Elevance Health

Elevance Health Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,784 reviews

Productive place to work

Great compensation, no room for growth, ability to telecommute. Must be willing to sit for extended periods of time with minimal breaks and answer 20 plus calls per day

Benefits and productiveness

Great benefits and pay. Everyone is nice and very helpful. My job deals with a lot of incoming calls from facilities initiating pre-authorizations, or anything related to the pre-authorization process. Management is very helpful and kind. Great career opportunity for growth.

There is a lot to learn but management will make it is an enjoyable experience.

Elegance Health is a great place to work towards a lifetime career. You can also further your education while you work that is fully paid for based on your participation. Team players and managers as well! I started out in Customer service but I am moving forward in the company and won't stop until I feel like I can stay where I am now!

Pros

Benefits, remote work

Cons

Pay could be better per your job role.

I'm better now

I've held 2 positions in 2 different departments. My first department was customer service and even though I absolutely loved my direct manager, the assistant director was making everyone miserable. He was very cold. Didn't care what was going on as long as bodies were in the seats. Emergency? Forget about that. He didn't care. You have to work in a department for a year before going for a transfer (unless management signs off on the transfer before the year). As soon as my year hit, I put in for any other department. My new manager AND director are both AWESOME! No micromanagement. They are super flexible with work/personal things. They actually care. I feel like I went to a brand new company!

Pros

Great employees

Cons

Your experience solely depends on which department you work in

Internal Audit

Horrible place to work. Management has went down the tube. There is favoritism. My position was eliminated with no notice. Years of longevity were rewarded with a job elimination

Training

Training was straightforward. Boring. A lot of info. Could have been more fun and engaging since we were virtual. Not that many job openings you can climb

Deadend

No room for advancement, even with years with the company. Hard work goes unrecognized. Micromanagement, lack of trust of employees, mandatory overtime.

Extremely low pay but ok company to work for

The pay is way too low. Work life balance is great!!! Training could be better but ok job all around. My manager was understanding. They had LOTS of IT issues.

Terrible do not work here . If you give it a try just don’t accept the sign on bonus so you can leave when you sign up for this cult

This job is terrible and nothing like expected. The supervisors are so slow , job is extremely micromanaged. I do not recommend working here unless you plan to have no off days, no promotions, no life and over worked . This was the worst experience. I love the service members who need help . It’s almost like working for a suicide hotline but your not able to help the person as much as you possibly can bc you’re being coached on what to say it’s very weird and inconsiderate to the person who’s dealing with the suicidal caller. Some days you’ll get call about school the entire day and the next call someone’s wanting to harm themselves. You’re not in control of anything

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, micromanaged, no time off, no sick time

Ok place to work

Unfortunately there are not many opportunities For advancement. Workload is high with no real relief in site. High stress and mediocre pay. Hard work/high quality work often goes unrecognized

Depends on your team

Like any other job, your manager can make or break your experience. I have great managers for work life balance but wish they were more engaged in training. They are too overwhelmed with their tasks.

Productive workplace

Good company to work for. Keeps up with industry trends. Management is always willing to listen to everyone's ideas and suggestions. Company is focused on being Agile.

It is 100% Remote

This is a challenging and all encompassing job. The main problem is Middle Management. You might be assigned to a good manager or you might not. It makes all of the difference. It is a very long day and you are monitored very closely. I felt chained to my desk. Metrics are so challenging! To meet or exceed your metrics you must work every second of everyday. The nurses were nice (but of course you don't really "see" them!). My take away is that it is a difficult company to work for.

Overall a good compnay

I've only just started but I cannot complain. The staff are genuinely great and the work can be challenging but very rewarding. There is opportunity to grow and it's nice that you can work from home.

Good company

Great culture, wonderful teamwork, decent benefits, room to grow, paid holidays. Training was very organized. My teammates are very helpful and management is great

Great employer for a PBM

I started out doing PA for pharmacy/medical coverage for meds and speciality meds. I’ve worked a few call centers before and this was hands down the best one yet. Metrics weren’t hard to hit, bonuses were based on how much OT you signed up for and not for unrealistic goals. OT is (usually) plentiful (it’s rarely mandatory) which is a nice supplement to your income. They pay double pay if you work 7 days in a row (mon-sun) but it’s usually only allowed for emergencies. Insurance options are decent, if you choose the EPO you can qualify for a supplement, I chose nutrition and as a single person making under 51,000, qualified for 1200 a year (comes to about 45 per pay period and put on a card). I started at 20 an hour and after a couple years was at 23.25, more now with other promotions. Promotions are usually a 10% increase and raises are yearly (2%-5%). Bonuses are usually quarterly, about 2.5%, management is usually annually. 401k isn’t too bad, I believe it ends up being 4.5% match if you invest 6%; full vesting after 2 years. Employee stock options with a 10% discount (3 month look-back) taken directly out of your paycheck. Overall, there are a lot of benefits working for Elevance Health on the PBM side, CarelonRX. The only downsides I can think of is the promotions being capped at 10%, I feel like I have to transfer or promote often to get better money.

Pros

Too many to count, love the w@h

Cons

I’m sure there are cons, but none big enough for me to think of or feel it’s relevant

Wasted 6 years

I was never able to grow or learn in new areas , its not what you know but who you know . If your not in the corporate office your department doesn't matter and lastly don't join LTSS they are the lowest paid.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Low pay, no growth

great Job !

Love working here! My department is rather small but everyone is so supportive and helpful. Training has been amazing since day one! Could use longer breaks/lunches.

Stuffy Corporate Culture, Words & Action not Congruent

The company is a walking contradiction. What is said by senior leaders is not carried out by the operations managers. Keep your head down, say smart things, hit your numbers & you can skate by 30 years. Good luck!

Good Company

great company with great benefits. You will have the opportunity to do work that really matters. It can be challenging working as a contractor but other than that its awesome.

Pros

good work

Cons

some contract work

Poor work life balance

Very poor work life balance. Work load is unreasonable and unrealistic. Only care about quantity instead of quality of work. Constant use of positive affirmations as a form of brainwashing and covering up how bad the work conditions are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elevance Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Elevance Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?