Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant150 reviews
United Arab Emirates150 reviews

The travel was good, but not as glamorous as it seems.

Was hard work. Great lifestyle in UAE but company totally bends to unfair treatment of staff by government officials. Dubai and Abu Dhabi certainly have a western influence however the laws of the land prevail. Most of the time this was fair and reasonable, except when it wasn’t. Whatever they want to do or say goes, even if in Australia or Western cultures, it would not be considered allowed (legal) in relation to industrial relations, in their country, they make the rules and you have to comply or leave.

Pros

Travel, crew meals, colleagues who you work well with.

Cons

Demanding passengers, being treated poorly by managers.

Fun workplace

Customer focus environment Developed patience, empathy and soft skill attitude.Helpful and understanding environment.On time performance was the key.

great place to work

Good benefits, provided accommodation, medical insurance, employee support, positive working environment and dynamic tasks, get to travel the world and visit many countries

Pros

Get to travel the world, meet new people see new countries and get to know a lot of different cultures around the world

Cons

dealing in a stressful situation, knowing that your life is on the line if anything happens dealing with different type of people

Wonderful experience very organised management is very helpful and creates a great place to work. Working Environment is amazing growth opportunity is there.

Fun and enthusiastic work environment.

Etihad Airways were very well organised and valued their employees. They are by far the best airline to work for with a strong commitment to personal growth and that of their staff. I was supported from the moment I was granted the position to the day I moved back to Australia from the Middle East. I could recommend this airline more.

Pros

All expenses paid for with the exception of food and phone. Transport, housing and training is brilliant.

Friendly and professional.

Every flight was different. Meeting different coulegues every flight. I learnt to work as a team. Learnt about first aid and safety of different kinds of aircraftc. Workplace was very friendly but also professional.

Pros

Free travel

Cons

Jetlag

Progressive work environment

Like any other company Etihad Airways was a productive space. You get to choose how to grow. It was a great experience and I would do it again.I was promoted quickly and that happened because I showed I was hardworking and I wanted to grow. Working at Etihad provides you with a healthy competitive space, for growth and learning.

Etihad airways

I would not recommend work for them. They dont care about the workers. Managers arent professional nor helpful at all. You are just a number. I regret I ve joined them.

Pros

Cheap tickets

Would be great if the management didn’t change

At the beginning the company culture was great and it really felt like we belonged to the “Etihad family”. It was a place where you really felt like you belonged. After the management was changed the redundancies started and the attitude the new management had towards employees was completely different. The COVID-19 situation could’ve contributed to this but over time it just kept getting worse and worse for the crew.

Pros

Employee benefits

Cons

Reporting culture, management doesn’t take criticism well

Pathetic unorganized company to work for

I would never recommend anyone to go work for etihad. Their management are the worst of the worst. No communication no transparency and no job security. Total control of the crew down to what they do in their accommodation. Never a feeling of relaxation or feeding. Management onboard from 3rd world countries come from working as cleaner in McDonald’s and think they run the world. Don’t go work for them

Pros

Staff travel deals are great

Cons

No job security bad management

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Etihad Airways?

Productive and fun workplace

The most enjoyable part of job in to get chance to explore the world,meet and get chance to work with many different nationalities ,getting chance to stay in luxurious hotels around world ,unlimited Airline ID tickets benefits ,getting chance to to learn about so many things as a professional and personal level ,

Pros

Free tickets, stay in 4-5 starts hotels, travel different countries, salary, company apartments

Cons

Long non stop hours flight, jet lag

Productive and fun workplace

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Etihad Airways is absolutely amazing as I had a chance to travel the world, having a balanced rosterPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Etihad Airways are accurate

Good package but toxic working culture with a clueless management

I started working for this airline nine years ago. Package was attractive but not sustainable due to lack of budgeting skills from the management. Overtime it become less and less, but still acceptable. The worse thing about this company is the toxic working culture and a totally incompetent management. Most of activities are made just for the show, not for the actual content. Most managers have short-term, self-serving goals, inclosing a certain CEO there in 2012. No real meritocracy, just connections, without it no opportunities. Lastly there were waves of terminations, of thousands of employees, without transparency on the process. Especially about my department, cabin crew, basically there was no appreciation, total disregard for personal files etc. Just everyone suspects it was a warning less, random firing, to be done quickly. This showed the true color, of lack of communication, organization and actual care about people. Management has been a joke since day one, but it turned extremely bad once real problems rose.

Pros

health insurance, paycheck above average, free accommodation

Cons

clueless management, disorganization, waste of resources

Considered one of the best airlines in the world

Etihad Airways is one of the famous airlines in the world. Give me the opportunity to work with different cultures and travel around the world. It was a pleasure to work for Etihad

Etihad Airways

Great company to work for,there is room for improvement in every company.The overall experience is outstanding compared to the rest.I have worked for multiple international Airlines but as far as working for them as an employee was pretty much comfortable and a relaxed journey.Don't get me wrong you will work hard and long but will be trouble free if you keep to your side of the barging. Good luck can't say about the covid situation but my own experience was awesome.

Pros

Great company and healthy work enviroment

Cons

Promotions are slow

Loved my experience with Etihad

I worked 3 years for Etihad and loved my job! Had the best flights, benefits and colleagues!Of course, as a flight attendant you don't sleep at nights, you might miss birthdays, wedding of your loved ones but it worth it.

Pros

Salary, benefits

Nice surprise

People always told be negative story about Etihad. The work atmosphere etc. etc.I didn't listen and applied anyway. I've been almost one year in the company right now and I still like it as when I joined.The work load isn't as much as for Qatar or Emirates for example. This is what I really like about this airline. You can still have fun while being at work. I don't feel like there's a lot of stress onboard... maybe during certain parts of the flight that it might get a little busy but in general I think people may clap in their hands with a job within the Etihad Family.

Pros

Great salary, Nice coworkers

Cons

Short layovers

Best life experience

Was my dream job, the environment was very diverse, friendly people from over 125 nationalities, fast growing opportunities and many other possibilities

Amazing multicultural environment

Amazing multicultural environment where you are given all the tools to grow and showcase yourself. You receive all the information and rules, and as long you decide to follow them you are all set to succeed.

Productive and fun workplace

Learn new thgs evrydayEvryday is a new learning.Get to see the whole world Like a paid vacation .Awesome place to work with all the benefits and Discounts everywhere as an Etihad Employee.Friendly staffFriendly TrainersShort or long flights doesnt matter if u have a positive and helpful team Team work is important in any job .

Pros

Best benefits and attractive salary

Cons

Long working hrs at times

Workplace culture

It's one of the best companies I have ever worked in my 20 years experience.Every employee is treated with dignity and respect.I have learned new techniques and corporate culture in Etihad.

Pros

Exellent work culture

Cons

Hard to leave Etihad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Etihad Airways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Etihad Airways Reviews by Location