EisnerAmper

EisnerAmper Employee Reviews

Great experience

Very friendly and helpful staff so far and everything so far has been smooth without stress and company investment in employees is something very rare in Indian Companies for employees at all levels.

So far good

Work life balance is good. Managers know so much about the work flow and the field. Communication is the key to be successful Training was good too good culture

October 4, 2022
Thank you so much for your positive review about working with EisnerAmper! We pride ourselves on having a great working environment and an expert team to support our clients. Our Senior Accountants are wonderful, and we're glad that you've had a fulfilling experience working with them so far.Best,EisnerAmper Human Resources

Great place to start your career

I had a good experience at EA. The first year is always tough because everything is new, but once you start to understand the flow of things it gets easier to complete tasks more efficiently.EA is overall a good place to start a career, especially as an auditor, because you get to not only develop amazing teamwork and technical skills, but by going to so many different clients, you get to see how private accounting functions, as well as other departments. In addition to this, EA is a large consulting firm with many different departments and while I was there they were open on in-house transferring of departments (audit can switch to tax, or other types of services). Being exposed to all the different clients and internal resources can help someone make long-term career decisions.

September 14, 2022
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review about working for EisnerAmper’s Auditing team! The development of our employees is a top priority for us, and we offer countless learning opportunities and resources to help them do their best work. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback!Best,EisnerAmper Human Resources

Good environment

Good enviroment with limited career progression. People are nice, colleagues are willing to teach and learn together but there wasnt any growth sooooo

Flexible and lots of opportunity to learn

Very flexible hours and many opportunities to learn and work at the level above you. Many industries to audit and chances gain valuable experience. It can be a challenge to supervise staff while also getting your own work done and achieving work life balance.

September 14, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us! At EisnerAmper, we are passionate about creating learning opportunities for our employees at every stage in their careers. At the senior level especially, we recognize that the work can become more challenging. We appreciate your honesty, and we will use this feedback to make future improvements.Best,EisnerAmper Human Resources

What is the best part of working at the company?Remote optionWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The lack of understanding the clients profile as a wholeWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?There is no work life balanceWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Long date of Not too meaningful tasks since there is explanation of the clients’ overall needs

Fun workplace.

The workplace and people are good to work with. Good to learn about Asset Management. But did not enjoy Audit process. Many times a template filling excercise.

Quite a good place to learn but minor politics

There are much more focusing and experience in fund audit where you can learn and exposed to such different audit scope.However, there are not enough guidances from seniors as they are too busy to reply us.

Pros

Manager and Partner are willing to teach

Cons

Steeeeep learning curve and seldom work life balance, there are some staffs who gang up and playing politics around.

Lack of opportunities for growth

Biased management, didnt get any increment except for the mere $100 upon completion of probation...also no bonus given at all.Work load is ok, manageable.

Sweatshop with a high need to outsource

The firm does not care about you, and only care about brininging staffing cost lower. They are making a move to only hire and promote indian workers because of their high degree of outsourcing.

Advancement & promotion contingent on department manager.

Company benefits are excellent!Your professional growth will totally depend on management , regardless of numerous complaints against them, and extremely high employee turnover within same department. HR will ALWAYS protect company & ostracize those whom trust them with their concerns. You are either for or against the company. Or, play along, without dignity.

Benefits

Cons

Access to learning & achieving goals depends on management. HR will ALWAYS choose the company, ignoring company motto & code of ethics.

Great place to start career

Whether working from home or at the office, it's easy to meet new people at all different levels. Senior, managers, and partners are friendly and take an interest in getting to know new hires. The learning curve is high but there's plenty of support. Great opportunity to learn about different industries.

Very Old School Management

Everyone is overworked. Management will not invest in more resources to obtain a better work environment. Culture has an old school mentality. You will grind and not provide any upward feedback. A lot of broken promises which were provided during the interview process.

Pros

Compensation is ok

Cons

Overworked. No path provided to make partner.

Senior Associate

Focus was to turn projects, high volume, low quality of work, horrible client relationships. Pay is very low comparably to street, but flexibility was provided in terms of work location

Great company depending on your managers

In public accounting, you can expect charge codes and sometimes long hours during busy season. But this place is much better than big four as you are treated with dignity and respect, depending on who your managers are. I suppose that applies to all companies. In consulting dept, I enjoyed the variety of clients and travel. Set your own hours, etc.

Pros

Flexibility, variety of clients, good salary, benefits

Cons

Sometimes long hours, some managers are toxic, political, if you make mistake or issues with external auditors, you will get blamed

Good company

During my time here I was given opportunities to work on and learn a lot of new things. My manager cared about employees and was great to work with. The culture/environment is friendly and comfortable.

Pros

Laid back, work from home, structured environment

It could be better

It's not an awful place to work for. The huge problem is compensation in some locations is not fair. This i dustry is hard and stressful, compensation should be at market value.

Pros

People are friendly

Cons

Public accounting cons

Could be better

EisnerAmper is a midsize public accounting firm. You will work on various jobs in random industries based on availability. Many times you will work more than 40 hours a week due to the amount of work you have to do. Also many of the jobs do not have Managers so the Seniors tend to take on that work and report directly to the senior manager. This can be a good or bad thing. I’ll say that the technology was not the best and lacking behind some of the big players in the industry. Tech felt very outdated, the company feels outdated overall and the trainings weren’t too good. Also another thing I realized is morale is pretty low, which was something that struck me when I started. Nobody really seems happy to work here. Healthcare plans are not good as well. For example there are no copays on mental health services for the plan I pay for so you have to pay 100% out of pocket until you reach deductible. This was the first job that I actually had to pay some money out of pocket for bloodwork.

Pros

Summer fridays

Cons

Healthcare plans, low morale, poor trainings

Good place to learn with great people

Management needs to better understand their employees time. Cannot tell them to unplug and then expect them to answer client calls while on vacation.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Benefits not the best

Great learning experience

Wonderful company in public accounting field. Nice people to work with who share their experience. Promotions are always in place for motivated people.

Pros

Free dinner if you work more than 10 hours

Cons

Healthcare could be better

Beware

Be sure if you want to work there because they have a high deductible medical plan. Have a mentor to guide you through the firm politics in upward mobility. No matter what you will work more than 40 hours per week. Go in with the attitude you will work hard with the expectation you may not receive anything in return other than a medicore bonus. Good luck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EisnerAmper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• EisnerAmper
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?