Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,986 reviews

Great place to start

Wonderful work environment, but unfortunately time to move on as there isn’t much room for advancement for BOAs. Financial advisor can definitely make or break your experience.

Horrible work life balance

Ethically compromised company in an ethically compromised industry. Financial services is an industry where you can work your butt off and still not earn sufficient compensation to survive long in the industry. I worked for Edward Jones for 6 years and build a financial advisory practice with $38 million in assets under management and yet it was still not enough to satisfy the revenue numbers that the home office required to keep the job. The company places ridiculous amount of pressure on advisors to continue to grow the business.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Ridiculous expectations

It truly is a family environment. From headquarters to regions they really cared about their employees.

I have been with Jones since 2015. From the technology we have to the benefits they are one of the best companies to work with. We are treated like family with a sincere concern for our well-being. Our benefit package is great with the potential for limited partnership after meeting certain guidelines. We have unlimited training opportunities to maintain the highest levels of service to our clients.

Good place to work with decent benefits, 401k and helpful people. Pretty good management, for the most part, but there were often miscommunication issues and several temporary new hires that rotated in and out a lot, which made it a little hard to repeat the training process over and over again.

Great depending on your FA

Really great place to work, with great benefits, IF you have a good financial advisor. In this role, there is only 1 FA and 1 BOA so if there is tension or any issues it can be very awkward. But if you are paired with a FA who wants to work and rewardd for hard work, it's great.

Not what they say they are

Don’t count on feeling supported. Some people get handed their career others are left to fail while those who work hard to create a good book get forgotten

Great Business Model

This was a chance to step into the financial advising world after years in insurance and the training was phenomenal. If you’re okay with prospecting and introducing yourself in-person, then you can make a career.

Puppy mill for financial advisors

A nice place to start if you’re lucky enough to be given assets, but overall it’s a puppy mill for advisors with a very high turnover rate and sometimes low support, but still a good place to start in the business

Good company with strong culture

Good company with strong culture, but its culture may make it hard for management to continually evolve. Its limited partnership offerings will be hard to continue.

Timid

Make sure you can actually work around their schedule. They’re not flexible with working around employees schedules. They want you to put them first before anything. Take that into consideration.

Great school district to work for

Clerical Subs - great place to work. Job is subbing in different schools. Most staff is very friendly and easy to work with. Great for moms as you have off summers and school breaks. Only con is pay is not great.

A time machine to the past, but great if you know the right people

Being a financial advisor at Edward Jones is like hopping in a time machine and traveling back into the past. The technology and trading platform are hysterically antiquated, as are the firm's tools, systems and processes, as is their single prospecting method -- knocking on doors, in a world that moved on from door-to-door sales decades ago. Training (which consists literally of what to say at someone's doorstep) is a joke. Like every other financial firm, it's a sales job. Period. View yourself as a salesperson and bring in the bucks and you'll be fine. The best way to succeed is to be given assets by a close friend or family member with an established business. And, like every other firm, it's "Rollover U" -- if you don't get 401k rollovers on a consistent basis when you're building your book, you're not going to be successful. There is no equity or equality at Edward Jones, despite their internal and external marketing. You're an individual who is constantly being compared to other FAs who may have wildly different experiences than you in terms of how they got started with the firm, who they knew in the firm, who their family members were in the firm, etc. Nepotism is an enormous problem.

Pros

Flexible hours, get out of it what you put into it, sometimes you can really help people

Cons

Brutal five-year startup period for new advisors, technology that's decades behind the competition, training to knock on doors but nothing else, the culture is very cultish with lots of Kool Aid

Pay and benefit not that fair. BOA No way to be treat least fair. I know So many unfair on BOA who they communicate privately

BOA never be treated as fair and reasonable. FA is the only boss in the office. Take lots of advantage of BOA from work and personal life. How can be least fair? No way at all. The fact is BOA always have to babysitter FA but with least pay. I knew so many BOA just have to bear and keep in silence in order not to lost job. Lots of overwhelmed story in different branch.

Great Remote/Work from Home options

Highly regarded company in St Louis. Positions within company vary a lot: from low paying hourly rates to very well compensated upper management.Low pay and bonuses in Service for the level of knowledge needed and expected call volumes.

Cons

Very scheduled day with no personal control, 30 minute lunch and two 15 minutes breaks all scheduled by separate department

Great place to work.

I enjoy working at EDJ. Very diverse Team who create a sense of belonging. They provide guidance and training to help you grow in your role. Your first few months can feel overwhelming trying to navigate the system but they provided a Mentor that is always there to help. In addition to that the Home office associates are extremely helpful.

Great place to work if you’re driven

Poor diversity, no safety measures or consideration for people of color when working in a predominately white community. Firm has you go door to door to prospect clients.

Cookie Cutter

Edward Jones lays out how to become a successful F.A. from front to end. They do a great job teaching you everything you need to know. They work extremely hard to help develop people that are starting out in the industry.

Good employer, great people

Edard Jones Investments is a good company to work for. They have lots of good programs, and are very thoughtful and serious about being an employer of choice.

Best Organization I've Ever Worked For

I've never worked for an organization that is so supportive of its employees with such a positive culture in my life. I actually enjoy going to work everyday, which is not something I'm used to after having left a toxic job environment after 18 1/2 years.

All inclusive, productive, focus-driven environment

Working for Edward Jones was an amazing experience. During my time there, I was able to learn so many valuable skills regarding a successfull business. There are always opportunities for advancement, and Edward Jones treats their employees with respect and inclusiveness. I have nothing negative to say regarding this company.

Freedom

Edward Jones financial advisors have the support and freedom to build their business as high as they want to go. No one is going to tell you what to do each day.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Freedom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Edward Jones