed I was hardworking and I wanted to grow. Working at Etihad provides you with a healthy competitive space, for growth and learning.

Fun workplace

Working in Etihad airways is a great experienced in my career, good salary, benifits like medical insurance, annual tikets,yearly increament, nice and safe work place with updated trainings to employees, the culture are good, the leaders and managers of the organization are great leaders.

Pros

Great

Cons

4 on 4 off

Would be great if the management didn’t change

At the beginning the company culture was great and it really felt like we belonged to the “Etihad family”. It was a place where you really felt like you belonged. After the management was changed the redundancies started and the attitude the new management had towards employees was completely different. The COVID-19 situation could’ve contributed to this but over time it just kept getting worse and worse for the crew.

Pros

Employee benefits

Cons

Reporting culture, management doesn’t take criticism well

Productive And Fun at workplace

A typical day at work was very busy but at the same time, it was enjoyable especially i am working in the line maintenance. aircraft has a limited time on ground. i learned aircraft maintenance activity and aircraft remains in the operating environment and is substantially fit to fly. Our work culture was respect each other and fairness to everyone.

Pros

Discounted Air fair

Cons

Shorts breaks

Nice place to work

Good place to work and colleagues are very helpful and of course a bit difficult period covid with lot of people retrenched due covid. Welfare facilities and social culture is good

Pros

Social

Cons

Job security

Good package but toxic working culture with a clueless management

I started working for this airline nine years ago. Package was attractive but not sustainable due to lack of budgeting skills from the management. Overtime it become less and less, but still acceptable. The worse thing about this company is the toxic working culture and a totally incompetent management. Most of activities are made just for the show, not for the actual content. Most managers have short-term, self-serving goals, inclosing a certain CEO there in 2012. No real meritocracy, just connections, without it no opportunities. Lastly there were waves of terminations, of thousands of employees, without transparency on the process. Especially about my department, cabin crew, basically there was no appreciation, total disregard for personal files etc. Just everyone suspects it was a warning less, random firing, to be done quickly. This showed the true color, of lack of communication, organization and actual care about people. Management has been a joke since day one, but it turned extremely bad once real problems rose.

Pros

health insurance, paycheck above average, free accommodation

Cons

clueless management, disorganization, waste of resources

Considered one of the best airlines in the world

Etihad Airways is one of the famous airlines in the world. Give me the opportunity to work with different cultures and travel around the world. It was a pleasure to work for Etihad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Etihad Airways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Etihad Airways Reviews by Location