Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager28 reviews
United Arab Emirates28 reviews

Excellent Airline

Overall I found Etihad Airways an excellent company to work for and I got to travel the world plus doing a job a I am passionate about, helping and assisting guest from around the globe. Thank you Etihad for affording me such a wonderful opportunity to work in a dynamic multicultural environment and meet such wonderful people.

Pros

Free Accommodation, gym, health care, transport to and from work, excellent hotels.

Cons

Long Hours

It’s a good lifestyle if you manage it well

Terrible management, no job security. Always at loss. Not consistent. You are reminded all the time that you are easily replaceable. The way they dealt with the crew in the pandemic is the worst thing you would expect.

Pros

People

Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Headless company.No senseof where it is going.They will not thing twice to terminate LOYAL staff to save losses incurred by their bad decision.I scratch your back and you scratch mine culture."Horse will never find a stable and will be made to stand in Sun and eventually kicked out"

Pros

Free Ticket and Discount tickets for family

Cons

Everything else

Challenging environment and management cultures - but overall rewarding, and learned and experienced lots.

Etihad is a fantastic multicultural experience. There is some unfairness and inequality in Abu Dhabi which you just have to accept.Overall if you work hard and achieve good results you will be looked upon favourably, as everything is measured.

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

Insecurity, fears and inequality

Gréât place to work in

I would simply say this: I would have never achieved the career and personal goals I have reached today if not for Etihad. Very grateful to Etihad for the amazing 8 years I had in AD. Even though I was let go due to corona, but I will always remember the skytraks winner and the amazing opportunities the job gave to me. I will always be proud.

Challenging

Every day had its challenge, no two days were the same, that being said standards had to be met, safety and security were priority and guest were treated amazing well. I enjoy the challenge Etihad set out for me and I would still be there if I wasn’t made redundant.

Pros

Salary and life style

Cons

Undesirable hours and different time zones were not good for your body.

It was a memorable time being with them

I was happy when I joined this company However, when the crisis came I think the redundancy procedure was not fair base on the performance.It was done randomly which is very unfair and painful, for an employee who gave all the time, effort and dedication to help the business.

Pros

Pampered

Cons

No security on jobs

Excellent place to work for travel enthusiasts

Tough working hours - early starts and late finishes, frequently working through the night. Travel anywhere in the world, great travel benefits, requires a lot of patience when working as part of a team after no sleep for 16 + hours, face to face interaction with hundreds of customers.

Good travel benefits, accommodation, transportation and lifestyle security. The organization values people with inovative ideas and colleagues are super helpful and understanding.

Lots of improvements required - put employees first

Too much bullying from management who think this is their personal airline. To move forward you really have to be in with the right manager. Discrimination is so rampant and transparent. The senior executive are above any scrutiny; do as they please and not accountable for their errors. So much wrong with this company, which is sad because grass roots employees are fantastic!

Fun but hard work

Challenging work as you have to give up any normal routine because most of the work is done at night time. Good benefits and compensations from this company

Simply what is Etihad Airways

The time i spent with EY was a waste of time and one fact was noted...Its all about who you are drinking with or who you are sleeping with! Managers selection was based on personal relation ships!

Professional and challanging workplace

Exciting workplace with great potential to learn and develop your knowledge and experience with over 125 nationalities and challenging environment in the aviation industry.

Positive Energy everyday

Everyday at work as a Cabin Manager is a new challenge and a new energy should be loaded as we are dealing with different guests and different coworkers everyday. Airlines field has so many challenges such as daily complaints and delays challenges, which needs a professional people to handle it on the right way. The most fun part about my job is flying everywhere around the world, meet new cultures everyday, being flexible with everyone and how to be professional at all times

a flight to brazil

In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks , as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, attended and led pre-flight briefings to review emergency evacuation procedures, expected issues, and crew coordination plans.I supervised culturally diverse colleagues to accelerate service while maintaining quality of service. I ensured compliance with company’s policies and procedures in accordance with the operations manuals. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.

Pros

work new people from different countries all the time / interact with different customers

Cons

night shifts

International life experience with people from all walks of life

A typical day at work might not be as typical as anyone else typical day at work. Jet set off to another destination is not always fun and exciting, of course it comes with the excitement, the fun and getting to meet new people, but a typical day at work could vary from, dealing with someone difficult to someone who makes an impact in you're life, dealing with medical situations to getting your passengers safely to another destination.Every day is different, the only thing that remains the same is the fact that safety and security is a main priority and being prepared for anything at anytime at all times is a must and a plus. Ive learned so much about myself and other people over the years that its hard to explain or to know where to start. I would say that the most valuable thing I've learned is how to deal with people from all cultures and that no matter the situation, it's most of the time not what you do but how it's done and said. The management has been fair and always helpful towards me and find myself thinking how lucky I have been over the years to have had their support. Within the work place culture we have respect for each other and know that a safe and effective working environment can only be achieved by working together, being honest and having trust within each other and the company and sharing laughs and good moments of course. The hardest part of the job is NOT finding a solution for a situation out of you're control at 40 000feet, no, the most difficult part of the job is being away from you're family. The most enjoyable part of the job is -

Pros

Traveling to exotic places, shopping and new food experiences

Cons

Being away from family.

Fast Paced

Working as a cabin crew is fast paced and no regular hours. Pros: Working with multinational colleagues, visiting different countries, the company benefits. Cons: Quality and quantity of products are slowly declining, routes are being cancelled, unreasonable performance reviews.

Good Experience

Great experience to work in a multi cultural environment and there is a strong focus on employee engagement. The company often supports with allowing you to get involved in projects / ideas that may not necessarily be within your normal scope of work.

Merit based promotions within the Company

Etihad Airways its a fast growing airline, with transparent,fair treatment of its employees. Promotions are merit based, while flights are allocated fairly, to all cabin crew. Safety of guests and crew are always of primordial importance.

Pros

Good medical insurance; travel beneffits extended to familly and friends

Cons

No cons

Bad work culture as it is based on gangs

the only good thing about working in Etihad is Compensation/Benefits. The rest of the elements are really bad cause is based on gangs. So if you part of the gang you do no wrong, basically there are no work ethics whatsoever.

Pros

Staff Tickets

Cons

No work ethics

excellent

A typical day at work starts with the home preparation. Getting the flight details, making sure the grooming is perfect, representing the company in the best way possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Etihad Airways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Etihad Airways Reviews by Location

• Etihad Airways
  • Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?